We got copper medallions!!!

FoxyTerrier

We were given our copper medallions on the Oosterdam last week. We were suprised, as we thought HAL wasn't doing that anymore.

There was a pre-luncheon reception in the Queen's Lounge, metals, and pictures. We were sat at a reserved table, next to the Captains table. The picture was delivered to our Stateroom.

We thought it was great!

We were given our copper medallions on the Oosterdam last week. We were suprised, as we thought HAL wasn't doing that anymore.

There was a pre-luncheon reception in the Queen's Lounge, metals, and pictures. We were sat at a reserved table, next to the Captains table. The picture was delivered to our Stateroom.

We thought it was great!

Congratulations on receiving your copper medallions.

Thank you for reporting that you were treated so well on the Oosterdam.

We thought it was great!

congratulations on getting your medals

nice to know that a couple of ships still have reserved hosted tables at the mariner's brunches

Captain John Scott and his delightful wife, Susan, hosted table for Mariners Lunch on our recent Noordam cruise. It was really lovely and we totally enjoyed ourselves. There were three other couples, DH and me and Captain Scott and Susan.

Hotel Manager Mark Pells also hosted a like size table nearby and they all seemed to fully enjoy, as well.

What I describe happened very similar on all of our cruises in about the last 12 months on Maasdam, Eurodam and Westerdam.

We were seated at hosted tables for lunch on some of those cruises though not all had hosted tables. Our three Eurodam cruises did as well as Westerdam but not Maasdam.

What about Nieuw Amsterdam? Did you have a pre-brunch reception in Queen's Lounge?

Now that this thread has been resurrected - yes there was a very nice reception - and free pics. It was very nice.

they just forgot to tell us we were to go to the saved/reserved tables and we struggled to find a place to sit :rolleyes:

but the ceremony was nice for us.

I appreciate the perks of the star system much more than a medallion, but this is my experience for reference:

On my recent cruise on the Oosterdam I was invited for the first time ever to the cocktail party before the Mariner lunch. I had received my 4 star badge in the mail immediately after the previous cruise so I anticipated some recognition of this. In fact just one person was recognized at the party and given a copper medallion plus photo taken for 100 days.

Personally I have never received a copper medallion. I passed the 100 days early on during a 35 day cruise on the Veendam. I got a 3 star badge delivered to my cabin during the next cruise I took and 3 star perks applied then. The recent cruises I have been on were aboard the Veendam and Rotterdam. There were masses of 4 star mariners aboard so I wasn't surprised I wasn't invited to a pre Mariner lunch cocktail party.

So if you are hung up on getting a medallion I suggest you go on a ship with few long term mariners aboard.

Some of us ended up in the never never land as we had earned our Copper Medallions in the first six months of the conversion to the Star Program. We received our medallions but only by requesting them from Seattle and received them in the mail. No recognition aboard the ship at the time we had earned them. Have met several couples in the past year who have experienced this same situation.

Archived