FOS Best pub type

Looking for the best pub type hang out on FOS. A place we can go, grab a beer and just hang out. Nothing fancy, just a nice confortable place.

Thx

Tony

The only PUB on the Freedom is the Bull and Bear on the Royal Promenade, great place to hang out!

Bull and Bear is great place, but if you don't smoke, take a respirator, or you'll be a heavy smoker before you finish your second beer!

But - I did hear a rumor that everything on the promenade deck was now smoke-free, which would include the pub. Maybe someone can confirm?

• 4 months later...

The pub does have a dart board, but it appears to be for decoration purposes only. It's located to the right of the bar area where staff enters and exits. They make a great Irish Coffee in here and have a good variety of beer. This area used to allow smoking when it first came to Port Canaveral, but they changed the policy fairly quickly. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

I read that rumor about a year ago. On Navigator in Jan. it was not so. The pub was horrible! I really like the pub entertainment, but I couldn't stand the smoke.

This seems to vary by ship, maybe even by cruise, hotel director, who knows. For example, the pub on Voyager is no smoking, while on Mariner it's smoking. There is a very popular pub entertainer (name escapes me at the moment) who has been on Voyager out of Galveston for a while. Rather than switch to Mariner so he can stay in Galveston, he's staying on Voyager out of New Orleans, just to stay out of the smoke.

This seems to vary by ship, maybe even by cruise, hotel director, who knows. For example, the pub on Voyager is no smoking, while on Mariner it's smoking. There is a very popular pub entertainer (name escapes me at the moment) who has been on Voyager out of Galveston for a while. Rather than switch to Mariner so he can stay in Galveston, he's staying on Voyager out of New Orleans, just to stay out of the smoke.
Seems to vary as Liberty allowed smoking in the 'British Pub' the 'Hoof & Claw' this May in the mediterranean.

Just got back from FOS on Sunday. Spent just about every afternoon before getting ready for dinner, then again just before dinner, and several nites after dinner at the Bull n Bear. Great laid back atmosphere (smoke-free). Great service from Steve, Carville, and Debbie.

We went in May and it was the only place my DH could find the beer he liked (Murphy's Red). We sat at the outside tables for people watching and just brought food over from Sorrento's (pizza, olives and feta, artichoke hearts all delicious). We could still hear the music; we spent quite a bit of time there. It is a great spot for a before dinner drink.

Have a great time on the Freedom; we LOVED it.

Ann

Archived