e-mail from concierge?

ViviKim

Hi, I have been reading posts and learned that the concierge usually sends an e-mail about a week before the cruise. Our cruise is next friday Feb 18th on the Explorer and we haven't heard anything yet. DH keeps asking me because he is very interested in renting a cabanna for our Labadee stop. Are we to expect an e-mail, or does it varies depending on ship/concierge? If so, how do you recommend we proceed, should we try to contact someone or wait to book onboard. we really want to be able to book the cabanna as we are traveling with our 20 month old and it will be very convenient.

Thanks in advance,

Viviana

We recieved a email letter from our concierge about two weeks prior to our cruise. I know there is a way to email the concierge prior to your cruise but dont remember how to do it. Im sure you can either do a search for conciegre email or Im sure someone will chime in and help you out. Hope you get that cabana & have a great cruise. :)

Hi, I have been reading posts and learned that the concierge usually sends an e-mail about a week before the cruise. Our cruise is next friday Feb 18th on the Explorer and we haven't heard anything yet. DH keeps asking me because he is very interested in renting a cabanna for our Labadee stop. Are we to expect an e-mail, or does it varies depending on ship/concierge? If so, how do you recommend we proceed, should we try to contact someone or wait to book onboard. we really want to be able to book the cabanna as we are traveling with our 20 month old and it will be very convenient.

Thanks in advance,

Viviana

I recently did a back to back on RCL.

The concierge emailed us, both times, EXACTLY 6 days before our cruise dates.

We also got an email asking us if we wanted to be included to do a bridge tour and/or galley tour.

We were just like you....we couldn't wait for that email! :D

(But our first trip 3 years ago, we didn't hear from the concierge at all. So you never know...... Since then, we've gotten that email every time.)

To answer your question totally depends on the Concierge. We were on the EOS in October and did not get an email from Concierge.

try:

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

I cannot get this to format right.. ignore the underscore for the whole email address and use a _ between X and C.

CCG: Just write "The email address for the concierge is EX_Concierge@rccl.com. Please note the underscore between EX and Concierge".

:)

Let's see if I can recall all of the ship abbreviations:

OA

AL

FR

LB

IN

VY

AD

MR

EX

NV

RD

BR

JW

SR

EN

IN is Infinity, ID is Independence.

MR is Mercury, MA is Mariner

Then we have:

MJ

MN

VI

RH

LG

I am missing one...?

Aha!

GR

IN is Infinity, ID is Independence.

MR is Mercury, MA is Mariner

Then we have:

MJ

MN

VI

RH

LG

I am missing one...?

Aha!

GR

Thank you for the clarification on Independence. It explains the odd email I received in response to mine.

I certainly should have remembered the MARINER'S designation!!!! :eek:

And I deliberately omitted the list at the bottom of your post, since the topic in this thread is emailing the concierge.

Thank you for the clarification on Independence. It explains the odd email I received in response to mine.

I certainly should have remembered the MARINER'S designation!!!! :eek:

And I deliberately omitted the list at the bottom of your post, since the topic in this thread is emailing the concierge.

I figured you omitted it for that reason, but ship abbreviations come in handy quite often ;)

Back in my day working there, I ALWAYS mixed up the Infinity and the Indy. I will now never forget that ID is Indy, IN is Infinity.

To answer your question totally depends on the Concierge. We were on the EOS in October and did not get an email from Concierge.

try:

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

I cannot get this to format right.. ignore the underscore for the whole email address and use a _ between X and C.

We got one on explorer 1/16/11. If not, you can email as above. For good shade I would suggest cabana S9.

We would also like to rent a cabana for our upcoming cruise in March (we do have a suite). Should I wait till they contact us, or should I e-mail them now? We would like one that gets alot of sun. I thought they had a shady area inside and sunny outside, no? We are so excited about this stop as it sounds lovely.

Thank you all for your help........Sharon;)

We would also like to rent a cabana for our upcoming cruise in March (we do have a suite). Should I wait till they contact us, or should I e-mail them now? We would like one that gets alot of sun. I thought they had a shady area inside and sunny outside, no? We are so excited about this stop as it sounds lovely.

Thank you all for your help........Sharon;)

You could contact them earlier but I don't know if they will answer right away. Tell them what you want and they should be able to take care of you.

The cabana is like a structure. You have an inside with a ceiling fan and sofas. You have sort of a porch in front with lounge chairs. You will have a cooler with bottled water. They will get you float mats and snorkeling gear if you want. The area has its own buffet. They will pick you up just inside the main entrance and drive you to Barefoot Beach. You can leave whenever you want and they will take you back in a golf cart. It's really nice. The picture should give you an idea of how it looks.

IMG_0018.jpg.bfd3020d75aa8327610e2d5e65556bca.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg.46fc745e4bd0950753a0d288cb70f34b.jpg

Before we cruised the Freedom of the Seas, we did not get an email from the conciernge.

While on board we realized why.

He was so busy doing above and beyond....helping, and just plain being there for us.

This was our second cruise on RCI, second in a suite...........so he got us some perks we probably would not have been able to get.

We were able to sit at the captains table for dinner.

We got the bridge tour.

We were also invited to tour the gally ( this one was OK, nothing to rave about).

When the lounge had no other guest for happy hour he let our 16 year old come in and talk with our table mates and their 3 children. (If anyone else showed up, they quietly left)........please don't attack me on this one).

He was very busy keeping us happy........so I was not upset that we did not get an email ahead of time.

Safe travels.

Archived