Krazy Kruizers injured in bad fall

CrystalLady

thank you, thank you everyone

yesterday was a stressful day as i had an appointment with my doctor as i am still in a lot of pain in the ribs - especially on the right side

had x-rays done -- hope to get a report soon

today -- no tests -- just giving dh verbal cooking lessons

Yonnie, this past May I broke 4 ribs on my left side in a bad fall:( I know the pain you are in and can only suggest what worked for me to alleviate the pain and difficulty breathing.

Normally I can only sleep on my left side, curled up. But with the severe pain, which even the heavy duty pain meds did little to alleviate, I had to come up with a different position....

I ended up placing 4 pillows one on top of each other in the bed and leaning against them, in an almost totally upright position. I stayed that way for nearly 5 weeks:(

It will take anywhere from 4-6 weeks for the pain to go away, unfortunately:(

Please my friend take care of yourself and do not try to be stoic and suffer with the pain. It only gets worse if you do!!

Joanie

I've had my sternum sawed through twice and the ribs spread for two open heart surgeries ........ that's a painful deal. Hope your pain subsides quickly.

We had to cancel our trip/cruise for Eurodam's Inaugural/Dedication in Holland when I learned I needed a second heart valve surgery. That was so disappointing.

I can't imagine how uncomfortable it was for you getting home but so happy you were able to. So much better to be in your own home with your own doctors.

Hope you heal well and fast.

Glad you are on the mend.....I assume you are typing with one hand? I have some idea what that is like as I lost part of a finger a number of years ago and during the recovery simple things like getting dressed, taking a shower etc. take on a whole new difficulty level ;).

Kirk

yes -- it was -- now all dh has to do is heat up everything

doctor called a few minutes ago -- x-rays show no broken or cracked ribs -- apparently when i fell i just badly bruised the muscles and everything else in the area

instead of taking vicodin every 8 hours i have to take it every 4 hours

oh happy day :D

yes -- it was -- now all dh has to do is heat up everything

doctor called a few minutes ago -- x-rays show no broken or cracked ribs -- apparently when i fell i just badly bruised the muscles and everything else in the area

instead of taking vicodin every 8 hours i have to take it every 4 hours

oh happy day :D

Thank you for reporting your progress.

What a relief that you do not have cracked or broken ribs. The bruising will take a while to subside.

Was so pleased to read that a friend had prepared food for you. A very kind & helpful gesture.

today -- no tests -- just giving dh verbal cooking lessons

and i want to thank a special CC member who stopped by this morning with a ton of food for meals -- guess i won't have to give any verbal cooking lessons for a few days

When you've finished those meals, two words:

Take out.

Take out.

Followed, when you're feeling better, by "eat out". I'm sorry you missed your cruise, but glad you're on the mend.

right -- no take out food in this house -- couldn't stand all that grease

eat out -- hopefully once in a while -- maybe next week for starters when i can move around more without pain

Hi KK-

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Thank you for updating us. Although we have never met I truly have been concerned about you.

What a wonderful act of kindness for a CC member to provide meals!

Wishing you as easy a recovery as is possible...God bless you.

Kathy

thank you everyone for the good wishes

and i want to thank a special CC member who stopped by this morning with a ton of food for meals -- guess i won't have to give any verbal cooking lessons for a few days

How thoughtful! And wonderful for you. Some CC members are so terribly nice. Glad to hear no ribs were broken but something doesn't always have to be broken to hurt a heck of a lot!

Take good care of yourself and just say yes to Vicodan! Thinking of you:)

Take out.

RuthC, you know I loves ya dearly... BUT I do have to disagree with this one statement to Yonnie... "Take Out" No way!!! Needs to be DELIVERY:D:D:D

Sorry Had to do this:) I could not resist:D:D

Joanie

Hi KK-

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Thank you for updating us. Although we have never met I truly have been concerned about you.

What a wonderful act of kindness for a CC member to provide meals!

Wishing you as easy a recovery as is possible...God bless you.

Kathy

thank you -- maybe one day we will meet on a cruise

How thoughtful! And wonderful for you. Some CC members are so terribly nice. Glad to hear no ribs were broken but something doesn't always have to be broken to hurt a heck of a lot!

Take good care of yourself and just say yes to Vicodan! Thinking of you:)

thank you heather

i am really not happy about taking the vicodin -- again -- as i had just been off it for 10 days when this happened

RuthC, you know I loves ya dearly... BUT I do have to disagree with this one statement to Yonnie... "Take Out" No way!!! Needs to be DELIVERY:D:D:D

Sorry Had to do this:) I could not resist:D:D

Joanie

joanie

the only places in our area that have delivery service are the pizza joints -- and we eat pizza only once on a ship -- and maybe once every three months at home

We're lilke you, Yonnie, and won't do 'junk food' take out but for the rare occassion. We are fortunate to have a few 'sit down' nice menu restaurants that provide take out. I can have grilled salmon, caesar or greek salad and roasted veggies or whatever 'real dinner' food and know we're lucky to have choice of three such places. They even cook what we want 'special request preparation' and package it to go.

For those (many here) who fondly remember lkerr (Laura) who sadly passed last year but was a wonderful poster on this board, I'll share what a nice thing she did for me after my second surgery. She knew of a company that sent 'fine dinners' and knowing I love salmon, she ordered a salmon dinner sent to me and a meal for DH that was more to his taste. I was so surprised when the delivery was made and we so enjoyed it. She was such a generous and thoughtful woman and very missed. We had dined together in FLL and on the ships so she knew our tastes.

If we have a friend who is ill, I'll send flowers but I definitely send dinner. It means so much to someone to not have to stress about what they can handle for dinner.

We're lilke you, Yonnie, and won't do 'junk food' take out but for the rare occassion. We are fortunate to have a few 'sit down' nice menu restaurants that provide take out. I can have grilled salmon, caesar or greek salad and roasted veggies or whatever 'real dinner' food and know we're lucky to have choice of three such places. They even cook what we want 'special request preparation' and package it to go.

For those (many here) who fondly remember lkerr (Laura) who sadly passed last year but was a wonderful poster on this board, I'll share what a nice thing she did for me after my second surgery. She knew of a company that sent 'fine dinners' and knowing I love salmon, she ordered a salmon dinner sent to me and a meal for DH that was more to his taste. I was so surprised when the delivery was made and we so enjoyed it. She was such a generous and thoughtful woman and very missed. We had dined together in FLL and on the ships so she knew our tastes.

If we have a friend who is ill, I'll send flowers but I definitely send dinner. It means so much to someone to not have to stress about what they can handle for dinner.

our one neighbor battled cancer for over a year -- we did the same thing -- had flowers delivered when she got home

and then checked with her husband as to when i could make a dinner for them -- a few times -- since she also has 2 daighters -- not living real close by -- who also made dinners

Archived