Krazy Kruizers injured in bad fall

CrystalLady

So good to see your post KK--I have been thinking about you all day and how disappointed you must be at this unfortunate turn of events. What a bummer. I hope that you make a fast recovery and I have just one suggestion as to what to do with that cancellation insurance cheque. I think you know what it is.;)

Yonnie, I just this second heard about your fall and raced to the board for more info. Reading through was so happy to get to your post and learn that you're doing as well as you can considering. I am so, so sorry!

One of my worst fears is something happening so I have to cancel last minute, but to be as close as you were and not only to have to cancel, but be in pain as well, has to be heartbreaking.

Hope your recoverty goes the best it can! Fond thoughts and prayers go out to you today:)

I just now saw this posting:eek:

Yonnie, I hope that the breaks are not to bad and that they will heal fast!!!

I am so sorry my friend to hear of you being injured:(

May God Speed your recovery and have you back on board a HAL ship SOON!!!

Joanie

I haven't seen a post elsewhere - if I missed one, please forgive the duplicate.

Krazy Kruizers fell yesterday at the hotel pre-cruise Noordam this week. Her left wrist is broken, possibly another fracture in her left arm, and her right side is badly bruised. She'll be seeing an Orthopedic Surgeon tomorrow (Monday), but in the meantime, they've had to cancel their upcoming b2b Noordam cruises. I know what a disappointment that is because I, too, had to cancel a long-anticipated cruise in December due to a severe injury from a fall.

Let's wish her well, and a speedy recovery.

Thanks for letting us know. When I first read it, I gasped!! It was like hearing a close friend was hurt. That tells me that dome of the dear people we connect with on CC, like KK and Ruth, feel like friends because they are always so helpful and kind. Let her know all her friends on CC are thinking about her and wishing her the best.

I haven't seen a post elsewhere - if I missed one, please forgive the duplicate.

Krazy Kruizers fell yesterday at the hotel pre-cruise Noordam this week. Her left wrist is broken, possibly another fracture in her left arm, and her right side is badly bruised. She'll be seeing an Orthopedic Surgeon tomorrow (Monday), but in the meantime, they've had to cancel their upcoming b2b Noordam cruises. I know what a disappointment that is because I, too, had to cancel a long-anticipated cruise in December due to a severe injury from a fall.

Let's wish her well, and a speedy recovery.

Thank you for letting us know. It's bad enough to have such injuries, but to have to cancel an anticipated cruise makes it even worse. My heart -- and prayers -- are with her.

I am so very sorry to hear of your accident! You have been such a support and so informative for us ccer's. I hope and pray for a quick recovery! We'll all be thinking of you. Connie

i am back from the orthopedic surgeon. my doctor wasn't in but one of the other 4 doctors saw me. he read the dvd disc and also took a couple of exrays of his own. the soft cast was removed and i selected a pretty blue cast -- for the next 6 weeks -- after that i will have a portable cast for 4 weeks -- then they will determine how many sessions and weeks of therapy. i have to go back once a week to have exrays taken to make certain that the bones haven't moved.

it is a 'y' facture in the radius bone -- almost like 2 breaks.

thank you everyone -- as you can see -- can't type well so i will not be on much.

i am back from the orthopedic surgeon. my doctor wasn't in but one of the other 4 doctors saw me. he read the dvd disc and also took a couple of exrays of his own. the soft cast was removed and i selected a pretty blue cast -- for the next 6 weeks -- after that i will have a portable cast for 4 weeks -- then they will determine how many sessions and weeks of therapy. i have to go back once a week to have exrays taken to make certain that the bones haven't moved.

thank you everyone -- as you can see -- can't type well so i will not be on much.

I am so sorry to read this, and do indeed offer up a prayer for your safe and speedy recovery! Blessings to you and yours!

Ah yes, mine was a y fracture last year but in the humerous, although I never did have a cast. They had various other ways of holding it in place. Then as you say comes the therapy. I'm glad you are home and can recuperate in comfort, or at least as much as is possible.

Thank you for posting KK & letting us know that you are in good hands.

There are a lot of people out there that care about you.

Take care, take care of yourself and get better soon.

Our prayers are with you always

Archived