Krazy Kruizers injured in bad fall

CrystalLady

KK, sorry about your fall. I hope you heal quickly. That must be so difficult trying to handle injuries away from home, not just physically, but emotionally as well. Through the years I have enjoyed your posts.

OP, I'm sorry you missed your cruise, also. How are you doing?

OUCH! A serious fall with injuries like that is terrible when it happens on home turf, but to happen away from home AND pre-cruise is devastating! What a disappointment to have to cancel a long-awaited voyage--and just hours from embarking! A speedy recovery to KK!

KrazyKruiser -- I hope you get to read this outpouring of care for you. What a sober reminder of how fragile our grip on life is and how so very quickly even at our happiest pre-cruise anticipation times things can change. Wishing you the very, very best and the speediest of recoveries.

So sorry to hear this! What timing, yikes! Prayers for a speedy recovery. Since I just did a fall last year I know all the steps to recovery and it sure can't be much fun being away from home. And then there is trying to do things with one arm. I feel your pain!

i am back from the orthopedic surgeon. my doctor wasn't in but one of the other 4 doctors saw me. he read the dvd disc and also took a couple of exrays of his own. the soft cast was removed and i selected a pretty blue cast -- for the next 6 weeks -- after that i will have a portable cast for 4 weeks -- then they will determine how many sessions and weeks of therapy. i have to go back once a week to have exrays taken to make certain that the bones haven't moved.

it is a 'y' facture in the radius bone -- almost like 2 breaks.

thank you everyone -- as you can see -- can't type well so i will not be on much.

Archived