Elite Lounge Hours - possible change

Lsimon

I love the perk not only for the drinks but for the social time and I eat early seating. My favorite ship is the Connie and we will be eating at 5:45 so if they shift to a 5-7 Elite lounge time I'll be terribly disappointed. No time for a drink and no time to socialize. In the best of all worlds I'd extend the time from 4-7 to cover everyone. We meet wonderful people and talk about how much we love cruising Celebrity. If they have to, they could add add a tier - open the lounge to the second and give a couple of drink coupons to the first tier. As for Michael's Club - it is the highlight of my morning. I was loyal before but now I don't even look at other cruise lines.

I love the perk not only for the drinks but for the social time and I eat early seating. My favorite ship is the Connie and we will be eating at 5:45 so if they shift to a 5-7 Elite lounge time I'll be terribly disappointed. No time for a drink and no time to socialize. In the best of all worlds I'd extend the time from 4-7 to cover everyone. We meet wonderful people and talk about how much we love cruising Celebrity. If they have to, they could add add a tier - open the lounge to the second and give a couple of drink coupons to the first tier. As for Michael's Club - it is the highlight of my morning. I was loyal before but now I don't even look at other cruise lines.

I agree completely! Since the new benefits, I only travel Celebrity. But will consider Azamara. Love the idea of Elite Plus.

You pay for beer on Royal Caribbean. Also, on Celebrity you get some appetizers whereas on Royal Caribbean maybe trail mix.

Tucker in Texas

The post you are responding to is mistaken. If you are Diamond Plus on Royal you are invited to the Conceirge Lounge from 5:00 to 8:30 with a full bar and cold and hot appetizers are offered. You described the Diamond Benefits on the smaller ships, but the Freedom and Oasis Class ships also offer the full bar for Diamond members.

The post you are responding to is mistaken. If you are Diamond Plus on Royal you are invited to the Conceirge Lounge from 5:00 to 8:30 with a full bar and cold and hot appetizers are offered. You described the Diamond Benefits on the smaller ships, but the Freedom and Oasis Class ships also offer the full bar for Diamond members.

You are correct. I am just a Diamond member and have only been on Voyager or smaller ships. I should have made that clearer and I apologize. You are, also, correct that the Freedom and Oasis Class ships have dedicated lounges for Diamond with mixed drinks and appetizers while the smaller ships do not.

Tucker in Texas

It's officially now 5-7 starting with the cruises that turnaround today.

Phil

Hi Phil,:) do you think they will put something on the Celebrity website about this time change? So every cruise starting today? Or after today

will be the hour later?

Did they add the line for dress code that was on the Mercury we just got off about jeans are also fine as long as no holes or rips? I found a great pair of lighter weight denim trousers that I love around all that air conditioning. We hit the Pavillion Club a lot more this time than last without the need to change so much. Yes, we are dedicated late diners. So I change once after drinks for dinner and the Martini Bar pre-stop.

SHIFT the hours all the way to 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm?

EARLY Seating diners could avail themselves of two hours of free drinking...

...and the late seating diners could still pop in for a drink or two before rushing off to dinner...

NOW, THAT's fair, correct? Everyone gets to drink...

You late seating folks won't have to worry about coming in out of the sun early or rushing back from port or having to get dressed for dinner too early...

So what if the bulk of it conflicts with your dinner reservation? Everyone gets a shot...and the lounge won't be all that crowded because some of the guests will be at dinner...

;) ;)

I am not an Elite member yet, my mom will be after her next cruise, which means my dad will join in on that :) Honestly, we always go for late seating and I could never envision myself getting dressed before 6pm just for a drink. That being said, I definitely enjoy my drinks (I am 30 after all), but I treasure my time relaxing by the pool more. I would rather pay for a drink and enjoy the sun than get a free drink.

I like your idea of 8 to 10, but think that 7:30 to 9:30 would be even better. It would give the late diners an hour before dinner and the early diners an hour after dinner. Now that would also interfere with some of the shows. No matter what, there is no way to make everyone happy. I think the bottom line is that you make the best choice for you. Even with changing it to 5 to 7, I can't promise I would make it because I really like to stay outside as long as I possibly can! Either way, I think it is a nice perk for those that enjoy it!

Hi Phil,:) do you think they will put something on the Celebrity website about this time change? So every cruise starting today? Or after today

will be the hour later?

Hi Lois! I am presuming they will put something on the website because at the moment it says 4-6. Having experience of certain detail on the website and new X iPad application which has a typo we'll see how long it takes! I understand it is from turnaround today so for example Eclipse is back in Miami today and I would guess it will be the new time from now on.

Phil

Hi Lois! I am presuming they will put something on the website because at the moment it says 4-6. Having experience of certain detail on the website and new X iPad application which has a typo we'll see how long it takes! I understand it is from turnaround today so for example Eclipse is back in Miami today and I would guess it will be the new time from now on.

Phil

Thanks,:) I was thinking about the Caribbean sailings too. Summit and Eclipse sail today while Solstice sails tomorrow. Millennium sailed

yesterday (I think) and CENTURY is doing short ones and goes out today too. Just depends on when the ships leave next:)

Thanks for the info Phil. We sail on Eclipse next Saturday. :)

Hi Texed, have fun:D:):D..maybe one of these days our paths will cross for real

on a cruiseship (on a Celebrity ship:))

Hi Texed, have fun:D:):D..maybe one of these days our paths will cross for real

on a cruiseship (on a Celebrity ship:))

Thank you very much Lois.

Yep, it would be nice to sail together some day. :)

Ed, have a great trip!:) I too hope our paths cross on a cruise some day. We've got close a couple of times, but I think you are avoiding me:D Phil

No way I would try to avoid you Phil. We got very close to meeting in London once. :)

5 to 7 would definitely make the event more attractive to the late diners. I sure hope this timing change is adopted fleetwide.

I must say I am a little taken aback by the comments here from the early diners who are against the compromise.

How would it work for you if the event was held 4-1/2 hours before your dining time?

Would you attend if it was held at 2 in the afternoon?

Yes!! It always 1600 somewhere. ~ Ric

Archived