Elite Lounge Hours - possible change

Lsimon

As a first seating guest.... Why now just make the Happy Hr Event 4 to 7 and give all equal time????? Simple as that..... was that so hard?????? Solves the time bit very well......

I'm late seating. 4 to 6, 5 to 7, or 4 to 7 even better. :D

As a first seating guest.... Why now just make the Happy Hr Event 4 to 7 and give all equal time????? Simple as that..... was that so hard?????? Solves the time bit very well......

I am thinking that the reason that would not work is that there are passengers who would simply take the opportunity to have a 3-hour Happy Hour...... :eek::eek::D RCI has already played that game on Royal Caribbean.

As a late seating guest 4-6 or 5-7 is fine for me, provided I do not have to be changed out of my day wear then. The problem was that 4-6 because of the dress code was positioning itself as pre dinner drinks for the early seating and there was not a reciprocal time for late seating guests. If they removed the dress code, they could leave it as 4-6 - those on first sitting can come in their smart casual or whatever and those on second sitting can come in their resort casual for a drink before getting ready for dinner which would be fine

It is all going to depend when they are doing the shows how well 5-7 will work for late guests. If the show is at 7, you are going to have to start getting dressed for dinner by 5.00 if you want to have an hours drink in the lounge

When as on our last trip it was 4-6 (and on that trip we were allowed to wear shorts/nice sundresses in the lounge) we could go for a drink around 5 then come back at 6 and change for a 7 show which was much better than starting to get dressed up in the middle of the afternoon. And we saw no guests wearing "scruffy" wear, t shirts were smart, stylish (and in the main expensive!) Gents shorts were tailored; ladies sun dresses were hard to differentiate from some of the gear people were wearing who were dressed for dinner

As a late seating guest 4-6 or 5-7 is fine for me, provided I do not have to be changed out of my day wear then. The problem was that 4-6 because of the dress code was positioning itself as pre dinner drinks for the early seating and there was not a reciprocal time for late seating guests. If they removed the dress code, they could leave it as 4-6 - those on first sitting can come in their smart casual or whatever and those on second sitting can come in their resort casual for a drink before getting ready for dinner which would be fine

It is all going to depend when they are doing the shows how well 5-7 will work for late guests. If the show is at 7, you are going to have to start getting dressed for dinner by 5.00 if you want to have an hours drink in the lounge

When as on our last trip it was 4-6 (and on that trip we were allowed to wear shorts/nice sundresses in the lounge) we could go for a drink around 5 then come back at 6 and change for a 7 show which was much better than starting to get dressed up in the middle of the afternoon. And we saw no guests wearing "scruffy" wear, t shirts were smart, stylish (and in the main expensive!) Gents shorts were tailored; ladies sun dresses were hard to differentiate from some of the gear people were wearing who were dressed for dinner

I guess if afternoon was defined as noon to 10 then 4-6 would be in the middle. Otherwise it is late afternoon or early evening. I am just attempting to add a little humor.

Allowing dress shorts would really be nice since it is so early. Since I had the drink package during the last cruise, I only went once to meet the host and other cruisers. I did meet some really nice people. I have to admit that it was the dress code that kept me from visiting more often. I will change into long pants for free drinks if necessary, but not just to spend time with others members. I ending up having early drinks before getting ready for dining in the Martini bar with others. It does seem strange that from 4-6 you can wear shorts in all the other bars, but not at the Elite venue. You can actually be surrounded by other people in the Sky Lounge dressed differently.

But I can see people pushing the limits with swims cover-ups etc. The bottom line is that I think the dress code should be the same as all the other in door bars.

The 5-7 happy hour worked quite well last week on the Solstice for late seating diners. Many evenings the late seating show is at 7pm. We did not mind gettig dressed for dinner a little early on smart casual evenings. We usually headed to the lounge around 6:15 - the Sky Lounge is not conducive to conversations with other passengers - seating is spread out. Even the bar was empty as the barkeep did not want to converse or pour drinks. Most drinks were delivered from behind closed doors by wait staff.

Heeheehee, if I started drinking at 4 pm on an empty stomach I don't think I'd be making dinner at 8:30..........LOL:D:D

LOL!! Now, who ever has an empty stomach on a cruise. I just got back and I feel like a bloated whale!! I am not going to weigh myself for 3 weeks!!!!:D

Well, Elite Lounge is now 5-7.

Friend just got off the Summit on Saturday after two weeks and second week it changed.

Like it or not, might as well be happy it is still available - unlike CL for Diamonds on RCI.

• 2 weeks later...
RCCL offers all drinks (no frozen ones), beer and wine in their Diamond Lounge along with a table set up with appetizers (both hot and cold ones, wings, eggrolls, shrimp, veggies, etc.). Diamond and Diamond+ can use the lounge.

Are those drinks free on RCCL or 25% off?

We usually do early dining or Select. We never get to Elite happy hour until 5. As a matter of fact we were on The Equinox cruise that had so many Elie they split the group. The sky lounge was never really busy between 4 & 5 but mobbed after 5.

We really enjoyed the social aspect of the Elite happy hour. Good discussions with newly met cruisers.

the 5-7 time would be a better fix for both dining times. it doesn't seem fair that the later diners have to rush to get ready just to enjoy their elite status. two hours is a very short amount of time...and my vote would be to at lease 3 hours...RCL gives you from 5-8:30. if you are an early diner, you have time before, then sometimes we would slip back into the room for an after-dinner drink.

the 5-7 time would be a better fix for both dining times. it doesn't seem fair that the later diners have to rush to get ready just to enjoy their elite status. two hours is a very short amount of time...and my vote would be to at lease 3 hours...RCL gives you from 5-8:30. if you are an early diner, you have time before, then sometimes we would slip back into the room for an after-dinner drink.

Yep, and if you have a late dinner you don't have to rush to get dressed because you could go there 7-7:30 and still have an hour to have a cocktail before 8:30 dinner. I like RCCL's hours so much better, but I do like the 5 to 7 better than the 4 to 6 that Celebrity had.

This is great news....sushi bar from 5-6 and then elite lounge from 6-7 and our standing "select dining" reservation at 7:15. Just like home with the addition of the sushi appetizer hour :)

What Sushi appetizer hour?? I'm new to Celebrity so can you let me in on this........LOL

What Sushi appetizer hour?? I'm new to Celebrity so can you let me in on this........LOL

Most, if not all, celebrity ships (not the Xpedition) serve sushi in the buffet area in the evening. It's open to anyone and you can take what you want. I treat it as my appetizer (usually eating too much). while it's not outstanding sushi, it's pretty good and there is a pretty good variety. They also have Miso soup which actually is quite good at the sushi bar.

Most, if not all, celebrity ships (not the Xpedition) serve sushi in the buffet area in the evening. It's open to anyone and you can take what you want. I treat it as my appetizer (usually eating too much). while it's not outstanding sushi, it's pretty good and there is a pretty good variety. They also have Miso soup which actually is quite good at the sushi bar.

Oh........okay. RCCL also has sushi in the Windjammer for dinner.......it's in the area called Jade.

There's another alternative. If you want a drink outside of the Elite Lounge hours you could always go to one of the bars and buy one.

Phil

There's another alternative. If you want a drink outside of the Elite Lounge hours you could always go to one of the bars and buy one.

Phil

Hey Phil you always have a great sense of humor.

These new hours for the Elite cosktails is fair for both dining times. Now it really would be nice if X followed the RCCL happy hours . We have early dinner so one hour is just fine for us

The Liberty of the Seas is sailing from Barcelona Oct 27,2012 & I got a E2 (200sq ft cabin with a 70sq ft balcony)stern balcony today at $1894.38 total cabin cost incldg all port & taxes .It is a 14 night repo cruise doing 5 Spanish ports + Barcelona to start.

Cliff (from the Nov 5 Equinox Trabs Atlantic .)

This is great news....sushi bar from 5-6 and then elite lounge from 6-7 and our standing "select dining" reservation at 7:15. Just like home with the addition of the sushi appetizer hour :)

This was my exact thought as well, except we have late seating. So I thought when we leave the lounge at 7, then we can do our sushi appetizer!

If I remember correctly Diamond members on RCL receives a 25% discount in the Diamond Lounge on mixed drinks,

They also add 15% gratuity to the bill--net savings 10%.

Elite cocktails are free. No brainer.:)

P.S. The new 5-7 hours are great.

Jack

If I remember correctly Diamond members on RCL receives a 25% discount in the Diamond Lounge on mixed drinks,

They also add 15% gratuity to the bill--net savings 10%.

Elite cocktails are free. No brainer.:)

P.S. The new 5-7 hours are great.

Jack

Beer is not free in the diamond lounge it comes under the 25% deal.Elite is perfect, we are on early seating and 1 hour before dinner is fine with us.:D

Archived