Elite Lounge Hours - possible change

Lsimon

Normally I'd have no problem with the time change - it is a perk but at the same time seating times have changed on the Constellation. Yes, first seating is 5:45 now. I've always thouight the Elite Lounge was a great time to meet new people and have a drink and it will more rushed if they adjust the hours on the Connie from 5-7. You just get seated and you have to leave if you are first seating. Perhaps the wise people at Celebrity are taking this into account and adjusting the Lounge times on the Connie - 4:45 - 6:45 - I'll know soon enough.

I'm on the cruise before you. Check the dining times again. I'm on late and it changed to 8.15, but now it's back to 8.30 so perhaps main is back to 6pm for you. Maybe this was done in anticipation of the change.

Phil

Two weeks ago on Eclipse early dining was 6:15 and late was 8:30. If the time is changed to 5-7, that gives the early diners at least one hour. It's more of a hassle, still, for late diners, since it ends at 7 p.m., you still have 1 1/2 hours to kill before dinner. As someone else mentioned, Select Dining would probably work best. I think we'll switch to either Early or Select. We did late on Eclipse and 8:30 was really too late. We were with a large group of friends and most evenings we got out of the dining room just before 11 p.m.

If my info is correct and I have no reason to doubt it then post 131 refers.

Phil

That would be fine, but other than the statement of the poster on 131, what other evidence are you aware of that would corroborate the assertian contained therein? By the way, either time is fine with us.

Thank you.

I have read this entire thread & am amazed that so many people can take a perk & rip it apart. There were those who ripped it when it was first offered from 4 to 6, those who rip it because of the smart casual dress code, & now those who are upset that the hours are changing. It is a perk!! If the time doesn't suit you, don't use it! There's no rule that says that you must partake, or that you must spend the whole 2 hours in the lounge, or that it's even supposed to be used strictly for before dinner drinks.

I guarantee you that there is some suit in Celebrity's offices saying "Jeesh!! Can you believe these people!

Thank you for posting this...I must have started a reply 6 times but

deleted it before I hit "submit". Glad I am not the only one who has

these same feelings.

You are not:)

Phil

You are all definitely not alone... I am sure that there are many others who agree. When Celebrity began giving this and some of the other wonderful elite perks out, I think most of us were happy to have them. As I said in an earlier post, we did not often take advantage of this perk, but always thought it was a lovely benefit and when we were able to go, it allowed us a chance to meet other cruisers we might not have had the chance to meet. Thank you to Celebrity. I think your perks are great, and am very appreciative of them. :)

Starting with the next sailing of every ship, elite cocktail hour will change to 5:00~7:00 pm.

Those early diners can now switch to late dining in order to take advantage of two hours of libations...

It's on the UK C&A website now..

Added Benefits (Available on All Celebrity Cruises EXCEPT Celebrity Xpedition)

Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration event

Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items

One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing**

One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at a discounted price of $20 on all Celebrity cruises of 12 nights or longer

Complimentary dry cleaning of 1 garment item

90 complimentary Internet minutes (no purchase necessary - can be redeem as is or applied towards a larger internet package)

Access to the Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club daily between 5:00pm - 7:00pm

http://celebritycruises.co.uk/member-benefits/

It's on the UK C&A website now..

Added Benefits (Available on All Celebrity Cruises EXCEPT Celebrity Xpedition)

Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration event

Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items

One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing**

One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at a discounted price of $20 on all Celebrity cruises of 12 nights or longer

Complimentary dry cleaning of 1 garment item

90 complimentary Internet minutes (no purchase necessary - can be redeem as is or applied towards a larger internet package)

Access to the Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club daily between 5:00pm - 7:00pm

http://celebritycruises.co.uk/member-benefits/

But the U.S. website still says:

Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour (open daily except embarkation and the evening of the Senior Officers’ Cocktail Party)

But the U.S. website still says:

Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour (open daily except embarkation and the evening of the Senior Officers’ Cocktail Party)

Maybe the Brits can go from 5 to 7, but the Americans have to go 4 to 6.:eek:

I have read this entire thread & am amazed that so many people can take a perk & rip it apart. There were those who ripped it when it was first offered from 4 to 6, those who rip it because of the smart casual dress code, & now those who are upset that the hours are changing. It is a perk!! If the time doesn't suit you, don't use it! There's no rule that says that you must partake, or that you must spend the whole 2 hours in the lounge, or that it's even supposed to be used strictly for before dinner drinks.

I guarantee you that there is some suit in Celebrity's offices saying "Jeesh!! Can you believe these people!

Amen, brother! Talk about hitting the nail on the head.

Hey, whiners - listen and learn.

I don't dring alcohol at all... And even "free" or "complimentary" words won't make me dring alcohol. So I don't care if it's 2-4 pm or 8-10 pm. But I will speak for those who like to use this nice perk. According to the latest reports (last Constellation cruises) the early seating time is moved to 5:45 PM. And it means that early seating will have only 45 minutes to enjoy the perk. Kind of a rush I think.

Amen, brother! Talk about hitting the nail on the head.

Hey, whiners - listen and learn.

It is not whining to express a like or dislike of a particular policy. That does not mean the perk itself is not appreciated. My issue is that if there is a perk it should be applied in a manner that is the most fair to the majority of those to whom it applies. IMHO the current timeframe and dress code clearly favor the early diners. As such, I prefer it be changed.

Celebrity is in the business to make money. I do not for a minute believe they are giving these perks out of the goodness of their hearts. They obviously feel they are a good marketing strategy aimed at repeat passengers. (and in most businesses, repeat customers are ever so much more valuable than new - they are the backbone of their finances). So many posters come back at anyone who expresses a dislike of a Celebrity perk like this with the implication that they are doing us a big favor so we should just be greatful and shut our thankful little mouths. I, on the other hand, do not consider this a 'gift' but rather a marketing strategy they are using to please repeat customers. Being said repeat customer, I feel that I have the right to opinons about whether I like their marketing strategies or not.

When all is said and done it is not all that important to me what time the event is. But being able to express my opinion? I thought that is a big part of what these boards are about.

Archived