Elite Lounge Hours - possible change

Lsimon

Agreed. If they can't extend the time to accomodate late diners, they could at least relax the dress code. Not sure why it is there in the first place. If some are already dressed because they have early dinner - fine. But if not, so what if some are in shorts. Considering it is in a lounge I can see outlawing bathing suits and coverups maybe, but what is the big deal about wearing shorts at 4:00 in the afternoon.

IMHO, I would not like to see the dress code relaxed. Four o'clock is late afternoon in my book and I do not want to see hairy legs, backs, underarms, etc. while relaxing and chatting during the Elite Cocktail time in Michaels or the Sky Lounge.

We were late diners until last year and decided to have dinner on the ship more attuned to our regular dinner time at home, 6:30 - 7:00. The possible change to 5-7 sounds fine with us. DH does not drink and I usually drink 1 cocktail at the elite time and enjoy nice wine at dinner. :)

IMHO, I would not like to see the dress code relaxed. Four o'clock is late afternoon in my book and I do not want to see hairy legs, backs, underarms, etc. while relaxing and chatting during the Elite Cocktail time in Michaels or the Sky Lounge.

We were late diners until last year and decided to have dinner on the ship more attuned to our regular dinner time at home, 6:30 - 7:00. The possible change to 5-7 sounds fine with us. DH does not drink and I usually drink 1 cocktail at the elite time and enjoy nice wine at dinner. :)

I agree the times later are better

Honestly Its 4 pm........ in the summer in the Med or in the Caribbean in winter! why do we need to be stuck inside ??? and then inside after for dinner and a show??? It makes no sense! Shorts are fine in a lounge prior to dinner time if its 4PM. I DO NOT feel its right to make late dining people be dressed for 6-8 hours of a day in Dinner appropriate clothing.

I found the lounge when we used it most on Century a great social gathering. As a result of it being daylight until late it did feel odd being stuck in Crystal room at that time as a "Benefit" NOBODY I know would have a social gathering inside a dark room during Warm weather at 4 in the afternoon when you have wonderful View or backyard or pool to host it around.

We already have Clothing appropriate Club events during the cruise lets relax and make this a nice casual social event? ( I have written this on our comment cards) As I said before move the location around on different nights like the Lawn club? or something make it like a gathering after Golf or after a Polo match? *** Elite Members LAWN CLUB hours drinks bocce and nice music and sunshine or sun starting to set! sounds amazing

After we go riding our horses in the Summer we always meet for drinks on the members patio and its so much better then the inside where we go in the winter and talk about the warmer weather to enjoy!

I am fine with a dress code but the current times of 4-6 are awful for us and for many we spoke to on our last cruises. While on the Equinox in the Med this Past july we were the top cruisers and they kept asking us to drop by the Elite lounge for an hour or so. We never made it once, by the time we got on the ship after a tour and could eat some sushi or even think about our evening ahead it was already past 630-7 pm LOL

The idea to try it from 5-7 is much more reasonable it works for both dining times better

On the Millie there were a lot of us that enjoyed being "stuck" in a room between 4 & 6:D We met almost every evening and had a great time. I can understand why they asked why you didn't attend - you were missing out on a great chance to interact with fellow cruisers!. I get it, 5-7 works best for people who dine later but I would like a 2 hour "flex" time to go to Micheal's as well. I never stayed for 2 hours but knew I had that time to drop in at what ever fit my schedule. I just feel the ambiance won't be the same with all the early diners lining out the door at 5 to get tables and meet up with friends for 1 hour. With the hours being 4-6 it was open to late diners and they were able to attend but some chose not to (many did attend), with 5-7, early diners are effectively had access reduced to 1 hour. I would be more than happy with the hours of 4-7 which would give everyone equal access.

I don't know where all the other early seating people are on this board - I feel that I am standing our here without my asbestos suit on waiting to get nailed but I am sad that this would affect my cruise experience as we really enjoyed this CC amenity.

We are late diners and we like the hours as they are now. We find 4 pm a good time to break for a refreshing drink (G&T's were our choice on our recent Equinox cruise) and then we go back to our room for a nap before dinner.

We prefer the more extensive bar menus and people-watching opportunities available in public lounges when it's time for pre-dinner cocktails. ;)

We are late diners and we like the hours as they are now. We find 4 pm a good time to break for a refreshing drink (G&T's were our choice on our recent Equinox cruise) and then we go back to our room for a nap before dinner.

We prefer the more extensive bar menus and people-watching opportunities available in public lounges when it's time for pre-dinner cocktails. ;)

Yes running in from a snorkel trip, trying to change into dress code and them changing again?

Not so easy

We always thought the time was to early ESP if you dinner is at 830 pm and it's still sunny and beautiful outside. We don't go for the free drinks we have premium beverage packages, but we enjoy the company it's just 4 pm when many times ( most) the ship leaves after that is not really that great

Christine Frances

I totally agree with you. I am astonished by the number of people unhappy with the times. If Royal Carribean can offer a three hour window, I'm confused why Celebrity can't. Have never traveled on RCL, but the Diamond Plus Lounge sounds really nice. Perhaps we should have Elite Plus Lounge.

Just got off Constellation this weekend and the hours for the Elite lounge were still 4 - 6. We have late seating and never stopped in the lounge. While offering the lounge is certainly a nice perk, we have no interest in dressing smart casual this early to get a free drink. We choose late seating so we can relax, not rush before dinner, etc. So we choose to skip the lounge. It would be much better if it were 5 - 7. That way, early and late diners could take advantage of it. We are typically ready to head for cocktails by 7 and we could be ready 15 minutes earlier if the lounge was open until 7:00.

I actually think if they are going to offer a perk like this (I was always surprised that they did this to begin with), that it needed to be a bit more equal towards both dinner seatings if they want really want members to take advantage of it. I'd much rather if they had longer hours and limit the drink to one per member than late afternoon hours. It would even things out and probably save them money in the long run. I'd even be in favor of one drink coupon per day per elite member that could be used in any lounge/bar. Maybe make them valid for a different bar each day to encourage passengers to try different places? I would think it would control the amount of free drinks they are giving away (my guess is that those that do visit the lounge each day consumes several drinks while they are there) and it would be far more fair to all members.

Keep in mind that unlike Royal Caribbean ships that have dedicated lounges, Celebrity uses public lounges that they don't want to take out of commission except for a short period. Overall, I'm appreciative that they offer the perk. However, it's not one that is useful to us or many other late diners.

While we are talking about "perks" I really wish they would stop the coupons that say FREE something with the purhcase of something else. If you have to purchase something to get something FREE then it's not really free!

Best response of the entire thread -- thank you!

Rgds, Ned & Jane

i just read Ann's post. i would go for a drink coupon too.

i feel like Ann and others do-- there is much more than several free drinks at that time. .you miss sail away, Kindle reading etc. .the rare times i make it i d not wear shorts but i throw on anything that does not look like a cover up and then i change back to my bathing suit or gym clothes. i take one or two dresses thati have from an island and walk in wearing them.

no one ever said you had to have dinenr clothes just no sohrts or bathing suits..

Christine Frances

I totally agree with you. I am astonished by the number of people unhappy with the times. If Royal Carribean can offer a three hour window, I'm confused why Celebrity can't. Have never traveled on RCL, but the Diamond Plus Lounge sounds really nice. Perhaps we should have Elite Plus Lounge.

RCI offers free wine and a 25% discount on drinks. I'm not sure which category beer falls in. It's comparing apples and oranges to compare X Elite happy hour and what RCI does.

We usually have early dining or Select and I prefer 5 to 7 for Elite cocktails.

I vote for 5-7PM. Most people go only for an hour, and that would be good for first seating as ell as second seating.

I'm a Diamond Plus member with Royal Caribbean, having sailed on more than 40 of their cruises, and am entitled to go to the Concierge Lounge in the evening. I certainly don't go there at 5 and stay until 8:30, and very few people do.

Having a cocktail or two before dinner, in a more intimate setting, is all I'm looking for.

At 4:00 it's the middle of the day for me. I would love 5-7 or later like RCCL especially for Alaska. Don't want to miss the beautiful scenary.

Last May on the Mercury in Alaska most people that came to Michaels Club from 4-6 were dressed casually in what they were wearing during the day. The exception would be the early diners.

Just got off Constellation this weekend and the hours for the Elite lounge were still 4 - 6. We have late seating and never stopped in the lounge. While offering the lounge is certainly a nice perk, we have no interest in dressing smart casual this early to get a free drink. We choose late seating so we can relax, not rush before dinner, etc. So we choose to skip the lounge. It would be much better if it were 5 - 7. That way, early and late diners could take advantage of it. We are typically ready to head for cocktails by 7 and we could be ready 15 minutes earlier if the lounge was open until 7:00.

I actually think if they are going to offer a perk like this (I was always surprised that they did this to begin with), that it needed to be a bit more equal towards both dinner seatings if they want really want members to take advantage of it. I'd much rather if they had longer hours and limit the drink to one per member than late afternoon hours. It would even things out and probably save them money in the long run. I'd even be in favor of one drink coupon per day per elite member that could be used in any lounge/bar. Maybe make them valid for a different bar each day to encourage passengers to try different places? I would think it would control the amount of free drinks they are giving away (my guess is that those that do visit the lounge each day consumes several drinks while they are there) and it would be far more fair to all members.

Keep in mind that unlike Royal Caribbean ships that have dedicated lounges, Celebrity uses public lounges that they don't want to take out of commission except for a short period. Overall, I'm appreciative that they offer the perk. However, it's not one that is useful to us or many other late diners.

While we are talking about "perks" I really wish they would stop the coupons that say FREE something with the purhcase of something else. If you have to purchase something to get something FREE then it's not really free!

BRILLIANT idea!

RCI offers free wine and a 25% discount on drinks. I'm not sure which category beer falls in. It's comparing apples and oranges to compare X Elite happy hour and what RCI does.

We usually have early dining or Select and I prefer 5 to 7 for Elite cocktails.

You pay for beer on Royal Caribbean. Also, on Celebrity you get some appetizers whereas on Royal Caribbean maybe trail mix.

I like 4-6 because I have early dining but I can live with 5-7 since I usually only got there shortly before five.

I didn't realize that non-Elite couldn't access the Sky Lounge until after the Elite event. In fact, I found that service was really down between 5-6 and figured it was because the waiters gave "paying customers" preference to get tips. Duh. Now the 4-6 timing makes sense and the "slow" service was because the lounge was filling up with Elites.

Tucker in Texas

Being a late Traditional diner, I would love to see the 5-7pm times. Usually like to stay in a swimsuit and T as long as possible. Seems like a better compromise for early and late dinner options. Now, 5-8pm would even be better since my cocktail hour has usually been around 7:00 for late dinner.

OBVIOUSLY since we typically do early seating, we MUCH prefer those 4 to 6 hours...though I have no problem with them EXTENDING rather than shifting them...

5-7 would mean that we early diners would have to get there pretty much right at 5 and possibly rush off after about 45 minutes depending on the location vis-a-vis the dining room...

I do understand why late diners would prefer 5-7...heck, they'd probably prefer 6:30 to 8:30, making it the most convenient for them and cutting off early diners completely!

Now, we were on the Eclipse last summer (with the now customary 4-6) and LOVED the Elite lounge...We got together every day (that wasn't a late day in port) right at 4:00--both EARLY AND LATE diners among our "group"...and stayed the entire two hours...Our waiters even brought us a "last call" drink every day at about 5:59 whether we had a full glass or not...so the late diners could continue to sit there and nurse that last drink well beyond the 6:00 cut-off...

The whole thing was really more of a social thing than it was a drinking thing--though we all drank quite a bit...and I would really miss it being shifted and decreased by that much...

And, of course, realize that you late diners can STILL sit there and drink AFTER the cut-off...just like my friends did...and, if you want to keep on drinking until your 8:30 dinner time, you can...you'll just pay for a round or two...

Now, when we were on Allure of the Seas in January, they had the Diamond Lounge open and serving from 5:00 to 8:30...A FULL three and a half hours...which I thought was VERY accommodating to the Late diners...and very unhospitable to most early diners--though I did take a little advantage on a few nights by returning to the lounge AFTER dinner as we were usually done with dinner by 7:45-8...I would get one after dinner drink and socialize with some of my late seating friends before heading off to a show (a lot of the shows on Allure tended to start at 9:30)...

Still, it was almost funny that I'd see some of the folks who were in there drinking from 5:00 to 6 were STILL in the same seats, still drinking at 8:00!!

Now, again, I don't mind EXTENDING the hours...if they can do three and a half hours on RCCL, they can surely do three on Celebrity...But, I really think RCCL should pull theirs back to OPEN at 4:00 for the early diners (4:00 to 7:30 would be fair to everyone, even 4:00 to 7:00)...

...and remember, you can still order drinks at 5 minutes before cut-off and sit there and keep on drinking...You can even wait and get there at 5 til cutoff and grab a drink...

Okay, here's my two cents worth. We are Elite. Was on RCCL when the CL lounge was open to Diamond. It was great, met many friends, even visited them on our last TA in England. Next time "banded" from CL, but nice still the same. Had early seating, would go for a glass of wine before dinner and meet and talk to early diners as well. Then would go back for an after dinner glass of wine before 8:30.

On the Solstice last October, thought the perk was wonderful. Was a little surprised at the early hour, but we were a group of six and would plan our day to spend some time in the lounge before dinner. We were Aqua Class so we had a very loose schedule. Could sit and finish a glass of whatever without being rushed. Also met the same people that would rearrange their day to accommodate the hours. We are from Florida and the sun we loved is now supporting our dermatologists. On shore days it's a conscious choice of priorities.

We enjoyed our socializing although the Sky Bar was very large and if you really wanted to meet people, you had to make an effort to work the room.

We adjusted to 4-6, can understand 5-7, longer would be great. If they extended it to 8:30 like RCCL they might have a livelier crowd for their activities in that bar. Several times we went up there after dinner to their activities and only the bartender would be there.

Whatever happens I applaud Celebrity for the enhanced perks and truly appreciate them. We also enjoyed our early morning get togethers in Michael's Club. (Have to change my pictures below, we are now on the Equinox in April.)

Kathryn

I don't like that at all:eek: We have early seating so we don't get the full benefit. (1 hr) The people who dine late have 2 hrs!! What's with that!! We had a wonderful time on the Millie where both dining times were accommodated each night. Not happy:(

Christine,

How to get the Celebrity "X" logo with Elite written in the middle onto your User CP?

Thanks,

Bob

It seems that so many Late Seating diners seem to think that 5-7 would be fair...SO...as a "modest proposal", how would you feel about this:

SHIFT the hours all the way to 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm?

EARLY Seating diners could avail themselves of two hours of free drinking...

...and the late seating diners could still pop in for a drink or two before rushing off to dinner...

NOW, THAT's fair, correct? Everyone gets to drink...

You late seating folks won't have to worry about coming in out of the sun early or rushing back from port or having to get dressed for dinner too early...

So what if the bulk of it conflicts with your dinner reservation? Everyone gets a shot...and the lounge won't be all that crowded because some of the guests will be at dinner...

;) ;)

Christine,

How to get the Celebrity "X" logo with Elite written in the middle onto your User CP?

Thanks,

Bob

Not Christine but highlight it like on the bottom of my post, hit control C, go to edit my signature and put it in with control V. That's how I did it.

Not Christine but highlight it like on the bottom of my post, hit control C, go to edit my signature and put it in with control V. That's how I did it.

Copy/paste? What a novel idea. :D

Archived