Elite Lounge Hours - possible change

Lsimon

On RCI the benefit depends on the ship. On ships with a "Diamond Lounge", Oasis and Freedom class, cocktails, beer, and wine are all "free" from 5:00 to 8:30. On all other ships, those without a "Diamond Lounge", only wine is "free", beer and cocktails can be purchased at a 25% discount.

On RCI the benefit depends on the ship. On ships with a "Diamond Lounge", Oasis and Freedom class, cocktails, beer, and wine are all "free" from 5:00 to 8:30. On all other ships, those without a "Diamond Lounge", only wine is "free", beer and cocktails can be purchased at a 25% discount.
There was a diamond lounge and a diamond plus lounge on the Radiance and on the Jewel of the Seas in Feb.wine was free beer and cocktails were 25% off. I guess it is the luck of the draw.:confused:

There was a diamond lounge and a diamond plus lounge on the Radiance and on the Jewel of the Seas in Feb.wine was free beer and cocktails were 25% off. I guess it is the luck of the draw.:confused:

There is not a diamond lounge on Radiance class ships. :) There is a concierge lounge that D+ can use as well as suite suite passengers. And then there is a D event in one of the lounges. That is why you paid for beer and cocktails.

Radiance is suppose to get an official Diamond Lounge when she goes in for updating this spring......

There is not a diamond lounge on Radiance class ships. :) There is a concierge lounge that D+ can use as well as suite suite passengers. And then there is a D event in one of the lounges. That is why you paid for beer and cocktails.

Radiance is suppose to get an official Diamond Lounge when she goes in for updating this spring......

The "event" was held nightly in the bar on deck 13 with a sign that said for Diamond members, some of the diamond plus came there because it was large with lots of windows and the diamond plus lounge was crowded and smoky, this was on the Radiance. On the Jewel diamond members had a smaller room on deck 13 with a sign at the door reading Diamond Lounge for diamond members only, great bartender, same restrictions. She poured a lot of wine.Oct. on the Radiance,Feb 2011 on the Jewel.

Maybe the late seating folks should not arrive until 6 PM so that they have only one hour available. Fat Chance that happening. Us early seaters will just have to hog the drinks and drink like fish. Makes a happy night.

I'm a late dinner person and you better believe we won't be in there at 5pm and I'm sure a lot of others won't be there early either so there will be plenty of seats for early seating. We're lucky if we even make it there by 7 pm!! I think the change is time will even help with crowd control. As long as we're there by 7 pm we can get a cocktail - they don't throw you out of the room at 7 pm, they just stop serving free drinks. One cocktail is enough for us. Who sits there for 2 straight hours drinking?? I don't understand why people need 2 hours!!! Be greatful that they give us anything people!!!

What are the benefits/parameters of the Elite Lounge? I've been away for a while.

Hi,:) some of the benefits are: in the afternoons complimentary

booze and appetizers. The timing was 4-6pm since the inception which

has been in place for about 2 years now. It has very recently been

changed to 5-7pm. As you can see from reading the thread, there seems

to be some folks who are not happy with the time.

Me? I am easy....if I want a drink and the timing is not convienent

for stopping in the Elite Lounge? Well, I find another bar/lounge

and purchase one instead;)

Hi,:) some of the benefits are: in the afternoons complimentary

booze and appetizers. The timing was 4-6pm since the inception which

has been in place for about 2 years now. It has very recently been

changed to 5-7pm. As you can see from reading the thread, there seems

to be some folks who are not happy with the time.

Me? I am easy....if I want a drink and the timing is not convienent

for stopping in the Elite Lounge? Well, I find another bar/lounge

and purchase one instead;)

Lois, I totally agree with you. There are plenty of bars on the ship and I am more than willing to pay for my one or two drinks I drink a night. If I am not doing something else, I will show up for the free drinks but I won't complain about the time they are doing this.

Pat

I'm a late dinner person and you better believe we won't be in there at 5pm and I'm sure a lot of others won't be there early either so there will be plenty of seats for early seating. We're lucky if we even make it there by 7 pm!! I think the change is time will even help with crowd control. As long as we're there by 7 pm we can get a cocktail - they don't throw you out of the room at 7 pm, they just stop serving free drinks. One cocktail is enough for us. Who sits there for 2 straight hours drinking?? I don't understand why people need 2 hours!!! Be greatful that they give us anything people!!!

Not everyone goes there just for the free drinks, for some of us it is a chance to socialize. We have met a lot of great people on our cruises with X over the years and we always love the chance to visit with them again, this is a good place to do that.

Astrid

I like the 5 to 7 better as 4 -6 is much too early but there is no reason why they cannot accomodate both early and late diners. They have the staff. All they need is two three four bartendrers depending on the size of the group. Its extra tips for their staff as well.

Larry

Lois, I totally agree with you. There are plenty of bars on the ship and I am more than willing to pay for my one or two drinks I drink a night. If I am not doing something else, I will show up for the free drinks but I won't complain about the time they are doing this.

Pat

LOL.......Pat, same here, like I said before I'll be lucky if I get there before 7 pm! We don't rush after a day in port......need to rest and spend time on the balcony! I'm sure we'll avail ourselves of it a few times but I don't see it being a nightly thing for us like it was on RCCL. Probably will stop in more on sea days than port days. I don't drink much anyway..........1 or 2 a night and I'm done! LOL

The new hours are a plus for late seating ONLY.

Are there only 3 or 4 of us that think these hours are sucky for main seating???????? If this happened on RCCL this thread would be 500 pages already! Where R U early seaters? Afraid to speak up?? Come on post.

i got off hte Connie today.. I eat late. .somedays i got there as early as 530.. most days leter. i went more this cruise as i had friends on board.

Do all early dinner people really think people rush back from a port to shower and go for free drinks. .i did not!!many of us are enjoying our day in port and want to enjoy the balcony too.

many of us left the lounge to go work out or do other things not just sit and drink.

Are there only 3 or 4 of us that think these hours are sucky for main seating???????? If this happened on RCCL this thread would be 500 pages already! Where R U early seaters? Afraid to speak up?? Come on post.

Probably most think an hour of free drinks is plenty. We do late or select dining and when we've gone to the Elite party it was sometime after 5:30. Guess what, with the new hours we'll probably arrive at 6:30-6:45.

Thanks Celebrity, I guess you do listen to your passengers comments. Job well done.

I agree that this change benefits late dinner people and penalizes main seating people. Having only one hour will make many of us check our watches throughout cocktail time instead of relaxing and socializing. I am honestly surprised that X didn't anticipate that main seating guests would see it this way.

Or maybe they did and don't care.

We were just on Equinox for 10 days, had late seating, and never once went to the afternoon/early eve. event... we were always too busy doing other things!

We only went once to the morning coffee at Michaels club, and that was just to see what they had, which was not much.

So.. for two years the early diners were happy campers because the Elite event from 4-6 pm benefited them. Now the hours have been shifted and they think they're being mistreated because the new hours favor the late diners? Please...

What everyone should remember is that this is a BENEFIT. It was given... it can be taken away.

I find it really hard to believe that a majority of people choose to cruise on X simply to get free alcohol in the evenings. We don't. And if you do, I'm sorry but that says an awful lot. Many like to use the Elite event to socialize, which is really great, but I imagine if no alcohol was served it wouldn't be as popular.

Perhaps those who are disappointed in X's decision should try looking at the glass as half full and be a little more grateful. ;)

Archived