How Many Cruises Have You Been On?

will773

I was just curious as I read some of your signature and am amazed that one person could have gone on so many cruises. I'll start off.

I've been on 3 cruises! (lame, compared to some of you! :p)

I've only been on 4 but 5 & 6 are coming up. On here it feels like I have barely been on any compared to others

If we bargain cruised it would be many, many more!:D

Since we're spoiled and so are our kids that we always take with us, we have been on 10 or 11 and the next one up is Oasis in June. Booking 2 cabins every time we cruise and booking at the most expensive times of the year (spring break, summer, Holiday cruises), we cruise 1 or 2x a year.

Not bad for a young family! Im okay with it, but I sure do look forward to when DH and I cruise just the two of us. :)

Plus, this Oasis mega cruise ship thing in June is a short cruise for us! Ugh, when you get accustomed to longer cruises, the short ones seem, well, short! lol

2 on Princess

3 on Holland

3 on Royal

1 on Celebrity

1 upcoming on Celebrity in Sept

So if my adding is correct 10 will be completed this October and hoping to soon try a Riverboat cruise maybe next spring!!

But, dear Will, you are only 16.

Do you know how many cruises I had been on when I was sixteen?

NONE.

21?

NONE

35?

NONE

40?

NONE

45?

NONE

You are a very very very lucky young man!

I do realize that I am very lucky to have even been on a cruise! But hey, you got there eventually, didn't you? :p

But, dear Will, you are only 16.

Do you know how many cruises I had been on when I was sixteen?

NONE.

21?

NONE

35?

NONE

40?

NONE

45?

NONE

You are a very very very lucky young man!

I feel that way with my daughter.

We have booked #19, 20, & 21 for myself this year. My DD, who is 6, is going on #13 & #14 on those first two (the last one is just DW and I, can't have her catching that fast!)

I consider myself to be lucky that my parents choose cruising as a form of vacation instead of staying in a hotel somewhere for a week and that we have the option to choose cruising for a vacation. I've been able to go on 6 cruises at this point. We've been doing one a year at Christmas for the last few years, which is our Christmas present.

33, 30 on Royal....One of the best was the PNW cruise in May 2009....Going under the Golden gate was the thrill of a life time so far...Had a great Cruise last month on the Carnival Paridise...3 dayer..it was fun...Next up will be our first TA...THis is going to be i think the best of all...at least i hope!

Mike

IMG_6230.jpg?t=1299997079

Eight. #9 and #10 are this year. Funny, on here it seems like so few. In my real life, people are amazed.:eek:

I've only been on 6 with #7 coming up next month. And yes outside of CC, people are wowed by that number....meanwhile some people on here cruise that many in a year!

I love cruising, so glad I gave it a try 3 years ago....and looking forward to adding more to my signature in the years to come.

Happy cruising everyone!! :D

First cruise was a TA with my grandad in 1976 on the Stefan Batory...nothing like the ships of today:D They had classes ( First, Second etc) then but almost no one was first class because there was a huge recession. He used to travel on the ship to England every year to live for 1/2 the year, it was how he got back and froth because he didn't fly! I met whole families emmigrating, and a shot putter headed to the Olympics (in Montreal) He worked out everyday in a gym the size of a cabin (another big change!) There was nothing to do for a 12 yo except, shuffle board and run around the ship though on the last day they had a "fancy dress parade" for the kids and we all used crepe paper to make costumes! I had never even stayed in a hotel before this so it was fascinating! Still is, 10 cruises later- I still love seeing the absolutely fascinating "slice of life" you find on a modern cruise ship, even though the experience is completely different!

Archived