Floating mall/monster of the seas

We'e going on Oasis in June and tonight over dinner I called it a floating mall. DS pointed out that he has never seen pools or flow riders at any mall he has ever been to! lol We booked around 14 months ago and I am JUST finally getting excited to go on her! I know it will be awesome and fantabulous!!! I just prefer a smaller ship. I guess thats why there are different classes of ships!

We'e going on Oasis in June and tonight over dinner I called it a floating mall. DS pointed out that he has never seen pools or flow riders at any mall he has ever been to! lol We booked around 14 months ago and I am JUST finally getting excited to go on her! I know it will be awesome and fantabulous!!! I just prefer a smaller ship. I guess thats why there are different classes of ships!

And that might just change after you have done this cruise.;)

Nope, I'm not fed up.

Count me as one of the ones who does not want to cruise on any version of the Behemoth of the Seas.

I was appalled by the mall running down the center of the Explorer, and thus have had no desire whatsoever to try the Freedom class, and now the Oasis class.

And if I want to see characters, I'll go to a theme park like Disney. Didn't care for the parades on the Explorer either.

Nope, I'm not fed up.

Count me as one of the ones who does not want to cruise on any version of the Behemoth of the Seas.

I was appalled by the mall running down the center of the Explorer, and thus have had no desire whatsoever to try the Freedom class, and now the Oasis class.

And if I want to see characters, I'll go to a theme park like Disney. Didn't care for the parades on the Explorer either.

appalled? ok:rolleyes:

I agree! I was very concerned that Oasis would be "too big" like I had heard from others who were on the boards before me... but Im so glad I went because I didnt feel that way at all! The variety kept us very busy and we had a ball! We liked it so much that we booked Allure for September! Different strokes for different folks.... if you dont like the idea of a big ship, JUST DONT GO ON ONE!!! :D

I went to my local mall and stripped down to my swim trunks and got in the wading pool...security wasn't impressed because apparently they don't appreciate people frolicking in the fountain.

I ate at the food court and took food from every concession without paying...Me and my freshly wet swim trunks had to make a hasty retreat because apparently they expect you to pay for you food there...go figure.

I went into the nicest restaurant and the wait staff just looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for several main courses and then they actually expected me to pay...the nerve.

I got kicked out of the movie theatre multiplex because apparently shows are not included in the admission to the mall...

I finally went to bed and was rudely awoken because apparently the beds in the department store are for display purposes only...

Nope, I can't say the mall is anything at all like the pleasure of being on one of RCI's ships. Anyone who says otherwise is unfortunately misguided.

Another vote for thinking those ships are FANTASTIC! There are so many things to do or you can opt to do nothing at all. Not all monsters are bad, just look at some of the monsters on sesame street. :rolleyes:

What mall? Did I miss it? :confused: I went into all the shops on the Oasis which totaled about 6 or 7. I have seen more shops on smaller ships. I don't see the ship as a mall at all. Just alot of fun. :D

Don't knock it till you have tried it.

I went to my local mall and stripped down to my swim trunks and got in the wading pool...security wasn't impressed because apparently they don't appreciate people frolicking in the fountain.

I ate at the food court and took food from every concession without paying...Me and my freshly wet swim trunks had to make a hasty retreat because apparently they expect you to pay for you food there...go figure.

I went into the nicest restaurant and the wait staff just looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for several main courses and then they actually expected me to pay...the nerve.

I got kicked out of the movie theatre multiplex because apparently shows are not included in the admission to the mall...

I finally went to bed and was rudely awoken because apparently the beds in the department store are for display purposes only...

Nope, I can't say the mall is anything at all like the pleasure of being on one of RCI's ships. Anyone who says otherwise is unfortunately misguided.

I LOVE YOUR POST!!!

LaDawn

Luv it!!!!:)

I get the similarities between a mall and the Royal Promenade; they are large indoor spaces that have venues like shops and restaurants. But the RP isn't a mall. If I want to shop and buy a lot of clothes or electronics, I wouldn't go on a ship.

The Royal Promenade is genius to me. The deck that has no views, the life boats would block any view if there were windows. RCI could pack another 100-200 interior and obstructed view cabins there if they wanted. Their competitors surly would. Instead RCI created a open and airy venue to house shops, cafes, guest services and hold the parades. During inclement weather it is a huge venue that allows the passengers to stay out of the rain and wind. On my February cruise we had a big dance party one night.

I also do not subscribe to the idea that the RP detracts from the cruising experience or somehow makes the ship interior focused. How much time do we actually spend there? I use it mainly to transverse the length of the ship. Without the RP I would be walking down narrow, single story hallways. Unlike many real malls, I do not find the RP claustrophobic. Other ships have shops and a purser’s desk, they just cram them into smaller spaces.

Oasis class ships are so innovative and offer a cruising experience unmatched by any other ship. RCI is a master at crowd flow. I love the neighborhood concept. Until my Allure cruise I was always ready to leave by day 7. On Allure I wanted to stay on board another week. I was still discovering new things up until the morning we left. Allure felt empty compared to my cruise on Explorer, which holds nearly half as many passengers.

I laugh at all the people who criticize Oasis & Allure even though they have never sailed them, especially the ones who think they are superior because they refuse to board them. They can stay on their flat earth society barges and leave Oasis & Allure for those of us that enjoy them.

I don't have a problem with it ... any Royal Promenade I've seen has always been a very inward-focused area. Some love it, some are indifferent, and some would rather be able to see the water. No one is wrong.

I agree and while Radiance class with all its views of the water is really my preference, I believe Allure and Oasis are much different from the Freedom and Voyager class and being open to the sky don't have that closed in feel that I get on the two earlier classes of vessels. Even the Royal Promenade, perhaps because it is so much wider doesn't have the negative effect on me that the others do. As one who was prepared to find fault with the Oasis class ships, I was quickly won over and I really wish that those who are so determined that it is not for them would at least go on one of the two just to experience them. More likely than not many of their preconceptions will be erased. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there is some responsibility to base those opinions on facts or actual experiences.

The Royal Promenade is genius to me. The deck that has no views, the life boats would block any view if there were windows. RCI could pack another 100-200 interior and obstructed view cabins there if they wanted. . . . open and airy venue to house shops, cafes, guest services and hold the parades. During inclement weather it is a huge venue that allows the passengers to stay out of the rain and wind.

It also gives us PR cabins, "Insides" with a view :)

anyone else out there fed up when others describe rci ships as a floating mall? or Oasis---the monster of the seas or i don't want to cruise with shrek? so silly my 02 cents

The thought of dodging 6,000 people, signing up in advance for

shows and the monster expen$e of a 7 day cruise on either one

of the Monsters of the Seas has [i think] made many people steer away

from them.

We're now booking Liberty of the Seas (Navigators replacement in FLL)

for a BTB in early 2012...instead of Oasis/Allure because we can sail

10 days LOS for the price of 7 days OOS/AOS.

Never say, "Never", but for us Oasis/Allure is on the back burner.

:cool::cool:

anyone else out there fed up when others describe rci ships as a floating mall? or Oasis---the monster of the seas or i don't want to cruise with shrek? so silly my 02 cents

I do believe some people said the same thing about the Monarch OTS, its to big, to many people, I like smaller ships, ect...

Everything old is new again.

The Royal Promenade is genius to me. The deck that has no views, the life boats would block any view if there were windows. RCI could pack another 100-200 interior and obstructed view cabins there if they wanted. Their competitors surly would. Instead RCI created a open and airy venue to house shops, cafes, guest services and hold the parades. During inclement weather it is a huge venue that allows the passengers to stay out of the rain and wind. On my February cruise we had a big dance party one night.

Oasis class ships are so innovative and offer a cruising experience unmatched by any other ship. RCI is a master at crowd flow. I love the neighborhood concept. Until my Allure cruise I was always ready to leave by day 7. On Allure I wanted to stay on board another week. I was still discovering new things up until the morning we left. Allure felt empty compared to my cruise on Explorer, which holds nearly half as many passengers.

What an awesome week that was! I too love the promenade concept

The thought of dodging 6,000 people, signing up in advance for

shows and the monster expen$e of a 7 day cruise on either one

of the Monsters of the Seas has [i think] made many people steer away

from them.

We're now booking Liberty of the Seas (Navigators replacement in FLL)

for a BTB in early 2012...instead of Oasis/Allure because we can sail

10 days LOS for the price of 7 days OOS/AOS.

Never say, "Never", but for us Oasis/Allure is on the back burner.

:cool::cool:

Surprisingly crowd control is very good, I was amazed at how many people were on board and how uncrowded it all seemed, with so much to see and do the crowds are pretty well disbursed all over the ship.

When the Project Genesis was announced i was quite skeptical, it looked very top heavy and just did not interest me at all, but having sailed on Allure it was a great experience and glad i tried it out.

So many room options, loved having an interior balcony room with a water view and all the action on the boardwalk

I was one that when first read the size of the Oasis class decided I wouldn't want to cruise with so many other passengers.

It wasnt until both ships came out that I started reading the reviews. When they were so positive and we caught a excellent rate for the Allure we booked.

I now cannot imagine what Royal will think of next? We had a amazing time, it was the least congested cruise we have ever been on & enjoyed that when we come back next time we will still have a variety of things to do that we didnt have a chance to accomplish before.

I love love love the floating cities, floating malls or whatever else anyone wants to call them!

Archived