Room service on Celebrity

Jo and Rob

Are all items complementary on Celebrity or do some items have a fee (I read someone had lobster on the balcony on formal night!)

Do you have any recommendations for the room service?

Does anyone have a daytime menu? How late can you order from it?

What complementary drinks can you get when it is not breakfast?

Does Celebrity deliver a complementary cooked breakfast?

Many thanks :)

Are all items complementary on Celebrity or do some items have a fee (I read someone had lobster on the balcony on formal night!)

We were on the Eclipse on March 5th and I can only speak for the breakfast which was free. We ordered what ever we wanted, Continental was available longer and Hot cooked to order was from 0630 until 0830.

We ate on the balconey 5 of the 7 days! They deliver to your room and you have to set it up, unless your in a suite . This was only our first cruise so I am sure you will get many replies from people more experienced.

The breakfast menus are a bit different for CC cabins or suites. These categories offer a few more items, but a complete cooked-to-order breakfast is available in all staterooms. You can order with a hangtag or on your TV.

Dining room meals are also available during dining hours. If you would like to have dinner in your cabin, you may ask your cabin steward for the evening menu and order dinner in the cabin. If you are in a suite it will be served course by course by the butler, otherwise it will be brought all at once and you can serve yourself.

The regular room service menu also has items for all times of the day, such as pasta, sandwiches, burgers and desserts.

Edited by Ma Bell

They probably had the lobster off the MDR menu. There is no charge as others have said but you may want to give whoever delivers it a small tip.

Just returned from my Summit Cruise.

We ordered room service twice since we needed to get off the ship early for excursions.

We marked our selection on our menu card, with the time of delivery.

Next morn, we received a call stating our breakfast was arriving shortly.

They must have called at the elevator phone or from a phone on the same deck, cause right after the call we heard a knock on the door - knock knock knock Room service. :eek:

Man that was fast service. :D

Everything was exactly what we ordered.

Arrived hot.

After 12 cruises, we have never ordered RS. This trip to Bermuda, we may have to order something to eat a bit earlier than the Cafe is open for dinner. If we order about 5pm, how long is the wait till delivery? I can't imagine it will be very busy with orders at that time. But, for someone in the know, I would like an estimation. :)

Sometimes 5PM can be pretty busy w/ ppl w/ late dinner ordering something to tide them over, people coming back hungry from excursions. The wait can be anything from 10 to 45 minutes depending on what's ordered and how busy they are, and how many delivery people are on duty at any given time.

We enjoy ordering pre-dinner appetizers to have with a glass of wine in our cabin or on the balcony. Just off an 11 night Equinox Western Carib sailing and enjoyed using room service. We would order 2 shrimp cocktails and 2 orders of crostini which was just right to tide us over until dinner! Never used room service for breakfast or dinner because there were just so many food options available. Our room service orders were usually right on time, the orders were correct and the portions quite generous.

• 6 years later...
We enjoy ordering pre-dinner appetizers to have with a glass of wine in our cabin or on the balcony. Just off an 11 night Equinox Western Carib sailing and enjoyed using room service. We would order 2 shrimp cocktails and 2 orders of crostini which was just right to tide us over until dinner! Never used room service for breakfast or dinner because there were just so many food options available. Our room service orders were usually right on time, the orders were correct and the portions quite generous.

Is room service free or do you haft to pay ???

Sent from my SM-S902L using Forums mobile app

How do you order off the MDR menu? On our last cruise, we were in a lowly sky suite, when we called our useless butler, he said to call room service. We called room service and we were told the items were limited to whatever standard room service menu, which was very limited.

How do you order off the MDR menu? On our last cruise, we were in a lowly sky suite, when we called our useless butler, he said to call room service. We called room service and we were told the items were limited to whatever standard room service menu, which was very limited.

You can order items from the MDR only during the hours that the meal is being served in the MDR. So you'd or example, can't order something from the lunch menu at 3 in the afternoon. Your cabin steward usually has the menu for the day.

If you are having trouble with your butler, discuss it with the Guest Services Manager or the Hotel Director. This should not be a problem.
]

The butlers report to the Michaels Club Concierge or now the Suite Manager on ships ships that have implemented this new position. That response from any Butler is unacceptable.

You can order items from the MDR only during the hours that the meal is being served in the MDR. So you'd or example, can't order something from the lunch menu at 3 in the afternoon. Your cabin steward usually has the menu for the day.

That makes sense. If perhaps we do not want to dress up for formal night (or semi-formal night or whatever they refer to it now) we can get a full lobster tail meal, right, between the hours of 6pm and 930pm. ??/

What generally do you suggest we should tip the room service personnel? I was thinking 2 or 3 bucks.

FYI.....this thread is 6 years old

I'm glad you posted that because I've sailed with the OP a few years ago and was shocked to see she was just asking about room service how many years down the line :D :p. Note to oneself, check the dates of the OP before replying ;).

That makes sense. If perhaps we do not want to dress up for formal night (or semi-formal night or whatever they refer to it now) we can get a full lobster tail meal, right, between the hours of 6pm and 930pm. ??/

What generally do you suggest we should tip the room service personnel? I was thinking 2 or 3 bucks.

Tipping is a personal decision & the staff seems to appreciate any tip. We normally tip $2 for coffee & juice and $5 for a full breakfast. We have never done dinner in the room. Unless it's a suite with a decent size table, dinner in the room or on the small balcony table doesn't appeal to us.

]

The butlers report to the Michaels Club Concierge or now the Suite Manager on ships ships that have implemented this new position. That response from any Butler is unacceptable.

We did not find the Michaels Club Concierge to be too approachable either so we did not discuss the issue. Several of us who had the same butler encountered the similar issues. It really became awkward to unpleasant whenever we had to deal with him.