Manly pedicure

jean95404

Chortle, laugh or guffaw, but I have a question. I am trying to convince my husband to get a pedicure before we go on our Caribbean cruise. He loves to wear sandals, but his feet could look better. I was wondering how many men get pedicures, and more particularly before a warm weather cruise.:rolleyes:

Chortle, laugh or guffaw, but I have a question. I am trying to convince my husband to get a pedicure before we go on our Caribbean cruise. He loves to wear sandals, but his feet could look better. I was wondering how many men get pedicures, and more particularly before a warm weather cruise.:rolleyes:

You could offer to give him one. That's what I do

Just between you and me....don't tell anyone....but I get one from time to time....and I am always surprised how many men do get pedicures, it is at least enough that I don't feel embarrassed in the shop (I did not say salon).

Just between you and me....don't tell anyone....but I get one from time to time....and I am always surprised how many men do get pedicures, it is at least enough that I don't feel embarrassed in the shop (I did not say salon).

I think more men do it than people think, they just don't talk about it.

My DH got one on the Crown a few years back, but we also got married on that cruise. He actually picked out a whole pamper package and liked it. I think if I asked him, he'd do it again. I agree with suggestion to do it as a couple as it may make him feel more comfortable.

Don't know where you live but we have a "shop" (salon? spa?) that specifically caters to men. Big screen TVs with sports, etc. You might check into that for your husband. As others have mentioned, a pedicure is mainly just to clean up his feet and nail polish isn't a requirement.

I'm led to believe it's not as unusual as most people would think. I've only been dragged along once, but it's no big deal (not sure I'd go alone mind you, but still...)

I know of at least one place around here that specifically offers mens' pedicures, but I've only ever been there for a haircut.

Not only does my husband get a monthly pedi, but now a mani as well. He has macular degeneration and is also on Coumadin and can't see well enough to clip his nails and I'm scared to death to do it and chance cutting him. It took a while to get him to go the first time but now he loves it and doesn't feel out of place. Also, no polish!:)

Put me down for the Jerry Seinfeld no polish manicure and pedicure. I could skip the manicure but the pedicure is the best. If they preformed this service in a barber shop I think more men would have it done. My wife and I go before the cruise and she basically saves me from the up sale. I can’t understand what those Asian women are saying and I have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to the products. I usually say yes which, is the wrong answer. At that point DW jumps in and saves me. Once on the news a few years back they were reporting on a new type of pedicure where you put your feet in a fish tank and the fish eat the dead shin off your feet. I don’t know what it’s called but I was very intrigued and would be willing to try it. They probably only have this procedure at some high end spa that I could never afford. Years ago 1980’s when I worked for Merrill Lynch they had a service where you could have a manicure done at your desk. This service was probably used more by the traders who don’t even leave the trading floor to go to the bathroom but there were a few men who got manicures during lunch and we weren’t in a private office of cubical.

I wish I could get my DH to get a pedi! His feet are so rough he wore a hole in the fitted sheet with his feet! Can you san sand paper? Anyway, it's not going to happen unless I sedate him - he hates for his feet to be touched at all. He would never be able to sit through 5 minutes of one. Thankfully, he doesn't like sandals.

I wish I could get my DH to get a pedi! His feet are so rough he wore a hole in the fitted sheet with his feet! Can you san sand paper? Anyway, it's not going to happen unless I sedate him - he hates for his feet to be touched at all. He would never be able to sit through 5 minutes of one. Thankfully, he doesn't like sandals.

Come, come, now. There are ways to seduce a man into a pedicure that are quite the opposite from sedation. The only question is do you pay him off before or after the visit. :D

Almost every time I get a pedicure, there is a man in the salon getting a pedicure as well. And yes, my husband gets pedicures before vacations where he'll be wearing open shoes. No polish. But maybe a little buffing ;) My dad gets regular pedicures too.

My mother has peripheral neurapathy and having her feet touched is torture for her as well. Since I don't have neuropathy, I just don't "get it". But I don't force my mom to come get pedicures with me, either....

Put me down for the Jerry Seinfeld no polish manicure and pedicure. I could skip the manicure but the pedicure is the best. If they preformed this service in a barber shop I think more men would have it done. My wife and I go before the cruise and she basically saves me from the up sale. I can’t understand what those Asian women are saying and I have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to the products. I usually say yes which, is the wrong answer. At that point DW jumps in and saves me. Once on the news a few years back they were reporting on a new type of pedicure where you put your feet in a fish tank and the fish eat the dead shin off your feet. I don’t know what it’s called but I was very intrigued and would be willing to try it. They probably only have this procedure at some high end spa that I could never afford. Years ago 1980’s when I worked for Merrill Lynch they had a service where you could have a manicure done at your desk. This service was probably used more by the traders who don’t even leave the trading floor to go to the bathroom but there were a few men who got manicures during lunch and we weren’t in a private office of cubical.

I hope not piranha!!!!:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

My DH just had his first pedi. I made him the appointment at a local spa, and he went with trepidation. I made sure to tell them he did not want polish.

He was jelly when he came home. He said it was so relaxing, and his feet really needed the care.

My DH is voluntarily going for a pedi before our cruise this week. His feet are so bad he is embarassed to put on sandals until it is done (the work boots really ruin the feet). By the way, I told him no polish, but I think they may buff them if he asks?

• 2 months later...

DH was hesitant the first time I "signed" him up for a pedicure. He loved it! I made his appointment as he's diabetic and our salon owner checks his feet for problems and will send him to a foot dr. if needed. Now he gets a manicure also but loves the pedi and foot care best. No polish, just buffing except he has let the girls decorate his big toe for a couple holidays.

Archived