No more towel animals?

Towel animals are cute but cabin stewards are busy people. Most do an amazing job at cleaning up after us and taking careful note of our habits, likes, dislikes all in a short amount of time so they can make our room as comfortable as possible. Ours are rarely seen but the room magically gets tidied up while we are gone. Once they see we use ice, it is ALWAYS there and never seems to get left long enough to melt. They do a great job and I do not make anything of it if they do not do a towel animal every night.

We just got off of a B2B on the Celebrity Constellation and had not one towel animal in 28 days. They did have a display of them up by the pool I noticed. Don't know if they were there the entire cruise. So maybe Royal Caribbean is going that direction, too, and not doing them any more. The suits probably figured they can add two more cabins to the already overloaded stewards by eliminating them.

On the good side, we did have pillow chocolates. I'd rather have those than a towel animal (lol).

Tucker in Texas

I agree with those who really don't care if they get them. On our next cruise I am going to suggest that our cabin attendant not bother with them for our room.

By the way, we also got chocolates on our last cruise....not in a suite. It certainly isn't as difficult to put out chocolates as to make the animals.

Towel animals are fun....I think that we have seen them all!

We have a list of our wants and needs for our cabin attendant. One thing that we ask to leave off is the towel animals, as it is extra work, and we give them time to do it for someone else!:)

Rick

We just got off of a B2B on the Celebrity Constellation and had not one towel animal in 28 days. They did have a display of them up by the pool I noticed. Don't know if they were there the entire cruise. So maybe Royal Caribbean is going that direction, too, and not doing them any more. The suits probably figured they can add two more cabins to the already overloaded stewards by eliminating them.

On the good side, we did have pillow chocolates. I'd rather have those than a towel animal (lol).

Tucker in Texas

Actually if you can go by the posts on this thread, it appears that far more people report still getting them than not getting them, but apparently some would rather believe those whao didn't get them or only got them on only a few nights.:rolleyes: It is an interesting phenomenon that negatives make more of an impression than positives even when the positives greatly outnumber the negatives.

We always try to simplify things for the attendant. When RCI first switched bedding and had all of the extra pillows and things on the bed, we told our attendant to store them for the week rather than the on and off daily business. So, from now on we'll tell them to pick one night and skip the others. Thank you for that great tip.
We always tell our room steward not to make the towel animals as we don't particularly like them and it is a waste of their time. I really like your idea about the pillows, as they are a nuisance.We also ask them to bring a blanket instead of that very heavy duvet.The last cruise he told us they have a lot of complaints about the duvets.

Hi! We were on the Serenade in mid-May, and had towel animals every other night. We enjoyed them so much and took photos to show friends back home. They even held a class to demonstrate how to make them-much harder than it looks! : )

:)

I was on the Enchantment 5/19-28. I got towel animals 2 of the 9 nights. Nice but not essential. I did cause my room steward a bit of extra work. The bed (for a solo) had been made as a double which impeded my access to the window. I asked him "if it was possible" to have it reconfigured to twins with an opening in front of the window. Friday's response was a cheery "of course" and the deed was done when I returned from breakfast. The stewards have a lot to do and I'm glad the important things come before the nice extra touches.

Roy

It has been about 8 months from my last cruise and I did have towel animals almost every night. I do look forward to them and I even take their pictures and I have been cruisin for quite a few years. I know it may get old to some, but lets not take the joy away from all the new cruisers when they see their first towel animal laying on their bed at night. Good Sailing, Murf

I was on the Enchantment 5/19-28. I got towel animals 2 of the 9 nights. Nice but not essential. I did cause my room steward a bit of extra work. The bed (for a solo) had been made as a double which impeded my access to the window. I asked him "if it was possible" to have it reconfigured to twins with an opening in front of the window. Friday's response was a cheery "of course" and the deed was done when I returned from breakfast. The stewards have a lot to do and I'm glad the important things come before the nice extra touches.

Roy

Off topic, and I'm sorry. Is this Vernon Friday? We had him as our stateroom attendant and thought he was great. We're getting ready to go back n Enchantmant tomorrow and were hoping to have him again. What florr is he working on now?

We get towels animals on Majesty 3 nighters all the time. Usually not the first night, but always on the 2nd and 3rd night.

On our B2B on Serenade, I think we had animals almost every night except the first night.

Towel animals are fun....I think that we have seen them all!

We have a list of our wants and needs for our cabin attendant. One thing that we ask to leave off is the towel animals, as it is extra work, and we give them time to do it for someone else!:)

Rick

Good idea. I think I will do that from now on. They are cute, but for us, unnecessary.

Maybe those that do want them should do the same.

On a cruise last year we had 5 out of 7 nights. We lined them up on the couch and the steward left them there all week.

On the Allure recently, 2 out of 7 nights. Sometimes they use your allotment of towels, other times they were made out of extra towels.

Archived