Who plans your cruise?

JanetAlice

Couple...........we normally each pick three for a particular time period, say April of 2012........then jointly begin a process of elimination.

I research, plan and book. I give my DH info along the way. About a month before cruising, I give him a detailed itinerary listing the times in port and what we have planned that day. It works for us (anyway, so far!).

I choose the cruise and the ship, and he just asks me where and when. Sometimes he doesn't even ask where, just when. lol

Sounds familiar. I do get a credit in our annual cruises video that my DH creates. I am the executive producer.

Definitely all me! He'll listen to me talk about plans for months but still won't have any idea what we're doing or where we're doing it. He just shows up!

I prefer it that way because for me planning is part of the fun of a vacation.

We both suggest where we would like to go on vacation. We narrow it down to three places. I research each place for the best bargains, prices, etc... be it a land vacation or a cruise. I then give him the information and we choose from there.

Once the decision is made, I do all the rest. I can't even imagine what all he would forget to book. The last big trip we went on, he was amazed at all the logistics I had scheduled. I mean, you gotta get from the airport to the hotel some how. LOL

I do research the excursions and give him a list to see if he is interested in any of them or if he has other ideas.

So far, it really works out the best for us this way. Not sure I can let go of the planning and have him do it. I would be a nervous wreck. LOL

Since I'm always on cruise critic, looking for new reviews/post, I'm usually the first one to start looking. Once we have a date or timeframe set, I then start researching ships, itineraries, and cost. We have been looking at the Allure and Oasis since we got back from off the Liberty in January. Since rates are reasonable, and it's a good time to get away for us, January will probably be our preferred sailing time for now on.

My DH refers to me as the family manager and planning vacations falls entirely under my job description. I do discuss my ideas with him, but he prefers to defer to my judgement most of the time.

We're a couple in our mid-20s. and it's usually me (female) who does the planning! I say "How about the Caribbeans in August?" He says yes or no...and I plan! But throughout the planning process, I'll ask for his input...which may or may not be considered haha. But we always end up having a good time!

I do it almost all of it. I get input on which cruise and also if there are any particular sites in a port my DW or DD want to see than I go to work. I am fairly detailed in my planning, our upcoming 19 day cruise has a six page Excel spreadsheet with all the details of where, what and how.

Kirk

As the husband, it seems that all vacation planning is my responsibility. The destination or turn around point is more mutual. It initially needs to be co-ordinate with work and family functions, but after that I'm on my own. The route, sight seeing and means we take, is at my discretion. This came about because my first attempt was so successful that the family declared me as designated vacation planner. I'll spend the time finding the unique, hopefully thoughtful and balanced itinerary for the group. From a quiet retreat for my wife and I to major clan functions, I end up being the "go to guy". It's like carving the Thanksgiving turkey, even if I'm company; I don't mind it at all.

Archived