Monarch post dry dock photos!

Because of the rumors, RCCL published this on Facebook:

Royal Caribbean International

There have been inquiries, around rumors, asking if we are selling Majesty of the Seas and/or Monarch of Seas. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is not selling these nor any of its brands' ships.

May 10 at 3:59pm ·

Please note that RCCL is the parent corporation of RCL, Celebrity, Azamur and Pullmantur.

To make any other statement, infer that there was going to be a sale, or give any credence whatsoever to these types of rumors would not only be a breach of fiduciary responsibility, but as a publicly traded company, would put RCI in material violation of at least two federal statutes.

Plus I would think they would deny a sale right up until the ink is dried on paper and the check is written. .

We have a Bingo:D

It is actually brand new ugly green carpeting! Almost all the carpets have been replaced.

Thanks very much for taking the time to post the photos.

Very disappointing, and none of the things that I was told by officers was done. MM, I'm with you now, I bet she's leaving soon. I hope they give us enough notice so we can book the final cruise out of PC.

By the way, Royal never said they weren't leasing her.

Dammit. They need a Compass Deli.

Unfortunately, I fear that this lack of eatery changes and the cheapie carpeting are due to the plan to sell her sooner rather than later. :(

I think you've hit the nail right on the head. ;)

Thanks very much for taking the time to post the photos.

Very disappointing, and none of the things that I was told by officers was done. MM, I'm with you now, I bet she's leaving soon. I hope they give us enough notice so we can book the final cruise out of PC.

By the way, Royal never said they weren't leasing her.

Were you on the Sovereign's final voyage? You could be on a roll!

No, we didn't make Sovereign's final voyage, but I read about it here, and I'd like to be able to do that for Monarch if/when the time comes. We sailed on Sovereign in August of her final year. I forget if Sovereign left in October or November of that year, but the crew was already saying goodby to guests in August. I don't remember exactly, but it seems like we knew about Sovereign's last cruise long in advance.

Bob

Exactly:)...that what I meant...something changed in their plans obviously....they were supposed to get that same teak looking deck when they went to dry-dock....I remember specifically being told that and had a discussion about it.

Just goes to show, like time and time again here on CC, no matter who your source is, you can't believe anything about changes to RCI ships until you see it. ;)

Majesty has a lovely "teak" pool deck.

Yea, it looks lovely, but I think I left some skin on it from how hot it got. It was literally searing. That carpet may not be as pretty, but it's a lot easier to walk bare footed on it.

I was and what a memory that last cruise was!!(Oct 27,2008) I'll be sure to book the MN's last one too..

JMHO but the 'teak' deck is horrible:eek: I almost slipped two times on MAJ in October (and this was with no alcohol involved and watching my footing:eek:). It is not a flip flop friendly surface by any measure:(

As far as the new astro-turf I think it looks great. The Monarch does not need the same thing that Majesty has. The Astro-turf gives us a chanch to walk around without burning our feet.

As far as the rumor goes I would love to be on Monarch's Final cruise. I also thing the the Voyager Class ship wether it be the Navigator or even bringing back the Mariner would be a great replacement.

JMHO but the 'teak' deck is horrible:eek: I almost slipped two times on MAJ in October (and this was with no alcohol involved and watching my footing:eek:). It is not a flip flop friendly surface by any measure:(

SO TRUE!!!!! When wet it is slippery!!!

I don't mind the turf at all!

Thanks for the photos...we are cruising on Monarach of the Seas in August, our 1st time on RCCL. We have cruised DCL 12 times, and Carnival 1. Looking forward to cruising on RCCL! I am surprised I couldn't find any pool photos or much about this ship on RCCL website, glad I found these!

We had a great cruise this week on Monach. Sitting in the Schooner Bar waiting to disembark. At the "Ask the Captain" event yesterday, the Captain said that he was expecting Monarch to stay in Port Canaveral until the new class of ship in launched in 2014. He specifically mentioned the fact that you could book her through 2012 right now. I guess we shall see!

We had a great cruise this week on Monach. Sitting in the Schooner Bar waiting to disembark. At the "Ask the Captain" event yesterday, the Captain said that he was expecting Monarch to stay in Port Canaveral until the new class of ship in launched in 2014. He specifically mentioned the fact that you could book her through 2012 right now. I guess we shall see!

2014,huh?? Yea,somehow dont see that happening:rolleyes:......we all know they tell us anything to appease us.......glad you had a good time!

Archived