Navigator Vs Liberty (Talk some sense into me)

Okay my last question was comparing the merits of a short trip on Liberty versus Majesty....Liberty won unanimously. Now just when I think Im ready to book a 5 day western on Liberty leaving December 5th I see a 6 day on Navigator leaving a day earlier and is a little less money. Should be a 100 percent no brainer right. Well in my twisted mind I still see that huge freedom class ship and wonder should I sacrifice a day and pay a minuscule amount more to go on Liberty or am I stupid for passing up the extra day on Navigator. We have only every been on the Jewel which we loved and have Radiance booked for next year I just am having trouble picking between voyager and freedom class here.

Will you be bringing kids with you? If not, then take the Navigator. We just sailed her in April and had a wonderful time. I love Liberty and have sailed her twice, was hoping again in December. However, if I didn't have the kids with me, then there is no need for the flowrider or H2O zone so I'd be perfectly fine on Navigator.

If I had the kids, then it would be tougher. My older one is a flowrider junkie and since we'd be on his vacation too, it's hard to tell him that he's not going on a ship with one. But in reality, if I said "Navigator or stay home" he'd be packing along with the rest of us.

The Freedom class ships (Liberty) and just stretched versions of Voyager class ships (Navigator). Some of the differences between the two ships is that the Royal Promenade is a bit longer on Liberty with a couple of extra venues. One of those is Sorrento's pizza. But even though Navigator does not have Sorrento's the pizza is just relocated to the Cafe Promenade. So other than one or two shops, everything that you find on Liberty's Promenade is available on Navigator's.

On the pool deck there is the H2O Zone for the kids on Liberty which Navigator does not have. Other than that they are the same. The adult solarium is a little nicer on the Freedom class ships but not by much. The hot tubs are a little different between the two ships but hardly enough to make a choice between one ship or the other. Liberty has a flowrider which Navigator does not. Liberty's rock wall is a little higher.

The peek-a-boo bridge where you can look down into the control bridge of the Voyager class ships was eliminated on the Freedom class ships.

Those are the major differences. Unless you are in love with the flow rider, which is a lot of fun, I would go with itinerary and price in choosing between the two ships...... Navigator.

Great information...We don't have kids yet and I doubt either of us would be much into the flow rider or h20 zone so it sounds like pretty much everything we need is already on Navigator. Plus that one extra day just gets us one day closer to getting out of gold status and continue climbing the ladder.

The Liberty of the Seas just came out of a drydock earlier this year when Oasis class features were added to it.

Among these were the addition of the Cupcake Cupboard, interactive deck plans and signage located around the ship, outdoor movie screen and the addition of a new show "Saturday Night Fever" and the addition of Vintages.

Just a few more differences to point out. :):)

Plus that one extra day just gets us one day closer to getting out of gold status and continue climbing the ladder.

If this is your objective, check out the Transatlantic for either ship plus Mariner of the Seas. You can't beat those price. Sorry to be off topic. :)

If this is your objective, check out the Transatlantic for either ship plus Mariner of the Seas. You can't beat those price. Sorry to be off topic. :)

That's the ultimate objective but this quick getaway has morphed into a 6 day vacation unfortunately that is all the time we will have given the other holiday obligations to satisfy so that will be our next goal is a longer TA. Once we do Radiance in Alaska we will have 20 so then a 10 day or longer gets us a step up

Had the same issue was going to book the LOS when I found out that NOS was coming home earlier for us a no brainer 8 days in an hump balcony way less then any 7 day cruise with two ports we never been to and two ports we love on a ship we both are crazy about. Both ships are similar for the xtra day go for the NOS

I agree with everyone else. I have also been on the Navigator twice. She is a great ship, and the Liberty is only a little bit bigger. As someone else said, if you are taking the kids, they would have a better time on the Liberty, but the Navigator is GREAT also!

Here's my review (with pictures) of Navigator from April: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1403357

The Liberty of the Seas just came out of a drydock earlier this year when Oasis class features were added to it.

Among these were the addition of the Cupcake Cupboard, interactive deck plans and signage located around the ship, outdoor movie screen and the addition of a new show "Saturday Night Fever" and the addition of Vintages.

I'm pretty sure that Vintages was there before the drydock. But they've added the wine dispensing machines.

I'd vote for the extra night on Navigator - for me, the longer cruise will almost always win. DH loved the Diamond Lounge on Liberty, but since you're Gold, that won't matter to you.

Since you haven't done either ship yet, I would start w/NV and consider LB in the future. It might be a let-down if you go the opposite and lose features.

I've been on both classes and when the new NV deployment came out, I switched from 7 day FR balcony on 12/04 to 6 day NV JS for much less money.:D

Living in FL, a major consideration is often the per diem rate. In my case, the switch I made was a no-brainer!:cool:

In my opinion, that is the best reason of all to choose Navigator.;)

We have been on both and liked them both. Liberty, however, was a little spiffier and just seemed a little more exciting. This was likely due to the itinerary and crowd. We thought the food was better on Liberty though (Windjammer food).

Archived