*** The ALL NEW RCI Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Not for something called Ft Worth... Maybe the USS Houston or USS Galveston.... or Mariner....

Makes sense to me !

Wish we had Them for Mariner!

Come on with us !

And bring them with you.

Prices have dropped a lot.

Couple of days ago

From 499 TA Rome to Galveston.

Back up to from 599 today.

I certainly enjoyed seeing on Voyager.

Thanks again

assuming you do have them.

Please tell me why, the city with longhorns, should not have longhorns on the USS FORT WORTH:confused:

This is all in fun .

We are all TEXANS!

And proud of it !

We know where Cowtown is?

If y'all are not aware,

the large blow up horns were placed proudly on front bow

of the Voyager upon arrival to Galveston.

I believe Rancher Dave was in the middle

of making that happen.

And he does still have the horns,

I think I read in early on threads!

Hope this is correct,

And I'm giving proper credit due?

The more couples unaccompanied by kids the better but I'm sure we will be a very small subset of the passengers.

You might not be. Down here, the local school districts are very strict on missing school. They wouldn't even excuse the astronaut's kids to go down to Florida for their parent's launches. Some people have even had to resort to de-registering their children at a school and then re-regestering when they return.

Therefore, if you go when school is in session, there shouldn't be that many kids at least from CCISD and Friendswood school districts. Those that are home schooled, in private schools, and not old enough to go to school will be about it.

Tucker in Texas

I am very interested in what you have to say about it DeepWater....it is tempting. Just want to be able to get away from all the kiddie stuff, let us know.....

You hear complaints about kids running rampant on all the cruise lines but I have never heard of it on Disney. While I've never done Disney, they apparently must have a great way to separate the kids from adults because I've never heard any complaints about them.

Tucker in Texas

We just booked our second cruise on RC (Mariner of the Seas) for February 3, 2013. First cruise was 5/2010 from Puerto Rico - Southern Caribbean - Serenade of the Seas. Awesome cruise! I was a little leary about going out of Galveston but decided to go for it. Hope the seas are not too rough! Any ideas about things to do in Falmouth, Jamaica, Grand Cayman or Cozumel. We've never been to any of these places before.

We just booked our second cruise on RC (Mariner of the Seas) for February 3, 2013. First cruise was 5/2010 from Puerto Rico - Southern Caribbean - Serenade of the Seas. Awesome cruise! I was a little leary about going out of Galveston but decided to go for it. Hope the seas are not too rough! Any ideas about things to do in Falmouth, Jamaica, Grand Cayman or Cozumel. We've never been to any of these places before.

Why are Leary of rough seas?

You hear complaints about kids running rampant on all the cruise lines but I have never heard of it on Disney. While I've never done Disney, they apparently must have a great way to separate the kids from adults because I've never heard any complaints about them.

Tucker in Texas

I have heard that Disney does an excellent job of keeping adult venues and activities truly adult!:)

Getting really worried that the Harbor Cam won't be working by the time Disney arrives on Saturday! I tried to contact Galveston.com with the contact link on the left, but when I clicked "send", the window closed, so I'm not sure it went through.

Dylan, I read elsewhere that the Harbor Cam is turned off at the request of the Navy while the USS Fort Worth is docked in Galveston.

Getting really worried that the Harbor Cam won't be working by the time Disney arrives on Saturday! I tried to contact Galveston.com with the contact link on the left, but when I clicked "send", the window closed, so I'm not sure it went through.

The Harbor Cam has been taken down due to the USS Ft Worth being docked right below it. The new Navy ship is being Commissioned on Saturday and will leave sometime next week. While it is in port the Cam had to be turned off due to security. If you notice on the cruise cam you will see the trailer that is housing the the guards that are watching over the ship. You can watch the dedication on Saturday on the Navy website or one of the local houston news station websites.

Tucker in Texas

In article in Galveston Daily News

some info about about Kids and Family vs Adults

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/349098

Also says

The ship’s horn plays the first seven notes of

“When You Wish Upon a Star.”

In article in Galveston Daily News

some info about about Kids and Family vs Adults

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/349098

Also says

The ship’s horn plays the first seven notes of

“When You Wish Upon a Star.”

It plays a lot more than that tune....the newer Disney's play several tunes, Be Our Guest...A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes...Hi Diddle Dee Dee and It's a Small World

iF YOUR PLANNING TO COME DOWN FOR THESE EVENTS THIS WEEKEND:)

FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY

COME EARLY

FOR PLACE TO PARK

BE PREPARED TO WALK

FRIDAY THRU SUNDAY

THERE IS A SHRIMP FESTIVAL HAPPENING

IN SAME GENERAL AREA AS THESE TWO OTHER EVENTS

IN OLD TOWN GALVESTON ON STRAND AND BEYOND

HALF OF DOWNTOWN HAS BEEN BLOCKED OFF FOR LAST THE COUPLE OF DAYS

SEE WEBSITE FOR LOCATION MAP OF EVENT

http://www.yagaspresents.com/shrimpfestival/

SEE GALVESTON.COM/INTERACT FOR GALVESTON ISLAND MAP

Cozumel:

Take a tour of the Mayan Ruins

Snorkel

Fish

Shop

drink

shop

drink

shop

drink

beaches

swim

scuba

dolphins

Grand Cayman

Swim with the Sting rays

fish,

beach (7 mile beach)

browse the shops

Falmouth

Take a ship's tour....personally, do not recommend heading out on your own...the only thing wrong with Jamaica is that it is full of Jamaicans

Beach

Snorkel

Dunn's River Falls

Rose Hall

AND, the most important thing to know about sailing out of Galveston! You will never encounter a friendlier group of passengers anywhere on any cruise line!

AND don't forget, Galveston is a secret little gem of an island!!!

Archived