*** The ALL NEW RCI Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Very well said.....and I recommend Peat Taylor's Tours for Jamaica, you can Google that. We had a grand time, did not want to do Dunn's so he took us to Rick's over by Negril, so the courageous could cliff dive:eek: Had a great time there though. It was beautiful. And Peat's Grandson was our guide, great guy even stopped to buy us a typical Jamaican lunch of "Peas and Chicken" (they do not do Jerk Chicken) That's for the touristas.:rolleyes:

The Harbor Cam has been taken down due to the USS Ft Worth being docked right below it. The new Navy ship is being Commissioned on Saturday and will leave sometime next week. While it is in port the Cam had to be turned off due to security.

Now this makes no sense at all.....is she in "Cloaked" mode or something. All one has to do to see her is go to Galveston and walk down the Strand. They can't hide her from anyone...so why be afraid for the cam to show her. Think about it.....:rolleyes: We know where any number of Naval vessels are anywhere in the world, we can see those vessels on tracking sites, etc. Duh? Just don't get that a local web cam must be turned off:cool: Are all the terrorists going to rush down to Galveston to try and damage the USS Ft Worth????? And there are all kinds of images of the ship online, some very close up.

Cozumel:

Take a tour of the Mayan Ruins

Snorkel

Fish

Shop

drink

shop

drink

shop

drink

beaches

swim

scuba

dolphins

Grand Cayman

Swim with the Sting rays

fish,

beach (7 mile beach)

browse the shops

Falmouth

Take a ship's tour....personally, do not recommend heading out on your own...the only thing wrong with Jamaica is that it is full of Jamaicans

Beach

Snorkel

Dunn's River Falls

Rose Hall

AND, the most important thing to know about sailing out of Galveston! You will never encounter a friendlier group of passengers anywhere on any cruise line!

AND don't forget, Galveston is a secret little gem of an island!!!

I'll add a couple things to the list:

All Three Ports -- Golf! If you play, take advantage of the opportunity to play White Witch (the Ritz Carlton's course) in Jamaica. It is an absolutely spectacular course. We did this a few years ago, and will probably take our clubs again in April.

Cozumel -- Rent a Jeep or take the ship's Jeep tour. The part of Cozumel most cruise tourists never see is beautiful and completely different than the developed, sheltered west side of the island.

Try the America's Cup Regatta (ships tour). It's a blast!

A few more......

Cozumel.....time on the Gulf side of the island, rustic, very quiet, great seafood.

Cozumel......if you like tequila, try the tequila tasting tour...or head down down to the tequila bar.

Drift snorkel...Eagle Ray Divers....takes you to the edge of the reef...straight drop of 3,000 feet...spectacular

Cozumel:

AND, the most important thing to know about sailing out of Galveston! You will never encounter a friendlier group of passengers anywhere on any cruise line!

AND don't forget, Galveston is a secret little gem of an island!!!

You're right and even the ship crews say the same thing about the passengers from Galveston!

I am pissed right row! The Harbor Cam is down because the USS Fort Worth is in port?! So we're supposed to miss Disney's first AND ONLY FIRST ever arrival because of security concernes?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I know...I was planning on watching it also. :(:(:(

I have tried to send emails/messages through two different areas on Galveston.com's website to see if they could reposition the cam, and neither contact thing is working. I keep getting an error message on one, and when I click "submit" on the other, the window just closes. :mad:

Guess my last resort is to email ABC 13 and hope that they will read it and show Disney Magic's arrival tomorrow morning on their Galveston cam. I'm not holding much hope, though. When I emailed them and asked if they could show Voyager's last departure last year, my email went unanswered and they never showed it.

Guess we'll have to be content with the Pier 23 and Strand cams and the Cruise Cam. That's enough right?!

She'll be higher than the old bank bldg so we'll see her above it....dont' worry!

But we won't be able to see her pull into the harbor after passing the Cavalla cams, or see her 180* turn. The Cruise, Strand, and Pier 23 cams won't be good until she pulls into view of them. But I wrote down ABC 13's number, so I'll try to call them in the morning.

On a side note to everyone, I'm still planning to make a timelapse, even though the ABC 13 cam isn't in a fixed position. We'll see how it turns out. For those who want to watch her arrival in the morning, get up before 5am, as she could arrive as early as then.

The link to the ABC 13 webcam is here: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/livenow?id=7292434

Couldn't sleep last night so I got up about 30 minutes ago. Have everything set up and ready. The Cavalla Cam, Galveston.com Cams (that are working), ABC 13 cam, all of the above on a seperate computer (for a timelapse), marine traffic, and, of course, Cruise Critic. As soon as I can see the Magic in the distance of the Cavalla cam, I'll call ABC 13 about their webcam.

Good morning Dylan:

Up early also, but eating breakfast early then going downtown to grab some coffee at Star Cafe or MOD Coffee House after parking before heading over to Pier 21 for the commissioning.

Wish it were cooler like a few days ago, but that's Texas:rolleyes:

Going to be a long day with the commissioning, reception, Shrimpfest and sailaway:D

Mary

Good morning Dylan:

Up early also, but eating breakfast early then going downtown to grab some coffee at Star Cafe or MOD Coffee House after parking before heading over to Pier 21 for the commissioning.

Wish it were cooler like a few days ago, but that's Texas:rolleyes:

Going to be a long day with the commissioning, reception, Shrimpfest and sailaway:D

Mary

Have fun!

I woke up earlier than planned so decided to check out the arrival.

Also working this morning, in the next few hours to get booked on 20 Oct 2013 sailing of Disney Magic.

Watching a couple of the cams. I guess the 7am arrival was accurate.

Archived