Oasis-D1 balcony or suite guarantee?

My Husband and I are currently booked in a D1 cabin on Oasis. I noticed today that the price difference between our cabin and a suite guarantee is pretty small. If you had to choose between a suite guarantee and a D1, which would you choose? Our current cabin is in a decent location mid-ship, near the elevators but not right outside them, really close to central park. I know with a guarantee you have to be prepared to get the worst cabin in the category. Any advice?

My Husband and I are currently booked in a D1 cabin on Oasis. I noticed today that the price difference between our cabin and a suite guarantee is pretty small. If you had to choose between a suite guarantee and a D1, which would you choose? Our current cabin is in a decent location mid-ship, near the elevators but not right outside them, really close to central park. I know with a guarantee you have to be prepared to get the worst cabin in the category. Any advice?

Look at the worst suite location you could possibly get and decide if you can live with that. If the price difference isn't very much then go for the suite guarantee.

2 credits would make me diamond .. Id do the suite, but thats what I would do.

How much is a small amount of $$?? Im in a D, but its about $700 pp extra last time I looked :(

Is there such a thing as a bad suite???

I agree with firefly and lmalstrom.

How small is the difference? It wouldn't take much to nudge me from D1 to suite guarantee on the Oasis, that's for sure.

I need to read better. I said earlier to stay but did not notice the word SUITE before guarantee. Heck yes, go for it!!! You cant go wrong in my eyes, this time. ;)

Sorry for the misread.

Tim

2 credits would make me diamond .. Id do the suite, but thats what I would do.

How much is a small amount of $$?? Im in a D, but its about $700 pp extra last time I looked :(

The difference was $140 per person. When we booked initially the difference was a lot more than that. I went ahead and called to change our reservation to suite guarantee! I don't care if I end up a floor above a cigar smoker and a deck underneath the pool as long as I can see the ocean. :)

The difference was $140 per person. When we booked initially the difference was a lot more than that. I went ahead and called to change our reservation to suite guarantee! I don't care if I end up a floor above a cigar smoker and a deck underneath the pool as long as I can see the ocean. :)

$140 pp? I'm all over that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(what date?)

:)

$140 pp? I'm all over that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(what date?)

:)

Oasis 11/26 Category W.......$1299 per person

Cruises right after Thanskgiving are always a good buy. It's usually always one of the lowest priced weeks to go on a cruise.

Jimbo:)

Cruises right after Thanskgiving are always a good buy. It's usually always one of the lowest priced weeks to go on a cruise.

Gee good deal! We go the day you disembark, have a d1 now and I would gladly pay 280 for a suite! Especially since the worst you can do is a jr suite, which is the same size balcony and a larger cabin. But those are pretty popular, and likely to get sold so it seems those Crown Loft Suites ate going in gtys and upgrades... Maybe a good chance to score one of those?

Sadly, our Eastern Cruise the next week seems to be selling well, no chance for us:(

Enjoy your suite!!

Of course they are. I am busy keeping the rugrats in the classroom, so that the rest of you can score cheap cruises.

:rolleyes: :( ;) :p :D

Of course they are. I am busy keeping the rugrats in the classroom, so that the rest of you can score cheap cruises.

:rolleyes: :( ;) :p :D

We have cashed in quite a few times during that time, airfare is reasonable too then.

I'm usually all for paying the lowest price (ie: staying in the D1), but in this instance, I think the suite guarantee is too good a deal to pass up and even I would have grabbed it. My guess is that you have a great chance at an upgrade.

I'm weird... this is my first RCI cruise and I picked out what I consider to be the optimal room. I want to be on deck 8 (with the central park) and right in the center of the hump. I wouldn't want to risk the suite gty. :)

I'm weird... this is my first RCI cruise and I picked out what I consider to be the optimal room. I want to be on deck 8 (with the central park) and right in the center of the hump. I wouldn't want to risk the suite gty. :)

Do you have a central park balcony or an ocean view balcony?

Do you have a central park balcony or an ocean view balcony?

Sorry, it's a d1, forgot to say that but I figured that was a given since I said it was in the hump. :) It's an oceanview balcony right smack in the middle of the hump for optimal views.

Sorry, it's a d1, forgot to say that but I figured that was a given since I said it was in the hump. :) It's an oceanview balcony right smack in the middle of the hump for optimal views.

No problem. My memory was wrong. I thought in another post you had said you had a CP balcony in that case being in the center of the hump wouldn't matter. Thanks.

I paid more difference than that to move to a JS on a 3 day Liberty, more like $200 pp .. and it was just for 3 days.

For a 7 day cruise .. Id do it too.. I just checked and the suite price has come down .. more like $300ish pp .. but on my group rate the upgrade price has been fixed .. wonder if when I get down closer I can call RCL and they would do it for less than the group fixed amount.

$140 I would so do it. So I would be diamond before my 2nd booked Oasis cruise later on. My first one is Sept 3rd, then Nov 26th.

Sept 3, 2011 is down now to $1449, which is the cheapest Iv seen it on my date too ...but not as good as $1299!!!

Yep! Switched last night. I was worried it wouldn't last long at that price so I called about an hour after my post. :)

Congrats!!! I remember once looking at a price drop while at work and by the time I got home for lunch (only about an hour later) the price was gone!!!!

Archived