Throwing Things Overboard

I watched the video with my 10 yo DD. I asked her what she would do if she were with a group of kids who were planning on doing something like this. She said, "Walk away and tell someone". Had to high 5 her for that answer.

Good for her - you're obviously doing something right. I have a feeling those kids probably have parents who would deny that their children ever did anything wrong.

I say send it to a national news channel in the hopes their parents see it. If they were so insistent on filming it, they should be thrilled to be on national news. Dumb kids!:mad:

…and once they are identified they need to be charged with littering and vandalism.

the girl filming was quite insistent on having that thing thrown overboard. :mad:

Unbelievable stupidity and recklessness! Can you imagine if it had bounced off something on the way down and killed someone?? :( I agree with the above, you can hear her say things like 'can we just do this?'...and when she asks 'is there something smaller we can throw overboard?' I want to say "yeah, how about you!". :rolleyes: I know it's a big ship, but I am surprised that the deck doesn't have surveillance and that they weren't spotted. :confused: This is outrageous misbehavior.

I have to ask, because there seems to be alot of parent bashing.. How on earth are they to know where their kids are 24h a day? Mybfirst cruise was when I was 15, I was asked where I was going, I told my parents and I went. My parents trusted me. Lord knows what Incould have done.. :rolleyes: These kidsparents might have been told that the kids were in the kids club, theynthen signed them selves in or out.. Parents might be at a show, or a late dinner.. Who knows?

Now that said what those kids did was totally wrong, and to post it on YouTube just shows how dumb theynare.

:rolleyes:

Hey Tyron. From looking at your countdown clocks, it looks like you're as addicted to the Oasis class as I am. :)

As much as we've both on these vessels, I'm shocked our paths haven't crossed. One day soon I hope. :D

Unbelievable stupidity and recklessness! Can you imagine if it had bounced off something on the way down and killed someone?? :( I agree with the above, you can hear her say things like 'can we just do this?'...and when she asks 'is there something smaller we can throw overboard?' I want to say "yeah, how about you!". :rolleyes: I know it's a big ship, but I am surprised that the deck doesn't have surveillance and that they weren't spotted. :confused: This is outrageous misbehavior.

That girl is a piece of work...she hid one guy's face but completely exposed the two that threw that thing overboard. :mad:

I too am surprised that security (cameras, etc.) didn't observe this especially considering the number of passengers/crew that have gone overboard lately.

I have to ask, because there seems to be alot of parent bashing.. How on earth are they to know where their kids are 24h a day? Mybfirst cruise was when I was 15, I was asked where I was going, I told my parents and I went. My parents trusted me. Lord knows what Incould have done.. :rolleyes: These kidsparents might have been told that the kids were in the kids club, theynthen signed them selves in or out.. Parents might be at a show, or a late dinner.. Who knows?

Now that said what those kids did was totally wrong, and to post it on YouTube just shows how dumb theynare.

I can dig what you're saying. I think it's somewhat fair to suppose that the children could possibly have been brought up in a better manner overall, but it's a bit silly to be shocked that two teens can manage to find 10 minutes to be idiots without supervision. I mean, what would every parent on here do if their teenager asked to go back to the room because they, say, forgot their sunglasses? Would that be a family trip even if all the adults were comfortably laying out by the pool?

If the parents sent them to organised activities they would know where they are and when it was know that the kids had "ditched" the activities the ships crew should have notified the parents. Your parents trusted you because it seems you were honest about your activities and gave them no reason not to trust you. It would appear that the parents of these kids have not instilled any discipline or respect to these kids and are probably ignorant of what their kids are doing when unsupervised. Children that act as these did usually find out later in life that they can and will be held accountable for their actions and if they continue performing acts of stupidity they will have to pay the piper.

Anyone else notice the face picture at the bottom? The person who taped it is probably the same person. Maybe it should be forwarded to RCI and they can do something about it. :rolleyes:

When you click on the subscriber's name, a Profile comes up. She's age 18 and lists this under 'About Me':

we're sisters;

older= brunette = Shy!

little= blonde= Nik :)

Perhaps this could assist in narrowing down the perpetrators...

If the parents sent them to organised activities they would know where they are and when it was know that the kids had "ditched" the activities the ships crew should have notified the parents. Your parents trusted you because it seems you were honest about your activities and gave them no reason not to trust you. It would appear that the parents of these kids have not instilled any discipline or respect to these kids and are probably ignorant of what their kids are doing when unsupervised. Children that act as these did usually find out later in life that they can and will be held accountable for their actions and if they continue performing acts of stupidity they will have to pay the piper.

The crew is not responsible to notify parents if kids "ditch" activities. Teens are not required to check in and out of the teen areas, they can come and go as they please.

My son participated in the teen clubs on two cruises. He would attend some activities but other times he would be on the basketball court. It is up to us as parents to keep track of our kids. We left notes for him and he left notes for us. We also checked up on him to see if he was where he said he was going to be because if he wasn't, he would have been with us from then on. The one time he wasn't where he said he would be, he had taken a friend for stitches. He came and found us immediately after but felt a bleeding friend took priority.

These kids should be held responsible for what they did but so should the parents.

Unfortunately, if they are 18 there is no kids club.

The video says it was taken on the last night of the cruise, so they couldn't have been put off the ship.

Personally, I think they (and their parents) should've been fined and banned from the cruise line for life. This is a seriously dangerous thing they did.

I can't figure out WHY they'd put it on U-tube. Even if you were stupid enough to think throwing things overboard is cool, they took a full five minutes to do it and they spent so much time walking up and down checking for people. Even if you thought this kind of thing is cool, they look like a bunch of weenies, and the girl taping is the worst.

This type of thing infuriates me. We always try to leave a place at least as good as we found it, then we see these punk kids show zero respect for other's property. I can't even tell you how I wish I could be their mama for a few hours.

Ive done dumber things as a teenager, just never on a cruise ship. I hope when the guys who threw it watch this video they realize that they let a girl con them into doing this, and it stays with them as an embarassing memory to live up from in the future...

My family uses walkie talkies and they work fine. Since im the techno guru i got /upgraded ones so that they can even work from the island port to the ship

hehe stupid teens... and im 15 :P (i arranged my whole family vacation)

I have only had teens on Carnival. On that line, the teens are free to leave the teen clubs as they wish, so even if they did check in to the activities and ditched, there is no way the parents would know.

So many parents now have such denial regarding what their kids are up to. In my position a few years ago I had to hear "Oh my kids would NEVER do something like that" too many times.

I am the parent of 2 teens and step-parent to 2 more. If any of them did this crap I would have (1) made them go to security and confess, (2) punished them myself, and (3) no way in #### would I take them on another cruise ship for a verrrrrrrrrrry long time.

Again as parent/step-parent of 4 teen, I can attest to the fact that with them the mob mentality is capable of rendering them as smart as lint. Idiots. There is another post I saw months ago of a teen on an NCL ship jumping into a pool from the deck above.

They are lucky they didn't damage something or kill somebody throwing that overboard. Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: And I do endorse sending the video to the media, the cruiseline, and other boards like cruise critic so maybe the parents of these angels will see what their kids are up to.

I forwarded this onto Royal Caribbean. Being as the ships use facial recognition for all photos, these kids should be able to be tracked down. Their faces were clear in several shots of the video. I'm sure their IT department could track them down with a little work. One of the possibilities would be getting get banned from cruising on RC and there are huge fines for littering at sea as well.

You best think twice before posting STUPID videos.

I also forwarded the video to Adam Goldstein,last night.......got a reply within an hour,thanking me..........Now,not sure what they will do with this info,but I hope there is some way ,they can track the kids down and at least ban them from RCCL!

Someone has also posted this on RCI's Facebook wall. I know RCI monitors their FB page. Hopefully something is done and would be nice to know what. I'm with a previous poster that said they should be banned from cruising with RCI.
That was me! I am really hoping these kids get caught.It really angers me how stupid they were and how someone could had gotten hurt really bad!

Archived