Throwing Things Overboard

That was me! I am really hoping these kids get caught.It really angers me how stupid they were and how someone could had gotten hurt really bad!

I completely agree! Watching the video I kept trying to figure our why they thought that was fun. When they do I expected to hear cheers but they didn't. Maybe i'm too old (and I know at that age i would have never done something like that) I just can not see how that was fun!!???

I recall on my early RCI cruises you could get a tray in the buffet area to carry your plates - that was stopped because people were tossing them overboard as if they were frisbees.

I often wondered why they stopped providing trays....I guess I should have known it was due to something like that.

I also forwarded the video to Adam Goldstein,last night.......got a reply within an hour,thanking me..........Now,not sure what they will do with this info,but I hope there is some way ,they can track the kids down and at least ban them from RCCL!

That was me! I am really hoping these kids get caught.It really angers me how stupid they were and how someone could had gotten hurt really bad!

Excellent. I'm glad that RCI responded to you.

We can't understand why this is "fun" because we aren't stupid kids and as far back as I can remember, I don't think I was ever this stupid. As far as the parents, they shouldn't be criticized too much, you can't watch kids this old every minute. But this video boils down to some boys trying to get some girls doesn't it? Really dumb.

The one time he wasn't where he said he would be, he had taken a friend for stitches. He came and found us immediately after but felt a bleeding friend took priority.

I would agree with your son. He sounds like a very responsible young man.

Too bad the same can't be said for those jerks in the video. I really hope that Royal Caribbean identifies the idiots responsible, and (1) fines them for the destroyed property, (2) fines them for littering at sea and possibly endangering others, (3) bans them from ever sailing any RCI ship ever again, for life, and (4) reports this to other cruise lines, so they can ban them too.

I was on a Princess Ultimate Ship Tour. Someone asked about things being thrown overboard. They replied, some kid had thrown a basketball overboard and the parents were charged $5,000. They said they take this very seriously as the cruiselines can be fined heavily.

You can hear them talking about where the ship's camera are, they know it is wrong.

It is EXACTLY this type of tacky behavior (and wanting to avoid it!) that has made me choose Cunard over other cruise lines over the years. And I can say that in several years of sailing Cunard I've never seen tacky teenagers like this, nor have I seen hardly any of what I call the "testosterone alcohol fueled tacky male bravado" garbage that so often happen when straight men with no breeding decide to drink too much and show off for the women, or square off between themselves like apes in the wild.

But I had wanted to experience the largest cruise ship in the world, so I just booked Allure for October... And seeing this video makes me SERIOUSLY question whether I'm going to regret being on a ship that appeals to these kinds of people.

Please reassure me and tell me that there are pax with class on these ships as well!!

It is EXACTLY this type of tacky behavior (and wanting to avoid it!) that has made me choose Cunard over other cruise lines over the years. And I can say that in several years of sailing Cunard I've never seen tacky teenagers like this, nor have I seen hardly any of what I call the "testosterone alcohol fueled tacky male bravado" garbage that so often happen when straight men with no breeding decide to drink too much and show off for the women, or square off between themselves like apes in the wild.

But I had wanted to experience the largest cruise ship in the world, so I just booked Allure for October... And seeing this video makes me SERIOUSLY question whether I'm going to regret being on a ship that appeals to these kinds of people.

Please reassure me and tell me that there are pax with class on these ships as well!!

We have met many, many wonderful people on RCI ships. I after 24 RCI cruises I have never witnessed that type of behavior before. We don't approve of that type of behavior. Please enjoy your cruise.

Jan

And I can say that in several years of sailing Cunard I've never seen tacky teenagers like this

Well I've never sailed Cunard by I can tell you that my sister had to move cabins on a Cunard sailing from New York because of the bad behaviour of 2 teens who were sharing a cabin next to her :(

As for this video, I doubt very much whether they'll be able to track them down - more's the pity. I don't know who I want to slap more the empty-headed bimbo or the gullible spineless guys who are trying to impress her.

As the mother of 2 teen boys I can say that they would never sail with us again if I ever discovered they'd done something like this - although hopefully I've brought them up to have more sense (particularly when it comes to choosing the girls they hang around with :rolleyes:)

I also forwarded the video to Adam Goldstein,last night.......got a reply within an hour,thanking me..........Now,not sure what they will do with this info,but I hope there is some way ,they can track the kids down and at least ban them from RCCL!

Good job Kathy! I'm also going to see what I can do about it.

So sad that a bunch of teenagers have nothing better to do than this. Dumb and dumber.

1. The guy let a girl talk him into it.

2. They video taped it all so they would be easy to catch if RCI even wanted to which I doubt they do.

3. Just how much of this goes on every cruise? I bet the numbers are higher than any of us could even imagine. Think what this must look like at the end of the year.

:mad:

Great to see that this video is making the rounds other than on youtube, thanks! I previously mentioned the Profile on the filmer's account (she's age 18, sisters with one named 'Nic', Nicole?), but in viewing the video again, I noticed (at around the 4:45 mark) a girl saying what sounds like "let's go David, we're waiting."

Good luck to Paul and others in your sleuthing! :cool:

Absolutely unbelieveable!!!! What is wrong with the youth of today! I'm hoping that the ships cameras were focused on those horrible kids! I hope that someone can identify them.

The better question might be "what is wrong with the parenting of today".

before you start formulating opinions about other cruise lines, groups, etc. perhaps you should read the following articles. :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8040538/British-couple-thrown-off-Queen-Mary-2-after-anti-semitic-row.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2008021/Filthy-Queen-Mary-2-cruise-liner-fails-sanitation-inspection.html

what gets me is they have no remorse for what they did and apparently thought it was worthy of posting their deed on you tube. :rolleyes:

I can't see the video till i get home, but is it clear the person posting is also part of the adventure? I use to work for CompuServe before most people heard of the internet so I was involved in the early days of companies/law enforcement inquires into posted materials online. Early on companies like CompuServe and AOL resisted providing that kind of info, but the rise of electronic pedophilia changed that a little. I have no idea of what youtube's policies are. I'm glad the only kid problem I had on Allure was one group talking too loud at dinner. ;)

I would cancel if I were you and return to Cunard. We all know that there are no tacky testosterone filled "STRAIGHT" men that cruise Cunard.

Really?

I guess they think since it is dark that you can't see their faces. Guess what .. without any high tech video software .. all you have to do is turn up the brightness in Windows Media Player and you can see all their faces quite clearly :rolleyes:

I can't see the video till i get home, but is it clear the person posting is also part of the adventure? I use to work for CompuServe before most people heard of the internet so I was involved in the early days of companies/law enforcement inquires into posted materials online. Early on companies like CompuServe and AOL resisted providing that kind of info, but the rise of electronic pedophilia changed that a little. I have no idea of what youtube's policies are. I'm glad the only kid problem I had on Allure was one group talking too loud at dinner. ;)

Fortunately, I've never encountered any unruly teens on any of my cruises. :)

I think that everyone else has covered the obvious safety hazards that these numnutz could have caused. Out of curiosity's sake I looked up the pole online and they run over $100 bucks a piece on the cheap end. The one that they threw looked nicer than the ones I priced. Parents should be charged the sea littering fee, replacement fee and any other fees that they can come up with.

I have never sailed Cunard, nor have I sailed the Allure. But in my four cruises (two of which were in October, the same month you'll be cruising), I have never witnessed or even heard about anything like this. The passengers I've sailed with have been an enjoyable bunch, and I would have been pleased to share a meal with any of them.

Good luck to Paul and others in your sleuthing! :cool:

If a camera delivered by a turtle can be returned to its original owner my guess is the right guy is on the job:)

I was on Grandeur (I think Grandeur... but on a cruise:o) I saw the crew stacking up deck loungers and running a rope through them and tying them off. I asked if they were expecting a lot of wind and they said that No, it's gust kids like to throw things overboard, this makes these a little more difficult.

I found it amazing that these kids had over 5 minutes (that we saw) and there was nothing around to catch them. Girl with the camera is a nimrod. Guess the rest were too....

Archived