Restaurants on Majesty of the Seas

I will be on Majesty in 2 weeks and have been trying to find out exactly what my dining options are. A google search gave me some mixed information. Some people talking about Jade and dinning rooms, others no mention of Jade and different named dining rooms, here on the boards I see a lot of Chops and Portofino.

The RC site of course focuses on the big ships and their options, and I'm sure little Majesty doesn't have it all. So, what is on the Majesty and what is free/has "cover" charge/gotta pay for it all?

I also plan on switching from Traditional to My Time Dining once on the ship (wasn't able to do it through my online travel agent for some reason). Is that possible or am I stuck with Traditional?

Thanks!

I will be on Majesty in 2 weeks and have been trying to find out exactly what my dining options are. A google search gave me some mixed information. Some people talking about Jade and dinning rooms, others no mention of Jade and different named dining rooms, here on the boards I see a lot of Chops and Portofino.

The RC site of course focuses on the big ships and their options, and I'm sure little Majesty doesn't have it all. So, what is on the Majesty and what is free/has "cover" charge/gotta pay for it all?

I also plan on switching from Traditional to My Time Dining once on the ship (wasn't able to do it through my online travel agent for some reason). Is that possible or am I stuck with Traditional?

Thanks!

Majesty has 2 specialty restaurants, Johnny Rockets and Compass Deli. Compass Deli is included, and Johnny Rockets has a fee of $4.95 for food, drinks and shakes are priced per item.

The following dining venues are available on the Majesty of the Seas at no extra charge:

Main Dining Room, Windjammer Cafe, Sorrentos Pizza, Compass Delhi.

The only extra charge option on the Majesty is Johnny Rockets.

I hope this helps with your planning. Have a great cruise!

You "should" be able to switch to MTD once you are onboard...just check the compass for the location of the MTD area..there should be someone at the desk...your tips will be charged to your Seapass at that time...

Definitely find the Compass Deli, the sandwiches are really good and the Crepes are "Outstanding".

Hi. I've sailed on all the other classes of RCI ships but my upcoming cruise on Majesty will be a first. What does Compass Deli compare to? Is it like the sandwich section of other Windjammers? Like the Park View Cafe on Oasis? Are the sandwiches made to order? Carved roast beef sandwiches? Any kind of desserts? Any info would be great! Thank you!

Hi. I've sailed on all the other classes of RCI ships but my upcoming cruise on Majesty will be a first. What does Compass Deli compare to? Is it like the sandwich section of other Windjammers? Like the Park View Cafe on Oasis? Are the sandwiches made to order? Carved roast beef sandwiches? Any kind of desserts? Any info would be great! Thank you!

Compass Deli is unique to Majesty. Here's Royal's description:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=542&shipCode=MJ

Nothing fancy like carved roast beef. The hot and cold sandwiches are pre-made (a pretty good variety) but the hot panini sandwiches are grilled to order. There is also a nice small salad bar, cold and hot soup, cookies, fresh fruit and a basic dessert. The nicest thing about it is that it gives you a quiet out of the way place to eat a decent light meal or snack away from the gluttony and noise of the Windjammer.

Les

The following dining venues are available on the Majesty of the Seas at no extra charge:

Main Dining Room, Windjammer Cafe, Sorrentos Pizza, Compass Delhi.

The only extra charge option on the Majesty is Johnny Rockets.

I hope this helps with your planning. Have a great cruise!

But it does not serve Indian cuisine. ;) :D

Nothing fancy like carved roast beef. The hot and cold sandwiches are pre-made (a pretty good variety) but the hot panini sandwiches are grilled to order. There is also a nice small salad bar, cold and hot soup, cookies, fresh fruit and a basic dessert. The nicest thing about it is that it gives you a quiet out of the way place to eat a decent light meal or snack away from the gluttony and noise of the Windjammer.

Les

Les, you forgot to mention the CREPES!!!!!!

2522290380042692775S600x600Q85.jpg

Everyone kept saying 'try the crepes' but I never got around to it. High on the list for Sept.

Actually, I like the savory ones much more than the sweet ones. MMMMMM............spinach and cheese.............

The banana crepe is one of the most delicious desserts I have ever eaten!

The Compass Deli operates different hours than other venues and is "behind" Sorrentos, so a lot of people miss it. It does get busier through the cruise, though. The crepes takes about 5 minutes, so be prepared for a small wait (or order one while you are noshing on your sandwich). :)

Thanks for all the helpful info related to the Compass Deli!

Compass Deli:

2928306050080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

If you walk all the way through, there is a rartely used seating area that overlooks the busy Windjammer. It is also a back entrance to Johnnie Rockets:

2703072840080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2627867320080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Compass Deli:

2928306050080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

If you walk all the way through, there is a rartely used seating area that overlooks the busy Windjammer. It is also a back entrance to Johnnie Rockets:

2703072840080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2627867320080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Every time we went back there last week it was full of crewmwmbers.

Archived