Did you ever use the Elemis Products you were sold at the Spa?

Crazy Cruzer

Did you ever use the Elemis Products you were sold at the Spa?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Did you ever use the Elemis Products you were sold at the Spa?

• Yes I bought and used all or most of the products
    • No, I bought the products but never used any (or much of it)
    • I didn't get sold and didn't buy anything but want to vote anyways
    • I have no idea what you're talking about but wanted to click a box too.

My husband and I just came back from an RCL cruise and we both bought the Elemis Detox for 9 months. I was sceptical about spending so much money on these products, but want to be healthy so bought the products/supplements. Well, we plan to try them and hope they work. Of course, changing our diet and exercising will probably be the factor in our weight loss. Will post results periodically.

Elemis is one of the few "premium" brands we don't bother taking from the hotel when they put it in the bathroom. Stuff stinks of toothpaste.

We were spoilt recently we were given Acqua Di Parma products that were fully replenished twice Daily.

I really like the Elemis and related products.Stopped buying them on board ship yrs ago because they are available on line or from the catalogs they mail out,.,,good discounts with free samples, free shipping. No need to pack and carry them off the ship.

Now it's Canyon Ranch on board. While I prefer their services, I prefer the Elemis product and never buy the CR stuff..Lately CR staff seems more like Steiner...not a plus for me..but I still book 2 or 3 treatments per cruise,.

Looking forward to the spa on EDGE!

Ok it wasn't elemis buy my husband was sold a product following his pedicure to remove the discolouration of his toenail. The dr had failed to find anything to work as had our pharmacy. She sold it for $27 amid it worked fantastically. He buys it from Amazon for $7.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok it wasn't elemis buy my husband was sold a product following his pedicure to remove the discolouration of his toenail. The dr had failed to find anything to work as had our pharmacy. She sold it for $27 amid it worked fantastically. He buys it from Amazon for $7.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If that's a medicinal product you might want to check that with your GP. Some of these products such as Lamisil (and the active ingredient in it) aren't recommended for some people . They can take up to 18 months to work.

Because it is our understanding that they make a commission on the products they sell. Therefore it is uncomfortable for some of us to say no because we feel that we are disappointing them.

If someone in the dining room asks if I want hot sauce, he does not receive any additional money if I say yes so it does not make a difference to him one way or another.

I have also been told by a spa staff member that product sales count toward their ability to get a full day off in port. Usually they have only half days. To get a full day they have to meet sales targets for products and services. Not surprisingly they work hard to be able to have this treat when so many are young ones who have joined to see the world.

I have also been told by a spa staff member that product sales count toward their ability to get a full day off in port. Usually they have only half days. To get a full day they have to meet sales targets for products and services. Not surprisingly they work hard to be able to have this treat when so many are young ones who have joined to see the world.

WOW - if true, that is shocking

• Thanks 1

• 6 years later...

The push to buy products was significantly more in 2024 than my prior cruise experiences.  I purchased the detox vitamins and when I got home I looked at the bottles and realized the energy formula contains caffeine (which I have been working at reducing for over a year -- going slow to avoid withdrawal).  The difference between this and the wine steward is that the wine steward doesn't have you alone, in a room for an hour, where they have been telling you about how they are supporting their entire family (elderly mother), how you need to take better care of yourself, etc. etc.   Oh and both you and the wine steward are fully dressed.  I was still in the bathrobe and spa coverup.  

My 93 year old mother also got the high pressure sales treatement and bought 2 lotions that were $70 each.  She didn't understand how much they cost and since we were paying for the cruise that was another $140 on our tab.

I like spa treatments but given my most recent experience, I resolved to never go to any spas on a cruise ship again.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2011 at 2:46 PM, vickila said:

While getting a Fire & Ice Manicure ($45) for what on LI is $7, the manicurist recommended Musclease - due to arthritic fingers. I've been using it ever since. You never know. $61/bottle but since it's an oil -- goes a long way. Thankful for the suggestion as it really does work.http://dgh6wm6scdlka.cloudfront.net/prod_images/00877_med.jpg

Elemis Musclease Active Body Concentrate

Use as part of a fitness program, this nourishing concentrate eases muscle spasm and stressed joints.

http://d24dd7ms791idc.cloudfront.net/images/new/spacer.gif

a great product!

I use  lots of Elemis and the  Kerastase Salon products...

BUT I buy them online..I get  good discounts  and nice samples and often . I let the person know up front.

If you buy products on the ship, it adds to your luggage,  AND  they tack on the service fee.. that's a scam!

• Like 2

I tell them to write down any recommendations and I’ll consider them. I did end up buying a couple of products AFTER I RETURNED HOME.  I’ve been pretty impressed with the quality, and the price is in line with Estée Lauder, Lancome, etc.  They were facial products.  I’d buy them again.  I once bought a massage product on the ship and rarely used it.  As an aside, the prices I was quoted on the ship were almost exactly what they cost on Amazon.

The above said, I HATE the sales pitch. Ruins the spa experience. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s a six year old zombie thread so probably many things discussed are out of date🧟‍♀️

Hopefully that little gem of writing “No products” at the top of the pre-treatment form is not out of date. I would do more spa treatments onboard if I didn’t have to deal with the sales pitch after having a lovely relaxing treatment. I will certainly try it on my next cruise. 

p.s. I did buy the Elemis refreshing gel on a cruise after a spa massage, as “suggested” by the masseuse to use on my swollen feet and ankles and it worked very  well; my husband even used it all up on our last trip for his swollen feet and ankles. It’s just a bit pricey. 

• Like 1

My partner and  I just both always politely decline, never felt it was a hard sales pitch or anything.  Yes they recommend the products and I just tell them Ill take into consideration and thanks for the info.  I do use a few elemis products and have found them really great, like others I ll purchase it online for really good discounts.  

4 hours ago, TNfamilytraveler said:

The push to buy products was significantly more in 2024 than my prior cruise experiences.  I purchased the detox vitamins and when I got home I looked at the bottles and realized the energy formula contains caffeine (which I have been working at reducing for over a year -- going slow to avoid withdrawal).  The difference between this and the wine steward is that the wine steward doesn't have you alone, in a room for an hour, where they have been telling you about how they are supporting their entire family (elderly mother), how you need to take better care of yourself, etc. etc.   Oh and both you and the wine steward are fully dressed.  I was still in the bathrobe and spa coverup.  

My 93 year old mother also got the high pressure sales treatement and bought 2 lotions that were $70 each.  She didn't understand how much they cost and since we were paying for the cruise that was another $140 on our tab.

I like spa treatments but given my most recent experience, I resolved to never go to any spas on a cruise ship again.

I just listen and at the end of the service politely decline. I have arthritis and the massage therapist even told me the Elemis spa gel she used would help with arthritis. 😆 

Two years ago I had a treatment which was a salt scrub, then you wash off the salt with a milk bath, and then receive a massage.  I purchased the Elemis salt scrub and milk bath, as I liked the scent of both.  I used both of them and have since bought more online. 

Back when the spa was Canyon Ranch, I bought Red Flower's neroli cypress bath soak.  I used that fairly quickly and bought more from Amazon several times.  The price was the same on Amazon as it had been on the ship.