Liquor in Water Bottles

Everyone I talked to brought Vodka in Water bottles or Scotch in Mouthwash bottles in their suitcases on the Allure didn't get caught. So, fill up those bottles. Wine was a different story. All got caught.
LOL, mouth wash bottles is the first thing they look at.:D

First of all, be ready for the wrath of people judging you for suggesting it. Secondly, you will here about rumrunners and other tricks to get alchohol on the boat that can be successful but not always. Lastly, do what you need to but realize it can cost you. They will confiscate anything not sealed and not give it back or it can take your time on your vacation if you are called to the naughty room. I"ve read about someone trying to bring expensive scotch on board and losing it. Don't do mouthwash unless it is a liquer that tastes good with mint. Don't go crazy. If you are going to do it use reason and don't try to bring in the gang. I think it is possible to trick the system if you are cleaver and not ovbvious. Think about whether you can handle the embarrassment and cost and go from there.

LOL, mouth wash bottles is the first thing they look at.:D

Absolutely! We cruise with a friend who is a complete and absolute tea-toteler. On our Liberty cruise last February, guess who had to go to the "naughty room" to pick up one of his bags? Yep, the x-ray machine had flagged the bottles of contact lens solution and mouthwash (non-alcoholic) in his checked bag! :eek:

To the OP: if you are going to smuggle, rum-runners are still probably your best bet, although I've been hearing reports that even some of those are not getting past security lately. :rolleyes:

do not use mouthwash bottles. Everyone will tell you, no matter how clean you think it is, your booze will taste like mouthwash.

They do look at mouthwash bottles and loose water bottles. Do some research, there are better containers out there to bring it onboard.

I don't know - I don't think I could be bothered doing this. Too much trouble for me.

Especially when a lot of the people who do this still have outrageous bar tabs. Some people say they like to have a drink in their room before dinner or to relax without going to a bar and bringing it back. Won't room service deliver a glass or 2 of wine or other "spirits" if you called them? Just wondering.

Three weeks from today I will be back on Freedom. Yippee:):):):D

Especially when a lot of the people who do this still have outrageous bar tabs. Some people say they like to have a drink in their room before dinner or to relax without going to a bar and bringing it back. Won't room service deliver a glass or 2 of wine or other "spirits" if you called them? Just wondering.

Three weeks from today I will be back on Freedom. Yippee:):):):D

Yes they absolutely will. We always have a bottle of wine in our room - either left over from dinner or one from our wine pkg purchase - or we stop on our way to our room - buy a drink and take it with us - really feel like Im on vaca!!

Our Cruising friends have tried numerous times. Had to go to the naughty room every time. I went with him the last time just to experience it. Felt like little children waiting to be disciplined by Mother Superior in grade school. It was rather entertaining though as I watched everyone bringing there luggage to the inspectors, and then opening it and blaming it on there spouse who "packed that bag". One guy opened his bag up and pulled out a bottle of tonic water and told the crew members from security that was it. They laughed at him and said no one just brings tonic water, keep digging. So as he was pulling out his undies and socks and everything else they finally got to the vodka bottles hidden in his shoes. He had this look on his face that was like OH I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS IN THERE" and then blamed his wife. It was pretty funny, but a total waste of cruising time. The whole naughty room adventure was a wasted hour. Time that could have been spent having fun. Oh by the way, the one bottle they did sneak thru, tasted like Listerine!! Buy your drinks on board, but do it in moderation. The Allure is a beautiful ship that should be enjoyed in a sober state.

Mixers...you bring a few cans of bloody mary mix or cranberry juice...all perfectly acceptable. I have been on 22 cruises in 28 months, and NEVER have had my vodka confiscated! Never! I guess I've been lucky. I also purchase liquor on board, cost is not the issue. It's the convenience of having it available in the stateroom whenever you want it. If I could purchase a bottle of liquor on board and bring it to my room, that would be the solution. But, they hold it until the last day of the cruise......so I'll bring my own!

My DH and I brought a couple of bottles of wine on our last cruise. It was a wine that we can't buy locally and the cruise line does not stock. Anyway, we got called to the naughty room and that was a real experience. There was a man down there arguing that he had to take the booze for medicinal reasons. He was a total a$$ and looked like a fool. I don't know what happened to him as we went back to our room (without our wine). We did get our wine back at the end of the cruise.

Unless you are booked on the Oasis or tha Allure, which you must do at least once, and your wine or champagne is important to you , yes change to princess. We never have any problems bringing our favorite wine or champagne on board. We so enjoy having it on our balcony at the end of the evening or before dinner. We love the Crown, Ruby, or Emerald Princess.

Archived