Flash Mob on Solstice

IrishLassie

Next we'll be seeing belly flop contests and beer by the bucket. :rolleyes: So much for Celebrity being a class act. :eek:

I've seen both of those on Celebrity many times, espcially the beer in the bucket. Every cruise I've been on has had a special on that.

I think I've only seen the belly flop contest twice prior. not to mention the King of Celebrity contest out by the pool etc.

Since when is singing and dancing not a class act?

I love Celebrity but bringing some life to their ships is a good thing not a bad thing...and NO that doesn't mean belly flops, or beer by the bucket...

THIS is good clean fun, hurts no one and puts smiles on faces whether they participate or not.... I hope Silhouette has one planned for the 9/15 cruise!

I think these flash mobs look ridiculous! Celebrity advertises fine dining and upscale ambiance and a flash mob doesn't fit the style they are trying to convey. If I want a double cheesburger I'll go to McDonalds. If I want steak I'll go to Mortons or Ruths Chris. If I want flash mobs I'll cruise RCI or Carnival. If I want fine entertainment I'll hit Celebrity. And the only people I see smiling on the ships are the dancers, the rest are looking on in shocked amazement waiting for the spectacle to be over with.

Am I the only one who thinks a flash mob is more annoying than entertaining? :(

I'm with you on this, George Carlin had a famous line that started with, 'Now here's another pack of............" that perfectly sums up my feelings toward flash mobs.

I think these flash mobs look ridiculous! Celebrity advertises fine dining and upscale ambiance and a flash mob doesn't fit the style they are trying to convey. If I want a double cheesburger I'll go to McDonalds. If I want steak I'll go to Mortons or Ruths Chris. If I want flash mobs I'll cruise RCI or Carnival. If I want fine entertainment I'll hit Celebrity. And the only people I see smiling on the ships are the dancers, the rest are looking on in shocked amazement waiting for the spectacle to be over with.

Well the 300 passengers or so on Eclipse sure were having a good time with it last November..... and if you didn't see people smiling in those videos you weren't looking very hard.

I've cruised Celebrity for over a decade.... I love it... and THIS just added to the fun!!

I total respect your opinion about flash mobs but NO way am I going to let you get away with insulting the fine cheeseburgers that are served at the Mast Grill on the Solstice! :D. Seriously, those were some great cheeseburgers.

I total respect your opinion about flash mobs but NO way am I going to let you get away with insulting the fine cheeseburgers that are served at the Mast Grill on the Solstice! :D. Seriously, those were some great cheeseburgers.

As soon as I typed that I just knew I wouldn't get away with it. Had some mighty fine cheeseburgers myself in NYC. Talk about a gourmet cheeseburger worth 25$! ;)

I figure we go on cruises to do crazy stuff we wouldn't do at home. I love spontaneous. I also love trivia and bingo and art shows and fruit and ice carving demonstrations and cheesy cardboard horse racing and doing the lastest stupid dance by the pool.

I figure anyone who doesn't want to do what's going on in one place can easily go elsewhere on the ship.

I don't like people getting drunk, but I've never complained about the people who live to go to the Martini bar every night and then stumble into dinner.

I love surprises and I love it when a CD is spending time with the guests and doing "fun stuff".

Tom

I've seen both of those on Celebrity many times, espcially the beer in the bucket. Every cruise I've been on has had a special on that.

I think I've only seen the belly flop contest twice prior. not to mention the King of Celebrity contest out by the pool etc.

I figure we go on cruises to do crazy stuff we wouldn't do at home. I love spontaneous. I also love trivia and bingo and art shows and fruit and ice carving demonstrations and cheesy cardboard horse racing and doing the lastest stupid dance by the pool.

I figure anyone who doesn't want to do what's going on in one place can easily go elsewhere on the ship.

I don't like people getting drunk, but I've never complained about the people who live to go to the Martini bar every night and then stumble into dinner.

I love surprises and I love it when a CD is spending time with the guests and doing "fun stuff".

Tom

You met my hubby then Tom :D

Tom

Ah that would be me!!! LOL:D Maybe not exactly stumble, but I always blame in on the high heels I'm wearing the movement of the ship.

Ah that would be me!!! LOL:D Maybe not exactly stumble, but I always blame in on the high heels I'm wearing the movement of the ship.

Haha...Had a table mate that loved his martini's before, during and after dinner and almost every night he would come walking into the MDR swaying a little and he would try to blame it on the ship movement. Was really funny when there wasn't any ship movement. He was a riot and so much fun.

Haha...Had a table mate that loved his martini's before, during and after dinner and almost every night he would come walking into the MDR swaying a little and he would try to blame it on the ship movement. Was really funny when there wasn't any ship movement. He was a riot and so much fun.

You have described my DH so accurately. :D

I have been told many times by the friends that I travel with to loosen up when they are doing certain things, but even I love the Flash Mob! Hope they have one on Constellation this Oct.

Thanks to the posters who have posted links to flash mob they were all very entertaining.

Tom

Way to go Tom ................ You tell'em!:p

Nancy

Wow I think that would be great fun, I'd love to see it on Solstice in November. If they look for volunteers, my name would be on top of the list! It's simply some harmless entertainment that lasts a few minutes, not a public lap dance, I can't see what the problem is.

Does anyone know if they do a "Flash Mob" dance on Solstice? I know they didn't last year when we sailed on her, but just wondering if they do now?? :D

I sure hope not! Even mega-ships are too small to contain that many egos in search of attention.

Wow I think that would be great fun, I'd love to see it on Solstice in November. If they look for volunteers, my name would be on top of the list! It's simply some harmless entertainment that lasts a few minutes, not a public lap dance, I can't see what the problem is.

Exactly!!!

BTW, at least a "Flash Mob" isn't a bunch of us old guys in trench coats lurking around the ship. That may raise even more eyebrows :eek:

Tom

I saw an episode of Columbo recently where he was on a cruise ship. Never took his trench coat off once. Speaking of that do they have the murder mystery dinner on Celebrity?

I'm with you. It certainly wouldn't ruin my cruise, but I could definitely do without this stuff. Celebrity just doesn't seem to know what it wants to be when it grows up. It advertises class and elegance, and then starts this kind of stuff. It builds beautiful new ships, but then nickel and dimes everyone with new charges until I feel like I am at KMart tracking down the blue light special. The messages are very mixed. If I want to go and party (and yes, I have been known to do that on occasion) I will also pick RCI or Carnival. Have been on both and enjoyed them, but they are definitely more of a party atmosphere. When I pick Celebrity, I am looking for a classier, more laid back atmosphere. These flash mob events do not fit that model. I can only cringe when I think of what 'creative' ideas they will come up with next. :(

Looks Like Fun for the Staff and some on Lookers.

There were FAR more passengers than staff participating. Hard for me to understand what is wrong with singing and dancing, to happy, upbeat music. I hope to NEVER be so stuffy that I can't appreciate this kind of fun.

Just because Celebrity is a more "classy and elegant" cruiseline does not mean that it's also the cruiseline where fun goes to die for heavan's sake. It's a miniscule portion of the whole cruise, one that passengers enjoy...I know this, I was on the ship.... If it's so horrific to some than go to another part of the ship for that small bit of time.... ME? I'll be dancing, and laughing and having fun...something I thought vacations were supposed to be about!!

Archived