12 night cruise. how many...

lorrdean

formal nights.

we are sailing on serenade next june, a bit port intensive for the first few days, with stops at Cannes, Livorno, rome and naples.

so my questions are how many formal nights on a 12 day cruise? and roughly when do you think they will be?

many thanks :) :)

The website says 2 for 12 night cruises except on some European itineraries. When they will be held depends on your itinerary to some extent. They will probably try to coordinate with sea days.

I looked at your itinerary -- I hadn't realized Serenade was going to be in Europe next year. You may be in the asterisk catefory with 3 formal nights. I would guess that, if that is the case they would have the 1st one on the second night and then the next two on the first sea day and the second to last day of the cruies -- also a sea day.

We only had 2 formal nights last September on our 14 night Ultimate Alaska cruise. We had packed for 3 nights as we assumed there would be 3. Since that cruise only occurs every once in a while, there was no information on how many there would be. We are also sailing on Serenade May 29 in the Mediteranean next year and are planning on 3.

It would be nice if Royal Caribbean stated on their invoice, in the cruise itinerary portion, right after it shows port or cruising, it could show dress code.

I'm going to be with some Royal Caribbean people next week, and I'm going to make a point of suggesting having them add the dress code......so that people can plan accordingly, in advance.

I think it would be nice to know in advance, the number of nights of casual, dress casual, and formal.:)

Rick

In 2012 I believe the Serenade will be doing the same itinerary that the Brilliance did this summer in the Med. If that's the case there were 3 formal nights: the first sea day, the night we left Venice and then the second sea day.

IMO the level of formal dress decreased after the first formal night. By the last formal night I'd say less than half the passengers in the MDR were in formal clothes.

It would be nice if Royal Caribbean stated on their invoice, in the cruise itinerary portion, right after it shows port or cruising, it could show dress code.

I'm going to be with some Royal Caribbean people next week, and I'm going to make a point of suggesting having them add the dress code......so that people can plan accordingly, in advance.

I think it would be nice to know in advance, the number of nights of casual, dress casual, and formal.:)

Rick

Rick I think thats a great idea, especially for us ladies :D

In 2012 I believe the Serenade will be doing the same itinerary that the Brilliance did this summer in the Med. If that's the case there were 3 formal nights: the first sea day, the night we left Venice and then the second sea day.

IMO the level of formal dress decreased after the first formal night. By the last formal night I'd say less than half the passengers in the MDR were in formal clothes.

thank you , will have a look at Brilliance itinerary

thank you , will have a look at Brilliance itinerary

A recent Cruise Compass form the BOS Med cruise shows formal nights were on days 6, 9, and 11. Seem to be later in the cruise, possibly due to the port-intensive itinerary at the beginning.

On our 12 day baltic cruise on Jewel last month we had two formal nights - but between those we had one "semi-formal" night. It's the first time we've experienced one of those, seems to be a new thing.

A semi-formal night is, to all intents and purposes, exactly the same as a formal night except the requirement is only suits, not tuxedos. There are photo opportunities like the other formal nights etc.

Archived