Room Service Only for Breakfast?

dioxide45

Has anyone else done this or are we alone in this? On our last cruise (Freedom) we had breakfast in the MDR and it was a madhouse. Much more so than at dinner it seemed. The WJ is just as bad. I think we may have had breakfast in WJ once and it wasn't anything special and pretty much the same basics every day. We did room service for most of the remaining days.

We are sailing on Oasis in November and are already thinking of just ordering room service for breakfast every day. I understand the menu is limited but I find it so much easier to have it delivered and enjoy in bed or on the balcony. Just fill out the form the night before and place it on our door. Then breakfast appears at the requested time. No noise, no hustle and bustle and only need to be dressed decent enough for the server to deliver the food.

Anyone else done only room service for an entire cruise?

We had room service for seven of the nine days of our last cruise. We order the night before with the door card, and the delivery is punctual and efficient. I love not having to leave the room for coffee first thing, and we have found that we don't eat as much when we skip the WJ breakfast.

I agree, it's great having breakfast on the balcony. We look forward to this again in December---but the first morning may be a wee bit cold :)

teddie

On Carnival doing room service for breakfast just wouldn't cut it for us since I want protein. However with RCI I'm seriously considering it as well since they have eggs and bacon available on the menu.

I wasn't aware that Carnival didn't have protein on the room service menu,. I guess we never ordered room service on a Carnival cruise. We have another Carnival cruise coming up in May, guess it will be the MDR for us. Though on our last Carnival cruise (Dream), we didn't seem to mind the MDR for breakfast. It just seemed that the MDR on Freedom was soooo much busier.

I wasn't aware that Carnival didn't have protein on the room service menu. We have a Carnival cruise coming up in May, guess it will be the MDR for us. Though on our last Carnival cruise (Dream), we didn't seem to mind the MDR for breakfast. It just seemed that the MDR on Freedom was soooo much busier.

It's a continental breakfast on carnival. No bacon, sausage or eggs. I think I recall a tiny bit of salmon for bagels available but that wasn't much of a protein, just a thin sliver.

**edit** double checked and salmon was the only choice with Carnival.

DSC00252.JPG

I wasn't aware that Carnival didn't have protein on the room service menu,. I guess we never ordered room service on a Carnival cruise. We have another Carnival cruise coming up in May, guess it will be the MDR for us. Though on our last Carnival cruise (Dream), we didn't seem to mind the MDR for breakfast. It just seemed that the MDR on Freedom was soooo much busier.

You can order cereal, and milk has protein.:)

We have been on many cruises where we've had room service for breakfast every morning. The only challenge is deciding what time we want to wake up.

One incredibly civilized thing that RCI does is call you when your breakfast is on the way. We would never hear the discreet knock on the door otherwise.

One incredibly civilized thing that RCI does is call you when your breakfast is on the way. We would never hear the discreet knock on the door otherwise.

And it was the best wake up call too!! No need for an alarm, when the phone rang, we'd wake up, get out of bed by the time the attendant was at the door with the breakfast. It was much better than fighting in the WJ or MDR for breakfast. Everything that should have been cold was cold and everything that was supposed to be hot was hot. It was awesome, and something my DH is looking forward to.

My disability makes me slow to get going in the morning, and on every cruise I've been on RCCL was gracious about placing my breakfast on the balcony each morning! On Christmas Day they even brought my entire family waffles, though it was NOT on the menu.

We just got off the Oasis and we had breakfast in our room every single morning! It was fantastic. We also have appetizers delivered right before sailaway a couple of afternoons and that was nice, too.

This sounds like my idea of heaven. We plan to have room service breakfast every morning too, and like teddie, I think it will make us eat less also. We might then grab a couple of sandwiches if we get hungry mid morning.

We have used room service for breckie when we have early start in port and find it much easier then trecking to the MDR or WJ. We have also on leisurely days used this option, and if we decided in the morning have just rang down to place our order and it has never been a problem. I like that they ring you to let you know that your order is on the way.

I started off reading this thread thinking; 'Are you guys crazy?' loved the eggs benedict in the MDR and the choices in the WJ but the more posts I read I thought..... yes! I too have had breakfast via room service and love the wake up phone call and the memory of not being too early for MDR or WJ when I'm in wake up mode and having to deal with crowds and noise.

Thanks for posting the thread OP my mind is made up for my next cruise :D

I'm a person that needs to be up for a few hours before eating, so the idea of having the room service phone call wake me up, only to eat 5 minutes later turns my stomach. I guess there is a big reason why I usually skip breakfast.

I plan on waking up well before I time the delivery. I don't eat breakfast at home but as our trip is port heavy I will need to eat something before we go. The thought of all the buffet food in WJ is more likely to do my stomach in. The room service breakfasts are way lighter than breakfasts available in the MDR and WJ which suits me fine.

We've never ordered room service on a cruise...isn't that funny, that I never even thought of it? We usually enjoyed getting a table by the windows in the WJ, but that sounds like it won't be much fun on Oasis on a port morning! So on our upcoming Oasis cruise we have a D1 and I feel like I'd like to enjoy my big balcony, especially on early port days. Im looking forward to not having to go anywhere and one can dine while the other is in the bath, and we can enjoy coffee before going off for an early excursion.:D

Has anyone else done this or are we alone in this? On our last cruise (Freedom) we had breakfast in the MDR and it was a madhouse. Much more so than at dinner it seemed. The WJ is just as bad. I think we may have had breakfast in WJ once and it wasn't anything special and pretty much the same basics every day. We did room service for most of the remaining days.

We are sailing on Oasis in November and are already thinking of just ordering room service for breakfast every day. I understand the menu is limited but I find it so much easier to have it delivered and enjoy in bed or on the balcony. Just fill out the form the night before and place it on our door. Then breakfast appears at the requested time. No noise, no hustle and bustle and only need to be dressed decent enough for the server to deliver the food.

Anyone else done only room service for an entire cruise?

We are seriously considering having a balcony breakfast everyday next year.

It's only our daughter who likes the hustle and bustle of the windjammer and we don't!

The usual menu (card hanger) looks great, but the suite menu is divine. When you call through, they make everything:D The omelettes are so tasty.

Everything arrives on time and delicious and I can eat in my bathrobe!

So much more relaxing....

Not me. I want to get up early, watch the sunrise, get out of the cabin and walk around the decks while they arent so crowded. Then head to the WJ for a big breakfast. I dont eat a lot of lunch so the thought of the skimpy room service breakfast just doesnt cut it for me. I dont mind the crowds in the WJ at all.

You can order cereal, and milk has protein.:)

We have been on many cruises where we've had room service for breakfast every morning. The only challenge is deciding what time we want to wake up.

I'm with you, Jean. Time challenge is a wee problem. But I sure do love the advance phone call!

On our Adventure cruise in April we had nearly all our breakfasts through room service. It's just too crazy in the WJ and I don't like sitting with new people all the time in the MDR. Only MDR we did on Adventure was the chocolate breakfast and frankly I wasn't all that impressed with it either so not doing that again, but since my mom is with me this time we'll do what she wants. What momma wants momma gets! ;):D

Theresa

We always do room service for breakfast on the balcony! It's heaven! Scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. Neither of us like tomatoes so we write in NO tomatoes and they leave them off. Mixed pastries we write in 4 cinnamon rolls only, and they only give us cinnamon rolls. Yes the room service menu for non-suite guests is somewhat limited, but have never had a problem with writing in special adjustments.

I'm with rummenroman: I, too, need to be awake for at least two hours before I can eat. DH is a late sleeper, so room service really isn't a good choice for us. They wouldn't bring him enough bacon, anyway!!

I just make him put on his "morning" tee shirt. I don't know where we found it, but it says:

"I'm up, I'm dressed, what more do you want?"

Archived