Did the dining room changes take place?

bravostar

What happened to all the talk about dining room changes?

Does anyone know if they ever took place?

What were they?

Nothing!

Just some tweaking of menu items to be announced.

When you arrive at your table, you will find an assortment of meals already served. You will continue to sit at your assigned table, but you should sit where the meal you want is located. This change will be effective this fall at different times, depending on the ship.

When you arrive at your table, you will find an assortment of meals already served. You will continue to sit at your assigned table, but you should sit where the meal you want is located. This change will be effective this fall at different times, depending on the ship.

Hi-- I'm not understanding what you're saying. Do you mean we cannot select our meals from the menu but have to choose what's put out on the table? What if more than 1 person wants the same meal? We usually sit at tables for 6 or 8. How would this work?

Please explain. Thanks:confused:

We just got off the Infinity and didn't see any substantial changes. Some menu items were different, some were the same, some old favorites were gone. The only real change is that part of the dining room is now open seating, but it didn't affect us at all because we were downstairs. We thought the food was very good on our cruise. It was also a 10-dayer so I would have expected the menus to be different from other length cruises.

One thing that surprised me was that the formal night menus were not that formal...they had maybe one or two upscale items, but then (and I'm not remembering exactly, just a general feeling) that the other choices were very comfort food-ish, not what you would expect on formal nights. And conversely, on some of the casual nights they did feature more upscale things. Strange.

Hi-- I'm not understanding what you're saying. Do you mean we cannot select our meals from the menu but have to choose what's put out on the table? What if more than 1 person wants the same meal? We usually sit at tables for 6 or 8. How would this work?

You are kidding, right??

lol.. Good.

REALLY lmfao.

Why don't they tweak them back to the way they were 10 years ago or so.

They need to tweak the economy back many years first. :

Hi, I think they were kidding with you......you will still be able to order

as usual.

It would be like musical chairs. They will play music as you all walk around your tables. When the music stops, you sit down & eat the meal in front of you. That way you get to try new things that you may not normally order.

Celebrity dressing was there most nights...if not I'm sure you could get it every night.

Notable misses were the big veal chop, Osso bucco, and real duck (roasted with orange sauce) - they had duck breast which I don't care for as much. One thing that has been missing for a while is their wonderful mushroom soup - I don't care for this new one that is supposedly from the specialty restaurant.

We only cruise once every year or two so I'm not up on everything, these are just things that we've noticed.

On the Connie they were touting dinner in the galley with the chef and were saying this was the only cruise line that offered that. I suggested they check Princess who has done it for years. They didn't try to sell it that way after that. Could that be what they were talking about? It was quite pricey IMHO.

It would be like musical chairs. They will play music as you all walk around your tables. When the music stops' date=' you sit down & eat the meal in front of you. That way you get to try new things that you may not normally order.[/quote']

lmao! Hysterical thread.Some people are really serious about this.:DJust gets better and better.

On the Connie they were touting dinner in the galley with the chef and were saying this was the only cruise line that offered that. I suggested they check Princess who has done it for years. They didn't try to sell it that way after that. Could that be what they were talking about? It was quite pricey IMHO.

Hi Dianne, hope you and Doug are doing well.:) I have heard about

that dinner on Princess....was that about 100.00 per person?

Hi Dianne, hope you and Doug are doing well.:) I have heard about

that dinner on Princess....was that about 100.00 per person?

I believe it was $119 on the Connie, could have been more. Just emailed a friend who did it to confirm price. We loved the Connie.

Where are you headed next? Maybe we'll connect again one of these days.

This is some kind of joke isn't it? I mean I eat in our kitchen most of the time. It sounds about as exciting as paying $35 to cook my own steak or chops on a grill which I do about once a week at home.

Now if Celebrity wants to tempt me to pay extra, how about offering a meal with the crew...no joke....my understanding is that part of the kitchen prepares ethnic specialties for crew members that we, as passengers, don't get. I bet that would be interesting....

I believe it was $119 on the Connie, could have been more. Just emailed a friend who did it to confirm price. We loved the Connie.

Where are you headed next? Maybe we'll connect again one of these days.

I was wrong. It was about $160. per person and a chef and a ship's officer eat with the table. They said it was good to do one time.

Celebrity dressing was there most nights...if not I'm sure you could get it every night.

Notable misses were the big veal chop, Osso bucco, and real duck (roasted with orange sauce) - they had duck breast which I don't care for as much. One thing that has been missing for a while is their wonderful mushroom soup - I don't care for this new one that is supposedly from the specialty restaurant.

We only cruise once every year or two so I'm not up on everything, these are just things that we've noticed.

Please tell me they still have the imitation duck! I so loved that entree.

It would be like musical chairs. They will play music as you all walk around your tables. When the music stops' date=' you sit down & eat the meal in front of you. That way you get to try new things that you may not normally order.[/quote']

HA! Good one....

Archived