Does Celebrity have a Movies Under The Stars program like Princess?

hrmccoy

Wow back. This thread died 5 months ago. Why did you need to resurrect it? You like MUTS, not everyone does. Don't cruise Celebrity as it doesn't exist.

More importantly, don't dis those who could care less about MUTS.

No, this thread is almost 18 months old...weird.

And I'm not a fan of MUTS and I've worn jeans or at least leisure pants into the Celebrity MDR.

Princess had something going on the MUTS screen pretty much the whole time of our at-sea days going to/from Hawaii which i found distracting. I dont enjoy TV screens in restaurants either Didn't take 'advantage' of MUTS but understand the draw. Just a different venue and tone set by Princess. There are good and not as good options, all subjective.

Den

LESSON ONE to ME: Don't cruise the boards at 2:30 AM :)

My point was some folks like MUTS as much as others don't. Neither is better than the other. What's most important is to cruise on a ship and with a cruise line that has the features you like and enjoy. Cruising on the ship and with a cruise line that meets your needs and desires makes your experience far more superior but does not make you superior over the folks who desire different features. Maybe I was reading too much into some of the comments but I'm glad the ships are different variety is the spice of life.

LESSON ONE to ME: Don't cruise the boards at 2:30 AM :)

My point was some folks like MUTS as much as others don't. Neither is better than the other. What's most important is to cruise on a ship and with a cruise line that has the features you like and enjoy. Cruising on the ship and with a cruise line that meets your needs and desires makes your experience far more superior but does not make you superior over the folks who desire different features. Maybe I was reading too much into some of the comments but I'm glad the ships are different variety is the spice of life.

Love your Lessson One..been there done that! Ha! Always great to come back and 'own up' isn't it. And I agree, nothing wrong with pointing out what you enjoyed on another Line. You never know if people would like that added to their 'favorite Line', or just to know it exists.

The time some of us get wrapped up is when we get into those threads of people really insisting or pressing to get something added or changed, and somehow think if others just agreed on this forum, by magic it would happen, or if it isn't on this Line then it is a major flaw and not worth cruising on. We seem to forget that nothing is free. If we added MUTS or self-service laundry (oh, why did I bring That one up???), or a full promenade and such, then something else has to go.

Life in the real world, beyond our musings on these threads....even on threads 18 months old!

Wonder what the 'perfect' ship would look like? I have a feeling it would turn turtle the first time it tried to leave the dock, or cost $10,000 for an inside SR.

Den

Ah, that certainly a good point. I'm not on Solstice until April. There wasn't much going on when we sailed the Silhouette, but you're right Solstice is a different ship so that wouldn't work. I can't wait to see the hot glass show. It sounds intriguing.

Tom

We were on the Solstice in October and on most nights there was a hot glass show in this area. If they were to also offer movies at the same time it would take away from the ambiance as you wouldn't be able to hear what was being said at the hot glass show.

Yes, that would be Movies Under the Sun, not Stars and I agree that would be annoying. Although, we enjoyed the use of the big screen on the Oasis for a day time movie, but it wan't near a public pool. Near the pool I'd rather just have great blaring reggae music :)

Tom

For some of us the objection is not the opportunity to cozy up and watch movies at night. That is fine and doesn't really bother non watchers. The problem is the use of screens and noise during daylight hours. Totally obnoxious for large numbers of folks who want to use the pool and other attractions in the area of the screens. I will never cruise Princess again.

I don't think there's anything wrong with suggesting something that might improve the ship. Certainly different people have different tastes and I'd never disparage someone for their comments, but I think it's fair to mention ideas.

I didn't know this thread was older or that there was a rule against commenting on threads that were older. It just popped up on the first screen yesterday and I thought it was an interesting subject. As I mentioned we went on a Princess cruise last year and really enjoyed this feature.

But, we like Celebrity better and have been pretty loyal customers so the whole "just sail that [insert here] line if you don't like [what I don't like] is kind of rude (don't remember who did that, but it was a couple of the posts here today).

Tom

Love your Lessson One..been there done that! Ha! Always great to come back and 'own up' isn't it. And I agree, nothing wrong with pointing out what you enjoyed on another Line. You never know if people would like that added to their 'favorite Line', or just to know it exists.

The time some of us get wrapped up is when we get into those threads of people really insisting or pressing to get something added or changed, and somehow think if others just agreed on this forum, by magic it would happen, or if it isn't on this Line then it is a major flaw and not worth cruising on. We seem to forget that nothing is free. If we added MUTS or self-service laundry (oh, why did I bring That one up???), or a full promenade and such, then something else has to go.

Life in the real world, beyond our musings on these threads....even on threads 18 months old!

Wonder what the 'perfect' ship would look like? I have a feeling it would turn turtle the first time it tried to leave the dock, or cost $10,000 for an inside SR.

Den

Don't like them and hope that X does not add them. We have been docked next to ships that had them (Carnival and Princess) and those large tin boxes were blaring very loudly so that the other ships could hear what was being played. On Carnival it was CNN and the annoying Cruise Director hawking the daily goods.

RCI has decided to add them which will keep me away from the pool areas. At least on the Oasis and Allure they are located back in the Aqua Theater and it works there. There is great seating and will not disturb those looking for more peaceful places to relax.

There is no need for MUTS on Celebrity, there is the one and only Martini Bar. :eek:

AND may I add ....... if the music fails to satisfy your personal agenda or volume level appreciations please leave and go directly to one of the other 11 bars on the ship !! :p

I'm very pleased to hear that Celebrity do not have MUTS. We've only ever sailed with Royal Caribbean but unfortunately they have now added big screens to all their ships (or will be this year), even the smaller ones like Legend and Splendour which really don't have the room for you to get away from it. That is one of the main reasons we are now looking at Celebrity.

It may seem trivial, and from reading this thread there are those who say 'if you don't like it go to bed', but I don't go on a cruise to go to bed because I can't get peace and quiet! I go on a cruise to experience the unique feeling of being on deck in the evening, to hear just the sounds of the sea and sight of the stars. I can watch a movie or go to bed early at home if I want to.

LOVED the MUTS area aboard the Ruby Princess! In fact the THREE pool areas are one of the things Princess gets an A+ for! Pool #1 and forward is a typical cruise pool. An actual band complete with a party atmosphere.

DSC00669.JPG

The center pool with the big screen is the MUTS pool. Movies such as "Back to the Future" and concerts featuring Genesis, Billy Joel, James Taylor, et al...what's NOT to like?

IMG_0306.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

The aft pool was quiet and peaceful:

IMG_0312.JPG

All pools featured fresh water and lounge chairs second to none. It was really nice to have a choice in pools and atmospheres.

You can add my name to the list of those who wish Princess would push their MUTS program into the ocean. I have to go looking for places where the noise from something I don't care for won't interfere with my peace and quiet. I don't go on a cruise to sit on a lounger and watch a movie in the middle of the day. I hope Celebrity doesn't adopt such a program.

I agree Chill6x6..... I loved the Ruby Princess and with the 3 pools it gave plenty of options! If you didn't want to watch a movie or concert just go to another pool!! There are choices for everyone's taste! There were days that I sat by the pool with the big screen and if I wasn't Interested in watching I just put my headphones on. JMO tho!! ;)

• 8 months later...

I know this thread was resurrected, but I hadn't seen it before and it raises a question as we will be on my first Celebrity cruise since 1997 (!)

Do Celebrity ships (and specifically the Silhouette) have a place where they regularly show movies?

I'm not a big fan of MUTS as Princess currently use it, but my son previously enjoyed watching some movies in the evening with a group of older teen friends. Telling people to go to their cabin to watch a movie sort of removes the sociable aspect of it. :cool: Not to mention I don't really want to encourage him to go into someone else's cabin!

He's a little older now (21), but this still seems like an activity his age group would enjoy. He's not big into either drinking or dancing...

I know this thread was resurrected, but I hadn't seen it before and it raises a question as we will be on my first Celebrity cruise since 1997 (!)

Do Celebrity ships (and specifically the Silhouette) have a place where they regularly show movies?

I'm not a big fan of MUTS as Princess currently use it, but my son previously enjoyed watching some movies in the evening with a group of older teen friends. Telling people to go to their cabin to watch a movie sort of removes the sociable aspect of it. :cool: Not to mention I don't really want to encourage him to go into someone else's cabin!

He's a little older now (21), but this still seems like an activity his age group would enjoy. He's not big into either drinking or dancing...

To my knowledge no they do not.

I am pleased to also tell you that they do NOT have MUTS! Thankfully!

I really hate it..... Too noisy and such a distraction when trying to chill out by the pool.

Although we have had a number of cruises on Princess, MUTS is not for us.

It is one of the reasons (of many)why we enjoy Celebrity.

Hi Cruisemom!

recently off Silhouette, yes, there is a movie theatre, here's a sample of the schedule from some of the dailies:

Nov 18th: 10:30 pm movie Emperor

Nov 21st: 9:30, Europa Report

Nov 25th: 9 pm, Lone Ranger

I didn't include all the nights, but you get the picture. :D (pathetic pun intended)

Some nights they use the theatre for a late night comedy show, so there's not a movie every evening, but even if there's not one at night, there's almost always one at some point during the day.

Even if he's not into drinking or dancing there's usually some live entertainment in the little ensemble lounge bar area, there are sofas & chairs to sit on & just hang out & relax.

We've only been on one cruise with Celebrity - on Equinox - and they did have movies in the small theatre. I don't think it was every night - it alternated with lectures and other entertainment events, but we went and enjoyed some of the films.

We've only been on one cruise with Celebrity - on Equinox - and they did have movies in the small theatre. I don't think it was every night - it alternated with lectures and other entertainment events, but we went and enjoyed some of the films.

And thats the way movies should be, in a theater.

I'm still new here....someone said wine and cheses on the lawn....help?????

Also I know I dont like MUTS....What the heck does M U T S stand for...:o