Mini Suite Decks

bmtpsu

Do Mini-Suite decks on the Emerald Deck (aft - type AD), in particular on the Grand Princess, have a roof and you would always be in total shade. I have been in Mini-Suites on the Dolphin Deck and there is no roof and total sun. :) Thanks

Do Mini-Suite decks on the Emerald Deck (aft - type AD), in particular on the Grand Princess, have a roof and you would always be in total shade. I have been in Mini-Suites on the Dolphin Deck and there is no roof and total sun. :) Thanks

Yes, I had one, and it was very shady, but of course that depends on the position of the sun. High in the sky, you will have shade, low in the sky, you could still have some sun. But I love this deck, its quiet, less traffic back by those minis, we loved it.

Yes, I had one, and it was very shady, but of course that depends on the position of the sun. High in the sky, you will have shade, low in the sky, you could still have some sun. But I love this deck, its quiet, less traffic back by those minis, we loved it.
Me, too. I much prefer the AD over anything on Dolphin deck.

But depending on the ship, don't you get noise from the deck below? The emerald deck minis on the Emerald are right above Club Fusion.

We were in E730 - the last mini with the extended deck on the port side right above the Club Fusion bandstand - on the Emerald on a Baltics cruise in the summer of 2009. We brought ear plugs and never needed them. Maybe with such a port intensive cruise no one stayed up late (we didn't :)). I wouldn't hesitate to stay in that cabin again -- we loved the balcony and the lack of foot traffic in the hallway.

I prefer a covered balcony....there are PLENTY of places to sun! If the balcony is open, then there's no perceived privacy!

Since you mentioned the word "perceived" I'm one of the few on these boards, it seems, that actually likes the dolphin mini's and never perceived I didn't have privacy. I know, I know - totally open to those next to me and above me but in the 3 mini's I've had on Dolphin I never had any issues at all and never felt like people were "watching" me. I actually love the completely open, night sky that you get in the Dolphin mini's (because there is no balcony directly above you and therefore, no balcony floor above your head. You can sit out there at night and enjoy an immense view of the sky and not have to walk out to your railing and stand to do so. Just thought I would give a different perspective for those that may be booked in Dolphin minis:)

Since you mentioned the word "perceived" I'm one of the few on these boards, it seems, that actually likes the dolphin mini's and never perceived I didn't have privacy. I know, I know - totally open to those next to me and above me but in the 3 mini's I've had on Dolphin I never had any issues at all and never felt like people were "watching" me. I actually love the completely open, night sky that you get in the Dolphin mini's (because there is no balcony directly above you and therefore, no balcony floor above your head. You can sit out there at night and enjoy an immense view of the sky and not have to walk out to your railing and stand to do so. Just thought I would give a different perspective for those that may be booked in Dolphin minis:)

We have only sailed Princess once previously and we had a mini on the Dolphin deck and I completely agree with you! We loved it....no problems at all!

We have another Dolphin mini booked on the Grand for next April! :D

We have only sailed Princess once previously and we had a mini on the Dolphin deck and I completely agree with you! We loved it....no problems at all!

We have another Dolphin mini booked on the Grand for next April! :D

Cool! Nice to know I'm not the only Dolphin deck mini lover! I have one booked on the Sapphire in 2013.!

I'm right there with you. If I want privacy, "perceived" or otherwise, I wouldn't go on a vacation with 3,000 strangers. What others call a lack of privacy on the Dolphin mini's, I call "Make 'em jealous". So what if people watch me on my balcony nibbling on cheese and sipping a 1er Cru. As for shade, well, that's why God invented Panama Hats.

I agree with you! Have only had mini-suites on the Dolphin Deck and loved them.

Thanks for saying this. Lots don't seen to understand. It's all about the angle of the sun.

We've been in some covered that were much more sunny that others totally uncovered. Remember the side panels between balconies normally provide shade on one side or another. It's all about the angle of the sun!

Another vote for complete satisfaction of the uncovered mini balconies. We had 4 in a row on our repo cruise last May up the CA coast...all of us loved them! We had the cabin steward open the balcony doors and the party moved in between balconies at different times of the day.

We also included our neighbors above us, it was a lot of fun. No one was looking for any privacy on this cruise, if you wanted that you closed your drapes and locked the door.

Another vote for complete satisfaction of the uncovered mini balconies. We had 4 in a row on our repo cruise last May up the CA coast...all of us loved them! We had the cabin steward open the balcony doors and the party moved in between balconies at different times of the day.

We also included our neighbors above us, it was a lot of fun. No one was looking for any privacy on this cruise, if you wanted that you closed your drapes and locked the door.

Agree!! A little annoying how people keep "downing" the Dolphin deck mini.....different strokes for different folks!

I probably would never do an inside cabin, but some folks love them....good thing we have lots of choices!! ;)

Archived