Muster Drill during Super Bowl

rockymo

We will be starting our next cruise on Feb. 5 which is Super Bowl Sunday. I understand that Princess will be showing the game on board, I also know that muster drill will occur approx. 8:00 or so. Will they interupt the game to do the drill? I know a couple of football fans that will have to be dragged kicking and screaming (regardless who is playing) Go

Bears!. Does anyone have any insight into this situation? We have been on many many cruises and have NEVER skipped out on a muster drill before, but this might be a deal breaker.

Yes, they will. And most likely they will be smart and turn off the broadcast accordingly. The muster drill is required and they are scanning cards for attendance on some ships.

We will be starting our next cruise on Feb. 5 which is Super Bowl Sunday. I understand that Princess will be showing the game on board, I also know that muster drill will occur approx. 8:00 or so. Will they interupt the game to do the drill? I know a couple of football fans that will have to be dragged kicking and screaming (regardless who is playing) Go

Bears!. Does anyone have any insight into this situation? We have been on many many cruises and have NEVER skipped out on a muster drill before, but this might be a deal breaker.

Muster drill is required by law. Princess will not broadcast during Muster so you won't have to make a choice. I'm guessing the game will be broadcast live so you may miss part of the game. If the SuperBowl is that important, perhaps a cruise at another time should be considered.

We are leaving out of San Juan, the posted time is 11:00. We will do whatever is required of course, I was just wondering if things would be adjusted b/c of the Super Bowl game in this case.

That's midnight eastern time, so it sounds like your muster will be late in the 4th quarter; maybe it will work out that they wait until the game ends to start muster.

I hope it works out for you!

That's midnight eastern time, so it sounds like your muster will be late in the 4th quarter; maybe it will work out that they wait until the game ends to start muster.

I hope it works out for you!

Wrong way. It's 10pm EST. But muster isn't at sailing on the 11pm departures; it's earlier.

Look on the bright side, OP: maybe you'll miss the halftime show.

When I was recently on the Sapphire Princess with a Midnight departure time, they held muster drill at 3:30pm. I would expect something similar here, because if they were holding the muster drill that late they would not only be interrupting the game, but they'd also be interrupting dinner for a number of people and other scheduled entertainment.

When I was recently on the Sapphire Princess with a Midnight departure time, they held muster drill at 3:30pm. I would expect something similar here, because if they were holding the muster drill that late they would not only be interrupting the game, but they'd also be interrupting dinner for a number of people and other scheduled entertainment.

They try to schedule it between the two fixed seating services which would also be between show times. Anytime diners should eat that evening accordingly.

Most likey they will not interrupt the game since they'll be other people (B2B) watching it. They'll also never know who doesn't attend the muster since they do not check everyone who attends, atthough they say they do. If you feel comfortable skipping out on a muster, which many people do, you'll be fine.

We will be starting our next cruise on Feb. 5 which is Super Bowl Sunday. .... Go Bears!.

We are leaving out of Fort Lauderdale that day. Kick off should be 4.20pm-ish EST

and... sorry, dont think the Bears have a chance... i'd LOVE to see it, but for some reason, they choke when they play the Pack, who are on fire this year. I'd love to see Chicago play -- it's been way too long... personally i dont care who it is, as long as it isn't Dallas or Patriots... which i dont see happening.

I'm hoping our Muster is over before kick-off time. the "fluff" stuff we can miss.

Most likey they will not interrupt the game since they'll be other people (B2B) watching it. They'll also never know who doesn't attend the muster since they do not check everyone who attends, atthough they say they do. If you feel comfortable skipping out on a muster, which many people do, you'll be fine.

Normally, all passenger services stop for the muster drill. I suspect that that will include all TV coverage of anything but the muster drill.

Kickoff is usually around 6:15 with the game over by 10:00 or 10:30. We have sailed many time on Superbowl sunday.

whoops -- I did the time wrong... took it 1 hr in the wrong direction, and too late to edit. I"m used to it at 5.20pm. so 6 is way better than 4. EST.

OP - no-one is a bigger football fan than me. And I have been to plenty of Muster Drills. If you are going to be interrupted, take your life jacket with you to MUTS, remember your station* and you will miss maybe 15 minutes. After the drill, head to your cabin, put the jackets away and back to MUTS you go. I wouldn't miss a drill no matter how many I have attended.:)

And if your Bears are not in the SB with the PATRIOTS (which is a most likely scenario:D) just enjoy the game.

*Question to anyone - do you have to go to your own station or can you go to another one?

*Question to anyone - do you have to go to your own station or can you go to another one?

You have to go to your own station...and the life jackets indicate what station you must attend. If staff see the wrong letter, you will be sent to your proper station.

I guess it depends on the boarding process. Our muster on the Island was at 7:45 pm and lasted about 30 minutes. They did not have us use our card to "check in" for the muster but rather searched each room. No where to hide anymore. Hope it all works out for you.

OP - no-one is a bigger football fan than me. And I have been to plenty of Muster Drills. If you are going to be interrupted, take your life jacket with you to MUTS, remember your station* and you will miss maybe 15 minutes. After the drill, head to your cabin, put the jackets away and back to MUTS you go. I wouldn't miss a drill no matter how many I have attended.:)

And if your Bears are not in the SB with the PATRIOTS (which is a most likely scenario:D) just enjoy the game.

I agree. I've been on a ship where the emergency alarm went off at 2am and even very seasoned cruisers didn't know what to do or where to go.

Your Muster station is the one closest to your cabin so it wouldn't make sense to go to one further away anyway. :) And they check the life jackets to make sure everyone is at the right station. The only exception would be a caretaker (taking care of someone else, i.e., elderly, disabled or a child.)

Go PATS! :)

Archived