Pics of Infinity post refurb please

Jborosara

Great Pictures...thank you. Was wondering what you thought of the "new" beds?

I was on the January 2 sailing. The new beds were very comfortable but I wasn't happy with the way they were made up. I had to scrunch down in order to get the blanket up to my chin where I like it. They really tuck those sheets and blankets in at the bottom!

We had an ocean view on deck 3. It was lovely. I got to see more through my big porthole than our friend with the veranda cabin that had a huge overhang above it could see from his veranda door.

The ship is really lovely.

I was on the January 2 sailing. The new beds were very comfortable but I wasn't happy with the way they were made up. I had to scrunch down in order to get the blanket up to my chin where I like it. They really tuck those sheets and blankets in at the bottom!

We had an ocean view on deck 3. It was lovely. I got to see more through my big porthole than our friend with the veranda cabin that had a huge overhang above it could see from his veranda door.

Thanks for the info. I will pull the sheets out from the bottom:p I hate waking up with bent toes.

We're booked in AQ 1136 on the Summit on Feb 17th. AQ1136 is the aft-starboard corner cabin and from these pictures it looks like the back wall of the cabin is glass block or something like that. Has anyone been in either of the aft-corner cabins on deck 11, (AQ1130 or 1136). We've always stayed in CC class and looking forward to the new AQ class cabins.

gimletgal,

Thanks for the pic.

I cropped your shot a little and added some lighting. If you object to it, I'll remove it.

InfinityRefurb2.jpg

added to this shot, these balconies are starting to take shape.

It looks to me that anyone going up the port side stairs to deck 11 can peek around the partition and look into balcony 1133. Am I correct about this?Mary

Was your cabin a new add-on? From the deck plan, it looks deeper. Does it have a larger window than the older oceanviews?

Thanks.

We're booked in AQ 1136 on the Summit on Feb 17th. AQ1136 is the aft-starboard corner cabin and from these pictures it looks like the back wall of the cabin is glass block or something like that. Has anyone been in either of the aft-corner cabins on deck 11, (AQ1130 or 1136). We've always stayed in CC class and looking forward to the new AQ class cabins.

We are on the Millie in August and will be in the corner cabin in the Aqua aft. Room #1133 on port side. We have been reading and trying to find pics of these new cabins. The two links below are from the Summit which have just posted some new pics on Facebook. I will try and give you the two links - hopefully it will go through to CC. They are great pics which will give you a pretty good visual. What do you think of them?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150638759870879&set=a.10150637763565879.448779.92998025878&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150638759760879&set=a.10150637763565879.448779.92998025878&type=1&theater

Is there a connection ( stairs) between the new generated deck 12 ( above the new cabins) and outdoor venue at the stern? Thx.

Michael

Michael,

From everything that I have seen thus far it looks like you have to exit deck 12 via stairs facing the bow at the end of the new cabins, then take a door and walk through the new hallway in the AQ deck 11 section, out the door and down the aft steps.

I haven't seen any direct pics yet, but it looks like that is the plan.

i was in cabin 9153 on Mille - back in October 2011.. It was a great room.

Do you have any pictures of the room/balcony? Also, did you have any problems with noise from the deck above (i.e. chairs, spa doors swinging, music)? Thanks.

Do you have any pictures of the room/balcony? Also, did you have any problems with noise from the deck above (i.e. chairs, spa doors swinging, music)? Thanks.

We'd like to know too! And would like info/pictures showing the support beams and how much of an obstruction they are in that part of the ship.

Thanks.........

Hi,

For 63Galaxie, these shots are from our time in a stateroom just slightly forward of your 9153 location.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2779086770099099348OtUpVN

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2507878430099099348cCbZoO

Along that side of the vessel, in that region of staterooms, we've not had any trouble with noise. Above you will be the Café and its floors are carpeted.

You will find many on these boards cussing and discussing the pros & cons of Deck 9 and the overhang. Your enjoyment of the location will depend not on others' opinions but on your own preferences. If you like a more unobstructed balcony, Deck 9 is not for you. If you appreciate shelter from the elements and don't require upward views from your veranda, then this could be an ideal location.

Have a GREAT cruise!

CM

Hi,

For 63Galaxie, these shots are from our time in a stateroom just slightly forward of your 9153 location.

Along that side of the vessel, in that region of staterooms, we've not had any trouble with noise. Above you will be the Café and its floors are carpeted.

You will find many on these boards cussing and discussing the pros & cons of Deck 9 and the overhang. Your enjoyment of the location will depend not on others' opinions but on your own preferences. If you like a more unobstructed balcony, Deck 9 is not for you. If you appreciate shelter from the elements and don't require upward views from your veranda, then this could be an ideal location.

Have a GREAT cruise!

CM

Thank you so much for the pictures and comments. I can appreciate the different opinions but, with your pictures, can really "see" it for myself. Decisions, decisions, decisions..............

Thanks so much for the information and the pictures! Think we'll stay put and give it a try.

Hi,

Thanks so much for the information and the pictures! Think we'll stay put and give it a try.

Have a GREAT cruise!

CM

I was wondering if anyone had any pics of the decks of the 'side' rooms on Deck 11? There have been lots of pictures of the aft rooms but I am wondering if there is any covering on the side decks and if you can see them from Deck 12.

Thanks

Was your cabin a new add-on? From the deck plan, it looks deeper. Does it have a larger window than the older oceanviews?

Thanks.

It looks like the new ocean view cabins on deck 3 do have bigger windows, according to this post. At least I really hope they do - I just booked three of them on a post-refurb cruise on Millenium!

Any first-hand reviews or photos?