so...are children allowed in the CL?

K L B

This is obviously a hot topic for debate, so this might have been answered but disappeared. My question is simple, and i'm inquiring on the actual rules and not for personal opinion or desire for what you want the rules to be. Are children allowed in the CL? (FOS, if that matters).

This is obviously a hot topic for debate, so this might have been answered but disappeared. My question is simple, and i'm inquiring on the actual rules and not for personal opinion or desire for what you want the rules to be. Are children allowed in the CL? (FOS, if that matters).

nope

The "nope" above is innocently (I assume) incorrect.

The rules changed fleetwide several months ago and are official.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

wonderful. thank you for this answer. very clear.

wonderful. thank you for this answer. very clear.

Our 8 year old Granddaughter who is Diamond Plus is welcome in the Concierge Lounge during the day, in the evening the concierge will meet her outside the lounge with a can drink and visit with her for a few minutes, he really makes her feel welcome.:)

The CL is for suite guests and D+ and Pinnacle guests.

ah. thank you all for answering the question and sticking to the facts :)

this is a bit clearer now because it was making no sense before with all the discussion- mostly based on opinion.

Well, that's clear as mud! ;)

Yes, it was, wasn't it? Here's the "final answer":

Guests under 21 that are sailing in a Top Suite (Grand Suite & Above) or are Diamond + or Pinnacle C&A members may enter the Concierge Lounge after 5PM as long as they are well behaved and accompanied at all times by their parent/guardian.

Period. End of story.

Without resorting to opinions or interpretations of any type, the answer is YES, children are allowed inside the Concierge Lounge, even during happy hour.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Gunther, are you sailing with us on the Explorer next week?

If so,Heee he, gives us plenty of time to discuss this issue

mimi,:)

Yes, it was, wasn't it? Here's the "final answer":

Guests under 21 that are sailing in a Top Suite (Grand Suite & Above) or are Diamond + or Pinnacle C&A members may enter the Concierge Lounge after 5PM as long as they are well behaved and accompanied at all times by their parent/guardian.

Period. End of story.

Where does it state that D+ kids are allowed in after 5pm?, Adams blog only mentioned Suite Guests

Where does it state that D+ kids are allowed in after 5pm?, Adams blog only mentioned Suite Guests

"...we stand by our decision to allow guests in our top suites and our highest loyalty tiers to have their family members under the age of 21 accompany them to the Concierge Lounge at any time. Previously guests under the age of 21 could not enter the CL between 5 p.m. and 8:30 p.m."

Obviously I am wrong on this. A little outdated must be.

So why would little ones want to go there?

Hundreds of posts with both pro and con answers to your question.If you do a search on this subject you wil be reading for a long time,enjoy.;)

It's there as another poster noted, and it's just common sense. Can you imagine the Concierge telling DIAMOND PLUS and PINNACLE members that their kids are not welcome in the CL, while he's opening the door for a 1st-time cruiser and their kids booked in a Grand Suite? That would be absurd.

It's there as another poster noted, and it's just common sense. Can you imagine the Concierge telling DIAMOND PLUS and PINNACLE members that their kids are not welcome in the CL, while he's opening the door for a 1st-time cruiser and their kids booked in a Grand Suite? That would be absurd.

Pinnacle and Diamond Plus guests have, for quite some time now, been accorded the same access to the CL as Suite guests so it would be quite extraordinary if they were suddenly treated differently with regard to the admittance of their children. Unless someone can cite an actual occurrence where those children were denied admittance, I have to assume that they are as welcome in the CL as children who are staying in a suite.:)

Archived