Ordering More Than One Appetizer/Entree

ducklite

Is it OK to order more than one appetizer or entree in the MDR?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Is it OK to order more than one appetizer or entree in the MDR?

• Yes, even if I only eat a few bites of each
    • Yes, if I eat everything I order
    • No, the portions are large enough and you don't need all that food
    • Other, answer below

My husband and I have ordered an extra entree at times if there is something we wanted, but another entree sounded better. We typically divide the extra entree between us. If that is the case, we sometimes skip the appetizer.

I have also ordered two different appetizers, salad and no entree.

One nice thing about eating on a cruise ship...you're not stuck with food you don't like, you can order something else.

I don't find it compulsory to clean the plate.

I've never ordered more than one entree but occasionally will order two apps and skip the soup/salad, or sometimes skip the entree.

I also think it's a good way to try something new, knowing there is no pressure and you can have something else if you don't like what you ordered.

Everyone may do it for a different reason. I have been at tables where someone had a hard time choosing, and when they chose one, the waiter brought the second one anyway. Also had a person with MS at table, and she was piling in the protein, had two meat entrees every meal (she was overly thin). I often prefer the appetizers/sups/salads to the entrees, sometimes order an entree size of an appetizer. EM

We never 'multiple order' but I think ships are used to people doing some of that.

The only reason it would 'bother me' would be if people did this consistently and kept wasting most of it. If they can't eat that much I don't think they should order that much.

JMO.....

I have sometimes ordered a double, especially when it is lobster night. If it is only a tail then having 2 tails is like having the whole lobster!

My husband likes to double up on lamb chops.

Cunard is the best line for doing this! The waiters love to see the passengers enjoying their meals.

Sea Princess was very iffy about the double lobster this time last year. Had to ask to speak to maitre d' but he instantly allowed the extra order.

When I am on holiday I want to enjoy myself so ordering a meal to my specification is a must.

Hope I don't sound like a greedy person. Just got weighed by my practice nurse today and she says I am well within healthy BMI range!:D

Portions are small (IMHO). My 6 foot 2 son would starve if he ordered only 1 entree. He ordered 2 entrees (one night 3) and at least 2 appetizers every night on our last cruise. And he ate every single bite (the boy weighs 150 soaking wet).

I have never ordered more than 1 entree but always order 2 appetizers. At any rate, as long as the food is not being wasted doesn't bother me.

Portions are small (IMHO). My 6 foot 2 son would starve if he ordered only 1 entree.

My 15 YO son thinks the MDR is the greatest. Always 2 or 3 apps and 2 entrees.

And if anyone has something leftover, he will take care of it.

I think it is perfectly acceptable to order any way you want on the menu. Two apps, no soup, an app/salad/soup/two desserts, whatever makes you happy. It might make your table mates uncomfortable if you ordered three apps and three entrees, or something insane like that, but if you can fit the plates on the table without it looking like your own personal Roman food orgy all is well.

You may order what and how many you like....but entrees will be brought on separate plates! (if you order 2 steaks, for example, they don't put 2 on one plate...you get 2 full meals!) You can put it all on one plate and ask the waiter to take the empty one away, so it takes up less space on the table!

On Lobster night, I want to order two (since I heard they are small), ask them to try to not overcook them, and order a steak (if it's on the menu), so I can have surf and turf... :) On other nights, I sometimes order two entrees or either multiple appetizers. Whatever I decide to order, I want to make sure I do not waste any food. Boy, I'm getting hungry... :)

I too order only two dinners on lobster night, but may stop doing that. I hate wasting food and they insist on bringing two complete meals, which I can not finish. So since the lines know this maybe they could cut cost and have some plates made up with only lobster, or steak. I know they sometimes have starter sizes on pasta when that is a main course choice.

Archived