port everglades sailaway

pinnaclegirl

Wish I had the opportunity to see more even these. Even more would like to see one in person!

I live not too far from Cape Liberty, but its cold here and sitting outside to catch sailaways would probably be not so fun :-)

Are there any other ports in the US or Europe that have webcams akin to port everglades? They really do a great job in covering sailaways.

Both my DIL and I were watching the ships together today, she's in Ks. and I'm in In. Don't get to do this very often since she works so today was special. :)Can't wait to be on the Westerdam next Dec. and have her watch us sail away.

Both the Pt. Everglades and Pt. Canaveral webcams do a great job, IMO. It will be nice to have that same service in Miami.

I hope he does well and makes a ton of money from this great idea.

That's too bad, Father. It was a great sight to see, especially when the Westerdam blew her horn 37 times! :-) Loved it!

Was great to see the sisters sailing off together too against the sunset. Touching.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that likes to watch the sail aways. It really gets me in cruise mode. I'm watching it right now.

Is the weather/temperature posted on the site accurate?

My goodness, it shows 54'F. That's cold for FLL, down 20' from a few days ago.

Mind you, it's still better than our sub freezing temps.

Checking the long range forecast is on my "to do" list...lol! I agree...the other day it said 74 degrees F. One year when we arrived in FFL, it was hovering around 50 (at the end of January). The hotel employees were all freezing...and we thought it was warm...here in MA, we'd left 18 degree temps!

It doesn't occur very often that more than 2 HAL ships are in port at any one time - but when it does, it's always a happy occassion for the crew:

3ships.jpg

Photo of 3 Vistas in San Juan a few years back.

I used to have a photo of the 3 Eastern Vistas plus Eurodam at Port Everglades from a year or so ago - Can't seem to find it on this computer...

Photo of 3 Vistas in San Juan a few years back.

I used to have a photo of the 3 Eastern Vistas plus Eurodam at Port Everglades from a year or so ago - Can't seem to find it on this computer...

Great pic Brian.

Archived