Queen Elizabeth in Port Everglades today

DFD1

Not THE queen. She's in England. QE2 is retired and rusting away in Dubai. This is the new Cundard cruiser, Queen Elizabeth. She's about 3 or 4 years old and rarely shows up in Port Everglades.

Not THE queen. She's in England. QE2 is retired and rusting away in Dubai. This is the new Cundard cruiser, Queen Elizabeth. She's about 3 or 4 years old and rarely shows up in Port Everglades.

The Queen Elizabeth just turned two years old.

The QE2 is docked in Dubai where she recently hosted an exclusive New Year's Eve party attended by royalty, celebrities and V.I.P's.

http://www.roblightbody.com/liners/qe-2/news/2011/index.htm

That's good news. Last report I read, obviously out of date, was that QE2 was suffering as result of lack of funding for her conversion/restoration.

Glad to have better information.

As for the Queen Elizabeth's age. I did say "about", although I was wide of the mark.

Thanks for the correction. Always something to learn around here.

Oops! I thought you were talking about the Queen of England. Is this the QE2 or is there a QE3 now?

:o I also thought OP was referencing the Queen of England. That's how I interpreted the thread title. :D

I thought,,,, my oh my,,,, how did they keep that trip a secret? Surely we would have heard. :)

The Queen Elizabeth just turned two years old.

Queen Elizabeth (the ship) was christened by Queen Elizabeth (Her Majesty) in October 2010, so she is barely one year old. Unless she automatically turns one year older every January 1, like racehorses do. (Again, "She" is referring to the ship, not the Queen!)

Archived