4-Star Mariner

Aruba

Finally made it, after a December cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam. I sailed on Maasdam in January and have to say, I REALLY liked the free laundry. :) The days of packing enough clothes to last a week (or longer) are officially OVER!

Congratulations! We are getting close to 4 star too and know we will love the laundry perk too.

But what other 4 star perks do you expect to also enjoy. We have already bought as much HAL logo items that we can ever want so that perk is going to be pretty meaningless. Priority check-in and tender looks good. Priority disembarkation not so good because we always want to stay on board as long as we can.

Luckily, we had an excellent Maasdam Pinnacle experience to wipe out a prior bad one that left us never wanting to return, so that extra discount will be welcome.

Four Star Benefits:

Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm) as well as a complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch

A collectible gift presented to you on board

A 50% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges, wine packages†, beverages in the Explorations Café† and all mini-bar purchases†

A complimentary winetasting session

Complimentary laundry and pressing services†

A 15% discount on Holland America Line logo clothing sold in onboard shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)

A 15% discount on merchandise from http://www.shophollandamerica.com

Discount on select spa treatments from the Greenhouse Spa & Salon

Priority disembarkation†

Priority tender†

Priority check-in†

Early notification of shore excursions available for prebooking*

A complimentary photo of the ship

A special recognition lapel pin

A complimentary one-year subscription to Travel + Leisure or Food & Wine magazine (one per household)

A free subscription to the print or digital* version of Mariner magazine

An annual cruise planner

Advance notice of new itineraries*

Offers to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society

Special offers on select sailings

Waiver of air deviation fees†

Complimentary cruise fare on 3rd/4th guest in your stateroom on select sailings

I also got 50% off on specialty coffee drinks at Explorations. (I probably ended up going twice as often so between that and the 50% off, I ended up spending what I usually do on coffee. ;))

I also got 50% off the regular $269 price for the 7-bottle Admiral wine package as well as 50% off the cover charge at Pinnacle Grill. But for me personally, the most appreciated benefit was the free laundry (even folding!) and pressing.

Finally made it, after a December cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam. I sailed on Maasdam in January and have to say, I REALLY liked the free laundry. :) The days of packing enough clothes to last a week (or longer) are officially OVER!

Congratulations! Isn't that free laundry great! Come in from the day, hit the shower, put the day clothes in the bag, dress for dinner, leave the bag for the steward to take care of.

For some reason I get the feeling that a bag with little in it gets attended to faster, too. :D

Oh, and those 1/2 price hot chocolates in Explorations Cafe aren't bad, either. ;)

Archived