Seems like Royal threw in the towel on their seat saving policy in the Main Theater

bajathree

I just responded to another post that reminded me of this. A few weeks ago on Oasis I noticed that Royal has now changed their wording on the announcement pertaining to the saving of seats in the Main Theater.....they now say that the saving of seats is "discouraged". Not that they ever enforced the no seat saving policy anyways.

I just responded to another post that reminded me of this. A few weeks ago on Oasis I noticed that Royal has now changed their wording on the announcement pertaining to the saving of seats in the Main Theater.....they now say that the saving of seats is "discouraged". Not that they ever enforced the no seat saving policy anyways.

"Discouraged," huh? Well, that is discouraging. Their response to numerous incidents is to change the wording to better promote arguments? Oy vey!

"Discouraged," huh? Well, that is discouraging. Their response to numerous incidents is to change the wording to better promote arguments? Oy vey!

Or to alleviate them from having to enforce their rules! Change the rules so they can say "not my problem". Unfortunate :(

I think I know why...

So many people were becoming militant!!!

Sure saving a bunch of seats is rude!!! However, the anti seat savers were getting aggressive and out of hand wanting to go to war over a silly seat!

Before the show started, I observed a very rude passenger on the Allure in December. There was a couple sitting in the front row and there happenned to be an empty seat next to them. I watched the man tell his wife he was going to the bathroom. About 5 minutes later a couple came down to the front row and wanted to take the two emty seats. The wife said my husband is in the bathroom, one of the seats is his. The other woman was so loud and rude she said no saving of seats and tried to take his seat....She made a big scene but the other woman held her ground.......WOW I said to myself, this is out of control...guy goes to the bathroom and his wife is now in a fight with a complete stranger over his seat. Its people like this woman who think they have the rules on their side so they have license to badger and fight with others!!!

Also the show was to start in a few minutes...........this couple thinks there are two empty seats waiting for them in the front row!!! This other couple prob. waited in line and got there early to get the front seats.

I am glad RCI changed the wording..........atleast now people may not feel they have the right to take matters into their own hands to enforce the rules and bully others.

I think I know why...

So many people were becoming militant!!!

Sure saving a bunch of seats is rude!!! However, the anti seat savers were getting aggressive and out of hand wanting to go to war over a silly seat!

Before the show started, I observed a very rude passenger on the Allure in December. There was a couple sitting in the front row and there happenned to be an empty seat next to them. I watched the man tell his wife he was going to the bathroom. About 5 minutes later a couple came down to the front row and wanted to take the two emty seats. The wife said my husband is in the bathroom, one of the seats is his. The other woman was so loud and rude she said no saving of seats and tried to take his seat....She made a big scene but the other woman held her ground.......WOW I said to myself, this is out of control...guy goes to the bathroom and his wife is now in a fight with a complete stranger over his seat. Its people like this woman who think they have the rules on their side so they have license to badger and fight with others!!!

Also the show was to start in a few minutes...........this couple thinks there are two empty seats waiting for them in the front row!!! This other couple prob. waited in line and got there early to get the front seats.

I am glad RCI changed the wording..........atleast now people may not feel they have the right to take matters into their own hands to enforce the rules and bully others.

You may be right, but I wish RCI would approach this different. When you crowd a thousand people in to one room, there is always going to be an incident, however minor, somewhere in that room. I wish RCI would place staff members in the ailes to better mediate and discourage these incidents. From what I have read, Princess (I think), does this and it works well.

A few years I watched a fight almost break out too during the ice show. There was a woman in front of us saving 3 seats. 2 women came over to take the seats and a huge argument began about not saving seats. The two women approached and one threw her purse on the seat when the other women weren't looking and said she just went to the bathroom and pointed to her purse on the seat. I think the two women knew she was lying but backed off, it was very uncomfortable, I thought they were going to punch each other.

A few years I watched a fight almost break out too during the ice show. There was a woman in front of us saving 3 seats. 2 women came over to take the seats and a huge argument began about not saving seats. The two women approached and one threw her purse on the seat when the other women weren't looking and said she just went to the bathroom and pointed to her purse on the seat. I think the two women knew she was lying but backed off, it was very uncomfortable, I thought they were going to punch each other.

I am so tired of obnoxious people on cruise ships!

Sure saving a bunch of seats is rude!!!

And that is precisely th problem! I've seen one person protect about eight seats in a row as the theatre was reaching capacity.

Then, when the show was about to start, stand up, yell and wave frantically to their friends who were on the other side of the theatre.

It was distracting and rude.

And that is precisely th problem! I've seen one person protect about eight seats in a row as the theatre was reaching capacity.

Then, when the show was about to start, stand up, yell and wave frantically to their friends who were on the other side of the theatre.

It was distracting and rude.

Yes this is nasty rude!!!!

I am so tired of obnoxious people on cruise ships!

I was on Alure when some middle aged lady was saving 8 good seats near the front and center. The theater was filling quickly. Her group was nowhere to be found. A nice senior couple, perhaps 80 years young, spotted the nice gap of empty seats and worked their way down to enjoy the view. They simply shuffled around the lady and sat their rears down in the seats. Do discussion. No bartering. No compromise. No negotiation. Nothing more than "Excuse us..." Once the senior lady was seated, she simply said. "No saving seats". The middle aged lady went ballistic :mad: seeking the help and support of others in the theater. Know one joined her cause as we all knew the rule. As she had her fit, time elapsed and the theater continued to fill. She ending up grabbing her things and leaving. The next 6 lucky guests found nice seats she had "saved". I'm sure they would have thanked her if they could. I always arrive on time (minimum of 1/2 hour before curtain) and get my favorite aisle seat.

Would have been extremely happy had they changed the wording to ''strictly forbidden". Seems like this "new" wording will only create more problems not less?? Also I think it makes things tougher for the crew in the theater, JMHO....K.O. near Philly:confused:

We had an actual fist fight over saving seats in the theater on the Freedom in November. People are amazing.
Are morons and bullies, which I won't and don't tolerate. If you go to a show and someone is saving eight or ten seats I'll take two of those seats every time, very simple....K.O. Near Philly:)

Are these shows even worth it to fight seats for??? The last show I saw on Navigator (and we didn't have a hard time finding a seat) was the ice show and it was awful! The people sitting around us agreed! I remember one performer taking a hula hoop and using it as jump rope while on ice-skates....yeah, I was impressed...NOT!! So the question is...why would anyone fight a seat over this or any show? I would have thrown in the towel immediately and said "See ya!!"

I have found that one of the biggest advantage of being in a huge ship is that there's so much to do, day and night! So find something else that you enjoy doing and let the seat hoarders duke it out....Jerry Springer style! :p

Are these shows even worth it to fight seats for??? The last show I saw on Navigator (and we didn't have a hard time finding a seat) was the ice show and it was awful! The people sitting around us agreed! I remember one performer taking a hula hoop and using it as jump rope while on ice-skates....yeah, I was impressed...NOT!! So the question is...why would anyone fight a seat over this or any show? I would have thrown in the towel immediately and said "See ya!!"

I have found that one of the biggest advantages of being in a huge ship is that there's so much to do, day and night! So find something else that you enjoy doing and let the seat hoarders duke it out....Jerry Springer style! :p

So you don't ever want to see any show on any ship?

How about

While seat saving is discouraged, no more than 1 seat can be saved! :cool:

Yeah I don't mind one being saved but anything more then that is rude. One saved seat for every person. If there are 8 of you, then bring 4 people and leave every other seat empty. Why can't people just show up on time together?

I know I was a jerk this night but about two years ago a man asked me and mine to move down 2 seats so his family could sit together. I san "no thank you sir I arrived early and waited in line and hand picked this seat expressly for me!" I refused. My God I got the ugliest looks from him and his wife. Was this petty of me...yes...... But I might have moved if he was more polite but he acted entitled....this unerved me.

I certainly did not come early to save this late comers seat.

Do it like some venues, make people fill the seats up row by row when entering leaving no gaps. Groups would have to show up together if they want to be together.

I was thinking that at one point. But, I realize now there is only a handfull of real good seats, unless you don't mind sitting all the way up on the balcony over to the left behind a pole. That being said, I don't know why it wouldn't hurt to have ushers take you to your seat of choice, that would eliminate seat saving and then when the late-comers arive they can fill in the gaps or then maybe get rows to stand up and move over to open up seats at the end. Wow!, this always is an interesting topic isn't it?:)

Archived