Enchantment of the Seas Delayed at Cruise Maryland

Radio

constantcruiser: I bet you are right about going to Future Cruises.

Thanks. I guess we will just have to pay then unless it is $3.50 or more for one cup of regular or decaf coffee, which in that case we'll wait until we are in San Juan and go to Old San Juan's Starbucks. We intend to take full advantage of the Diamond Breakfast! Is the Diamond Breakfast on the EN in the MDR or a lounge?

Hi,

The last time we were on the Enchantment the Diamond Breakfast was in the upper level of the MDR. The same full menu as in the regular dining room. Only thing different was it was quiet & much faster. Enjoy your cruise. We are back on the Enchantment on May 3rd. By then everything should be working fine.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

>SNIP<

Enchantment has a Starbucks? I thought they had Seattles Best or something else. With a little luck we will be onboard next week with a sea day and we will be at Starbucks.

Kathy

Yes yes yes, Kathy. . . Enchantment has a Starbucks ! The prices are not bad with a tall at 1.95 and Grande at 2.45 (yes a little more than on land)

They don't open until 7AM. . .

Here are a few pics.

Radio

;);)

Starbucks on Enchantment of the Seas

SU5.JPG

Starbucks is proudly served at Latte-tudes up on Deck 6 (STB)

H8.JPG

All set up in the Radio "Press Room"

F7.JPG

Hello everyone. . . I have not heard anything additional about Enchantment of the Seas, so I look at that as a good thing.

It seems that other passengers have posted that they are relaxed, and are enjoying there "modified" journey.

I am sure that Port Canaveral will be ready tomorrow for Enchantment of the Seas as she "limps" into port.

We'll see what tomorrow brings :)

Radio

;);)

I can fondly remember my 9Night Cruise on Enchantment last month.

SU29.JPG

Good hearing from you Radio!

Now I want a cup of Starbucks coffee and the nearest one is about 5 miles away!

Those pictures of the Enchantment makes me want to cruise even faster.

Glad to hear the seas are now calm and the sun is out for the cruisers.

Now for the suspense of waiting what is going on tomorrow. We just have to wait, I suppose! ;)

Question... Since RCCL has refunded everyone their money for this cruise... Is everyone going to get credit toward their Crown & Anchor status for the sailing???

Technically they went on a cruise... But it was a 'free' cruise...

I believe I've read enough of the threads, (I'm sure you all will let me know if I did not) Technically they still did pay for the cruise. RCCL is putting the amounts each paid for their cruise into the on-board credit account so on the books they still paid for the cruise, Correct???

Yes, but if you are in a hurry, better eat somewhere else, as they are S- L -O -W- ...and they close the joint at 9:30 AM sharp!!! :mad:

We went everyday and enjoyed our no rush of breakfast, and enjoyed our cappuccinos. It is a very laid back area, meant for relaxing and that is what we did.

I believe I've read enough of the threads, (I'm sure you all will let me know if I did not) Technically they still did pay for the cruise. RCCL is putting the amounts each paid for their cruise into the on-board credit account so on the books they still paid for the cruise, Correct???

I thought that C&A rules say that you get your credits when you complete a cruise. Do they say anything about paying for your cruise? I am pretty sure if you pay for a cruise but are then a no show that you don't get the credits. If you did then people could buy very cheap cruises that are on sale and move up C&A levels without ever leaving their homes.

Thank you, everyone, for your Diamond breakfast and Starbucks information. Looking forward to both. Thanks for the great pictures too, Radio. The Starbucks prices Radio quoted are fine; I expected they would be higher. We found that in hotels with Starbucks (e.g., Sheraton), the prices are always a little higher too. Too bad we won't get free wifi at EN's Starbucks.

Kathy

Theron; I recall my ONE cruise out of Baltimore (you were there) we hit mighty rough seas....ship listed 15degrees each way,..... dishes flying about the Windjammer... RC dancers shouting expletives behind the curtain before the show....

... is it you? :D:D

Have a great cruise!

Not me! I've sailed out of Baltimore several times now... just twice had rough weather! :)

Theron

If Enchantment is west of Jacksonville, it would be sailing on I-75 somewhere..

HA !! Now we know RCCL has found a solution to the engine issue..:D;)

Just ''wheel''house it down to PC...:rolleyes:

LOL

Tks

Cheers:)

Hello everyone,

Just a quick check-in.

Still scheduled to arrive at P.C at 7AM. I'm not a morning person - at all - but I plan to be up to try to get a view of what they have waiting for us on the pier when we arrive. I expect it will be an army of equipment, personnel and parts. At least I hope so.

I am very happy to report that at least in the circles I have been in, the attitudes have greatly improved since we found out that the full cruise fares would be refunded. At that point, to me at least, it became much more of a cruise adventure than a wrecked vacation. Even the comedian told a few jokes about it, and got some laughs.

We have heard no official news on the status of the ship. I'm sure they are waiting until they have something they can tell us for sure. I suspect that they have been studying and thinking about this problem very hard for the past 48 hours, and I'm hopeful that they will be able to get it fixed within the time they have currently allocated.

It probably would be good if they would tell us a few more technical details, however... I've heard rumors so bizarre as to be laughable, but of course, you can't laugh at someone who is just repeating "what they've heard." My favorite so far, "they're flying in a new engine from France..." :D I wonder if it comes with its own can-opener to cut the hole in the side of the ship large enough to install it? All in 12 hours while docked at Port Canaveral, I suppose. :)

I spent a fun 90 second elevator ride with a fellow who was telling me that the problem was in the azipod. I told him I was pretty sure Enchantment didn't have azipods, but rather a straight-shaft electric motor propulsion system... He insisted he was right, because he had seen the models around the ship, and I wasn't going to stand there and argue with him. I did suggest he check the name on the hull of the models he was looking at, of course the model outside the Windjammer that he had seen, WITH azipods, was Jewel of the Seas. :)

To wrap things up, we slowed down to around 10 mph sometime earlier today, not because of any problem but simply to hit our planned arrival time in Port Canaveral. So it seems things are on schedule for the big day tomorrow. Hopefully we will have some very good news.

Theron

Archived