Enchantment of the Seas Delayed at Cruise Maryland

Radio

Hopefully Theron or Carpe will post some pix....that would be neat...

I have no idea who gets stuck for the 300 buck fine for pax disembarking, but i will guess that the people had to pay this, though it's just a guess, and with all the problems, MAYBE RCI will help out here....

That said...the cruise did leave, yes a day late, yes they're missing things, but they did get, essentially a full refund.....so the business person/cynic in me thinks that the passengers were charged......

I also hope they can get repairs made......

....and your damages were??? You received a full refund. No sympathy from me. I was wondering when the "gonna sue" posts would begin...and I was expecting it to happen right about now.

Wow, we certainly live in a lawsuit craving country:(

I have to agree. It may be an inconvenience that the itinerary was altered and the weather was bad, but the full refund was more than sufficient. It is still a free cruise to the Bahamas and Florida. If the ship was cleared to sail, I'm sure nobody was in danger.

Oh please!:eek: Lawsuits?? If the Coast Guard cleared them to sail away from Baltimore (which they did obviously) exactly what grounds do you think you would have for a lawsuit??? You already got your money back. What do you want now-money for "pain and suffering"? Kids in the Solarium area? Really?

I had hoped folks would have more sense that this but boy was I wrong!

832 posts in 4 days!!. Amazing.

Since I do not want to bother to read 45 pages of posts, could someone please summarize them in 20 words or less.

DON

Ship left a day late, nasty high waves, missed a port. Full refund for pax, and lawsuits from some.

That's close to 20!

832 posts in 4 days!!. Amazing.

Since I do not want to bother to read 45 pages of posts, could someone please summarize them in 20 words or less.

DON

broken ship, left late, baltimore to florida, but still a 9 day cruise. refunded at 100%. people still unthappy. (19 words!)

I'm wondering if they leave the cruise.. the ENTIRE cruise, will they no longer get the refund since they choose to leave? I'm sorry I would have loved to have done this cruise.[/quote]

I said the same thing. Free cruise, food, entertainment and lodging.

I'll take someone's place that wants to leave;)

I also got off this cruise in Port Canaveral. At least 100 people getting off this a.m. Not sure where folks are getting their info. Unbelievably awful experience, no one is sure why we left Baltimore at all knowing the vessel was compromised. It just didn't feel safe. The only folks who are NOT complaining are retirees whose time is less precious. Will be interesting to see the reviews from more folks who were actually on the ship.

I am a working person, my time is as valuable as yours. You choose to go in the North Atlantic in February, the seas are known to be rough. You signed a contract, if you look at this you agreed to the ship rerouting if needed.

As far as the children go, would you have felt better if the kids had no access to a pool?

Best of Luck trying to find a flight home on vacation week.....

I'm sitting the viking crown looking at a beautiful day in port Canaveral. We're enjoying our cruise. We were on the previous cruise also. No indication of trouble on that one. All ports on time. Lots of happy people aboard. Glad to be rid of the complainers.

again, I ask.. if you leave, will you have to give up the free refund? At no time did I see that anyone was in any danger. You were warm, fed, entertained... and you CHOSE to take the time off from work or whatever.. make the best of it. I doubt that RCI is responsible for your flights home either. just my honest opinion

I also got off this cruise in Port Canaveral. At least 100 people getting off this a.m. Not sure where folks are getting their info. Unbelievably awful experience, no one is sure why we left Baltimore at all knowing the vessel was compromised. It just didn't feel safe. The only folks who are NOT complaining are retirees whose time is less precious. Will be interesting to see the reviews from more folks who were actually on the ship.

Thanks for the info!! We are booked on the Feb 27th Enchantment cruise. If I was in the same situation, I would probably do the same thing...take my refund and spend the rest of my vacation in FL, then rent a car or fly back. Salvage what is left as opposed to spending 2, maybe even just 1 days in port before you leave to sail back to colder weather. That said, I don't know where all this silly lawsuit stuff comes from. You are going to have to take it to arbitration, you waived your right to sue when you signed the contract.

I'm sitting the viking crown looking at a beautiful day in port Canaveral. We're enjoying our cruise. We were on the previous cruise also. No indication of trouble on that one. All ports on time. Lots of happy people aboard. Glad to be rid of the complainers.LOL[/quote]

We were on the previous cruise also and like you said no indication of trouble. Had a great time and are booked on a B2B next year. Enjoy.

I'm sitting the viking crown looking at a beautiful day in port Canaveral. We're enjoying our cruise. We were on the previous cruise also. No indication of trouble on that one. All ports on time. Lots of happy people aboard. Glad to be rid of the complainers.

I wish I were cruising with you...hey, I will be next week if you will just stay on for one more.:)

Thanks for the positive report.:):) Have a wonderful remainder of your cruise.

....and your damages were??? You received a full refund. No sympathy from me. I was wondering when the "gonna sue" posts would begin...and I was expecting it to happen right about now.

Wow, we certainly live in a lawsuit craving country:(

Travel agent: "refund is nowhere near adequate.˝

Licensed100-ton commercial pilot: "props were breaching. We should have never left Baltimore."

I'll trust the opinion of the professional sea captain,thanks.

Opinions aside, it was objectively unsafe to sail into such conditions.

I have a hunch some of the peopleon this board defended Exxon after the Valdez ran aground.

Archived