Enchantment of the Seas Delayed at Cruise Maryland

Radio

There are quite a few people who have decided to leave the cruise at Port Canaveral. I don't know who is paying the fine.

We were sailing at around 10 to 11 knots most of the way down although Captain Gus said we were capable of 15 knots. We also had a trailing sea and wind so the ride could have been worse.

I am on the east coast of Florida and our weather is gorgeous today, and supposed to be this way tomorrow too. If I had a bad experience coming down, and it was my first cruise, then I think I would take the refund and go to Disney World instead of cruising back....especially for those who were sea sick.

Just in case no one posted already, we all got a free cruise. Our itinerary is less than ideal but I can't complain. This is my first cruise.... my wife's too. We will be back on an RCI boat this summer for sure. Itinerary is

Today Canaveral

Tomorrow at sea

24th arrive at Nassau 3pm

25th depart Nassau 11am

26th at sea

27th arrive in bmore

My understanding is that they will try to repair the boat in one of these ports. Hopefully Canaveral so that we can get to Nassau early.

OK off to the beach.

It appears the only way to keep that schedule is with the problem fixed. That tells me they expect to have it fixed by the time you leave Nassau. YAY!!

It appears the only way to keep that schedule is with the problem fixed. That tells me they expect to have it fixed by the time you leave Nassau. YAY!!

If they keep that schedule you are most likely correct, but if they announce later tonight they aren't going to Nassau and just heading back directly to Baltimore they could make it back sometime on the 27th.

I think the fix has to be done tonight, because if it fails in Nassau you are really putting the people on the February 27th sailing in a bad spot. They need to know asap, not on the 25th at 11am when some are flying out the next day on the 26th to Baltimore.

Wonder right now what's more important, getting more food onboard or fixing the ship. Sounds like from the previous cruise they needed this stop to load on some more food.

Edit: I think I might have answered my own question by them stoping here first rather then Nassau to get the ship fixed. Makes you wonder?:confused:

Jimbo:)

If they keep that schedule you are most likely correct, but if they announce later tonight they aren't going to Nassau and just heading back directly to Baltimore they could make it back sometime on the 27th.

I choose to think positively.

Found this thread yesterday, enjoyed all the updates. Wanting to find out what is happing as my daughter is onboard.

Just heard from my daughter, who is already at the beach this am. She ia cruising with her best friend. They are celebrating college grad and passing respiratory therapy state boards. My daughter is experienced cruiser but this is her friends first cruise. She said they are having " the time of their lives. " They've been laying in solarium, going to trivia, visiting bars. She says she has been encouraging those people that complain to look on the bright side. I raised her right. I hope everyone else has a great day!

If anyone sees two beautiful girls - one blond, one brunette- from Virginia , give them a hug from mom. Renee

Just saw my own post, I guess the only time I did a countdown was the Mariner. BUT, that was the swine flu outbreak cruise and it was cancelled and they rebooked us on the Enchantment. That was our first time on her, then we booked her on a cruise to Bermuda and it was rerouted to Bahamas due to hurricane. So we refer to it as our Berhamas cruise. Now my daughter has an enchantment story too. (She was on the flu cruise too.) Renee

There are quite a few people who have decided to leave the cruise at Port Canaveral. I don't know who is paying the fine.

We were sailing at around 10 to 11 knots most of the way down although Captain Gus said we were capable of 15 knots. We also had a trailing sea and wind so the ride could have been worse.

Most likely they are when Royal Caribbean deducts $300 per person from their refund.

They are loading food supplies now. There is a van from an underwater ship maintenance company parked on the pier. 40 people approved to leave the ship today. Don't know who is paying the fine. We are having a wonderful FREE CRUISE!

Wonder right now what's more important, getting more food onboard or fixing the ship. Sounds like from the previous cruise they needed this stop to load on some more food.

Regardless of the cruise line and itinerary, provisions are loaded at almost every port along the way. So he PC provision was not as critical as some might think. Besides, I hardly think that the long shoremen loading the provisions on board are the mechanics needed to repair the ship.

Edit: I think I might have answered my own question by them stoping here first rather then Nassau to get the ship fixed. Makes you wonder?:confused:

Probably all part of the plan as one might assume that if the fix is more complicated than oiriginally thought , Nassau will be canceled and the ship will limp back to Baltimore earlier. Or perhaps even remain in PC. Besides now that the ship is in PC is now under the control of US Coast Guard. The decision is not the Captain's or the the RCCL corporate suits to make if it continues on to Nassau.

Anyway we can all make spectulations . The final decision will most likely be made later today ..... both for this current cruise and the one that embarks on the 27th.

I'm not sailing on her until April 19th. But one never knows . As someone posted earlier these are not just parts waiting on a store shelf.

Found this thread yesterday, enjoyed all the updates. Wanting to find out what is happing as my daughter is onboard.

Just heard from my daughter, who is already at the beach this am. She ia cruising with her best friend. They are celebrating college grad and passing respiratory therapy state boards. My daughter is experienced cruiser but this is her friends first cruise. She said they are having " the time of their lives. " They've been laying in solarium, going to trivia, visiting bars. She says she has been encouraging those people that complain to look on the bright side. I raised her right. I hope everyone else has a great day!

If anyone sees two beautiful girls - one blond, one brunette- from Virginia , give them a hug from mom. Renee

Sounds like your daughter has the right attitude. Yes you did raise her right. We loved our cruise prior to this one, and are booked on a B2B next year.

Anyway we can all make spectulations . The final decision will most likely be made later today ..... both for this current cruise and the one that embarks on the 27th.

I'm not sailing on her until April 19th. But one never knows . As someone posted earlier these are not just parts waiting on a store shelf.

Oh so everyone might be getting off on this stop..........Oh that would be ugly. :eek:

Yes that would be ugly . However it's always a possibility to consider. Particuarlary since the US Coast Guard has to approve whether or not the EN leave port.

Now I would be worried, after the Costa mishap. You can bet they won't let that ship leave inless it is perfect. We already know how Royal feels, they left Baltimore with it NOT perfect.

Don't you think the Coast Guards in Florida will be tougher then the ones in Baltimore? Or the same? I'm Curious.....

It's the same Coast Guard so theoretically they should apply the same rules in the same way regardles of the port involved -- just like the TSA applies the same rules and acts exactly the same way at every airport screening location.

Archived