Holland message about Friday's cruise

madera1

Received an email this morning notifying us that the embarkation time for the Statendam has been moved to 2 pm this Friday. My friend phoned Holland to inquire as to the delay and was told that due to high winds the Statendam will be arriving later to port. Just wondering now when we should actually go to the dock?

Personally...I would arrive at noon. Cruise docs indicate embarkation at 1pm, but we all know arriving at 11am gets you on about 11:30ish. I think this would be a delay of 1 hour thereby...I would be there at noon. imo:)...after all who could miss a meal???..lol

How about early enough so that you don't have to have a private Passenger Safety Drill?

:p;):D

In June, I'm going to be well fed in the MDR, then sitting in my cabin waiting for them to call to the drill. I'm not messing with going with the flow of whiners, complainers, show offs and drinkers. I'll people watch from the wall at the muster station.

Does delayed embarkation mean delayed sailaway?

Not necessarily. You could well sail on time or close to it.

They are wonderful about turning a ship around.

It will depend what time the last of the disembarking guests leave, whether they need to bunker, what loading they are doing.... many variables.

How about early enough so that you don't have to have a private Passenger Safety Drill?

In June, I'm going to be well fed in the MDR, then sitting in my cabin waiting for them to call to the drill. I'm not messing with going with the flow of whiners, complainers, show offs and drinkers. I'll people watch from the wall at the muster station.

Somebody pee in your cornflakes? BTW, did you forget about that last line in your posts?

We arrived this morning at 7 AM on the Maasdam.

As we were leaving the Maasdam at 8:30 the Statendam was just finishing getting tied up at the dock.

So yes -- passengers will be getting off the ship late.

Welcome back KK:)! I missed seeing your posts.

A few minutes ago, I heard on the Port Everglades radio broadcast they are only waiting 100 guests for Statendam and have aboug 15 pallets to load. That could be an indication the ship will leave hardly late if late at all.

Those who refuse to participate in the drill will not be allowed to sail on the voyage.

Just heard on the radio Statendam notified Harbormaster they request a 5:00 P.M. departure.

They expect to be ready to sail, as originally scheduled.

Great how fast HAL crews can turn these ships around.

Congratulations to shore ops and crew/staff/officers on Statendam. They arrived late but will depart on time.

As we were leaving the Maasdam at 8:30 the Statendam was just finishing getting tied up at the dock.

Oh, what a wonderful Post to see!!! So nice to see a Post by you!!!!!!!!! We Missed you!!!!

Joanie

Eurodam disembarked late in Oct 2010 because it had to stop and rescue fishermen.

When we did disembark, there was a very large waiting room full of disgruntled passengers waiting to board.

HAL has done embarking passengers a favor by letting them know not to arrive at the port as early as they otherwise might. This allows them additional time for shopping, sleeping in, etc., rather than waiting in an overcrowded embarkation area.

She might have been late coming in and the boarding might have been late but she cast her lines before 5 and was moving before 5 and she was out to sea and on her journey through the canal and on to San Diego by 5:13 and it was awsome to watch her go out to sea.

Welcome back Krazy Kruizers, you have been missed here on Cruise Critic.

Hope you have had truly great cruises.

Eurodam disembarked late in Oct 2010 because it had to stop and rescue fishermen.

When we did disembark, there was a very large waiting room full of disgruntled passengers waiting to board.

Eurodam disembarked late in Feb. 2009 due to anchor problems at HMC. Embarking passengers were directed to Pier 25 while it disembarked at Pier 26.

When they were ready to begin check in at 26, Groups of about 50 were walked over to the adjacent pier 26.

We disembarked the Statendam today.

She left Cartagena on time, however one main engine was not working. This gave her a lower maximum speed. Also, the weather for the first night after leaving Cartagena was not good. High seas and a lot of pitching/rolling . This kept the speed down too.

Initially, the captain forecasted an arrival in FLL of 12 noon.

Later, the second day, the speed picked up and the actual delay was only one hour and a half.

For us the cruise was fabulous, even though we had to divert to porta caldera, Costa Rica,to disembark a sick crewmember, thereby missing fuerto Amador. Or the 0200 am actual fire in the spa that was extinghuised half an hour later!

Eurodam disembarked late in Feb. 2009 due to anchor problems at HMC. Embarking passengers were directed to Pier 25 while it disembarked at Pier 26.

When they were ready to begin check in at 26, Groups of about 50 were walked over to the adjacent pier 26.

We were on that Eurodam cruise and were aboard for full lunch before we docked in FLL. We knew there was a charter waiting to board and were astounded the magnificent job shore ops did with that pile of luggage and all the guests in order to have space and facility for us to disembark and get our luggage.

We stayed in FLL that night and watched you sail out maybe an hour or even less late and were so impressed.

FLL HAL Shore operations are so well managed and we don't often give them enough credit. IMO

A few minutes ago, I heard on the Port Everglades radio broadcast they are only waiting 100 guests for Statendam and have aboug 15 pallets to load. That could be an indication the ship will leave hardly late if late at all.

Just heard on the radio Statendam notified Harbormaster they request a 5:00 P.M. departure.

They expect to be ready to sail, as originally scheduled.

Great how fast HAL crews can turn these ships around.

Congratulations to shore ops and crew/staff/officers on Statendam. They arrived late but will depart on time.

Interesting!

How did you monitor those transmissions, or they from some live monitor then streaming over some site?

Could you share the source?

Thankyou......:cool:

Archived