now i know why i bring a flashlight !

fuzzywuzzy

Note to self ....flashlight in evening bag.

How all those people made it down the side of the ship is beyond me...how the elderly, the not so physically fit or the simply panicked, managed this feat is truly amazing.

How a person with such a flawed personality became the captain of a cruise ship is the most amazing thing of all.

Living through earthquakes, a flashlight is now always at our side, day and night.
Even without a disaster, a flashlight is always handy to have on the nightstand beside the bed when you need to find something in a drawer or closet or adjust the temperature in the middle of the night without needing to turn on lights and wake up the other person.:)

I saw the show- it was more sad than scary for me. Brought back all of the feelings I had at the time :(.

Can't say enough about bringing small flashlights. Never did it until DH bought a bunch of "torches" for this last cruise. Wow- did we use them.

I saw the show- it was more sad than scary for me. Brought back all of the feelings I had at the time :(.

Can't say enough about bringing small flashlights. Never did it until DH bought a bunch of "torches" for this last cruise. Wow- did we use them.

Were you on the Concordia??

We always carry a small flashlight. We both get up in the middle of the night, and the light comes in handy. And on one past cruise the ship lost power in the middle of the night, and having the light was a great comfort. (They engines started up after an hour or so of just drifting in the ocean! :eek: )

I always pack a flashlight too. But what I've found is I always have my phone with me. For playing games, showing off pictures & telling time (most often I have to mentally adjust the time for "ship" time). So I've down loaded a free flashlight app on my phone. I've been amazed at how many times I've used it. On my last cruise and even at home.

We always carried a small flashlight since we were on the old Regent Sun and we lost power.

My Android phone has a great app that turns the camera LED flash into a flashlight. It's very bright. Now I always have a flashlight with me... and a camera and a video camera. Isn't technology amazing :)

I usually carry a flashlight but forgot one when I sailed a Crystal World Cruise segment last winter. It was a mild winter in Maryland with only 1 snow storm, of course the night before I left. I had used a park and fly at an airport hotel and the power failed about 9PM. I checked my car for a flashlight but no luck. I ended up repacking that morning by the display on my digital camera. I was very lucky I hadn't left much unpacked.

Roy

I agree! I always pack and travel with a (waterproof) flashlight!

While we always cruise (travel) with flashlights, it never occured to me to have waterproof ones for cruise. :eek: I will have them for the next!

Thank you for the waterproof idea.

DH is what I would call flashlight obsessed:D. They are everywhere in our house and at our little place at the beach....he has also insisted on the last few cruises that we each bring little small ones, we also both have flashlight apps on the phones bur we usually keep them turned off while cruising. I can now see his point of view since the Concordia incident:eek:

Archived