JS cabins on Voyager of the Seas

Hi all,

We are considering a cruise on Voyager and just wondering everyones thoughts on the best Junior Suite cabins. We did think deck 9 as deck 10 could have some noise with public areas above these cabins.

We also love AFT cabins, but mainly corner Afts and I don't think Voyager has these types of cabins.

Any assistance would be appreciated.:D

Hi all,

We are considering a cruise on Voyager and just wondering everyones thoughts on the best Junior Suite cabins. We did think deck 9 as deck 10 could have some noise with public areas above these cabins.

We also love AFT cabins, but mainly corner Afts and I don't think Voyager has these types of cabins.

Any assistance would be appreciated.:D

Although deck 10 is just below the pool / public decks, noise shouldn't be a problem as they are pretty well insulated. Deck 9 won't be a problem at all if you want to be sure. (Unless people are being very loud at night and you are on your balcony, but that has never been an issue for us and we prefer higher deck levels). Deck 6, 7, & 10 offer aft JS's, but not corner locations. Just have to determine your preferences and priorities. I too like the aft locations, but I don't cruise for the staterooms (other than to enjoy a balony at night and coming in and out of port), so to me they're all good.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Since I started this thread a while back, I have booked and cancelled this cruise. Now there is a special and we are going to re-book today. My question is still the same, which cabin should we book. I have a hold on on 9628 but noticed that aft facing 1694 is still available. My question is should I be concerned with 1694 considering the Windjamer is above the cabin. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks:)

Hi all,

Since I started this thread a while back, I have booked and cancelled this cruise. Now there is a special and we are going to re-book today. My question is still the same, which cabin should we book. I have a hold on on 9628 but noticed that aft facing 1694 is still available. My question is should I be concerned with 1694 considering the Windjamer is above the cabin. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks:)

I would book 1694. I had that cabin a couple years ago on Voyager out of Galveston, no problems. I have 1694 booked again in Nov. on Mariner. I have 5 cruises booked and all are aft.

Hi all,

We had 1394 on the Explorer (right next to 1694) and really did not hear any noise from above - loved the extra long balcony :D

Pat

If you are considering booking under the flagship sale make sure you read the fineprint of the terms and conditions ..... Here is a link ..

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/contentPage.do?pagename=flagship_terms_and_conditions&wuc=AUS

There are specific clauses that relate to previous bookings for same ship and same date...

If you are considering booking under the flagship sale make sure you read the fineprint of the terms and conditions ..... Here is a link ..

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/contentPage.do?pagename=flagship_terms_and_conditions&wuc=AUS

There are specific clauses that relate to previous bookings for same ship and same date...

Thanks for the information. We cancelled this cruise about 6 weeks ago, so I think we are okay.

without any question

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, but my concerns are:

1) It appears from photos that the view seems to be obstructed and

2) I am concerned about the noise.

Should we forget 1 and 2 and change our booking. I appreciate your advice as I always read your posts:D

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, but my concerns are:

1) It appears from photos that the view seems to be obstructed and

2) I am concerned about the noise.

Should we forget 1 and 2 and change our booking. I appreciate your advice as I always read your posts:D

The "obstruction" really doesn't get in the way, especially on Deck 10. I never encountered any noise in 1694.

We've cruised in 1694 and we loved it. There is no obstructed view looking out but looking down you see the people's balcony of the deck below you. There were no noise issues from the Windjammer. Go for it!

I wanted to add that the JS itself felt bigger than other JS's simply the way the room is layed out and the balcony sort of extends the feel of the room. We travel in GS and OS's and were really pleased with this JS.

these are some shots from 1394 (mirror of 1694) on the Explorer

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Well, once again, thanks all. Have confirmed and paid deposit on 1694, hope it is good. I also hope we like Voyager as much as we love Rhapsody.

I will report back on the JS once we have completed the cruise!:D

Archived