No Escargot on Voyager Last Week

Kinda reminds me of the story about the snail buying a sports car.

It seems that this snail crawled into a car dealer and told him that he wanted the fanciest sport car they had. The salesman says we have this bright red Corvette, but it is a special edition and the price is $100,000.

The snail replies that is just what he wants. He tells the salesman to just lift up his shell and take out the money.

The snail says there is just one more thing, would you please paint a large yellow S on each door. The salesman thinks to himself that this is crazy, so he tells the snail that will be another $50,000. Again the snail says no problem, just lift my shell and take out the money. The salesman obliges him and later the snail takes delivery of the car.

A couple of weeks later as the salesman is filling his vehicle with gas, the snail comes sliding into the station and begins filling his tank. The salesman goes to him and says, why did you take that beautilful car and have those yellow S's painted on the doors" The snail replies, you see all my life I have been a lowly snail, now when I go down the street, people turn their heads and say Wow, look at that S Car Go!

Escargot were offered on the 3/10/12 sailing of Voyager and they were very good. It is one of the things we always look forward to eating.

We were on the same cruise and I think that our group of 17 must have eaten about 30 plates of them..lol.

Kinda reminds me of the story about the snail buying a sports car.

It seems that this snail crawled into a car dealer and told him that he wanted the fanciest sport car they had. The salesman says we have this bright red Corvette, but it is a special edition and the price is $100,000.

The snail replies that is just what he wants. He tells the salesman to just lift up his shell and take out the money.

The snail says there is just one more thing, would you please paint a large yellow S on each door. The salesman thinks to himself that this is crazy, so he tells the snail that will be another $50,000. Again the snail says no problem, just lift my shell and take out the money. The salesman obliges him and later the snail takes delivery of the car.

A couple of weeks later as the salesman is filling his vehicle with gas, the snail comes sliding into the station and begins filling his tank. The salesman goes to him and says, why did you take that beautilful car and have those yellow S's painted on the doors" The snail replies, you see all my life I have been a lowly snail, now when I go down the street, people turn their heads and say Wow, look at that S Car Go!

I tell this joke every time they serve escargot! :D My wife thinks you must have gotten it from me. Does anyone have any good scallop jokes?:confused:

It may be a shellfish allergy rather than an allergy to iodine as Escargot (snails) contain a high amount of iodine also.

Guess I best do some research. I didn't know that they could have a high iodine content. I carry an Epi pen with me and alert the cruise line that I am allergic. I have never been told that I couldn't order them. Hhhhhmmmm now I am really worried.

Thanks for your post. I have a brother in the food industry, he owns restaurants in Florida. Guess I need to give big brother a call.

I tell this joke every time they serve escargot! :D My wife thinks you must have gotten it from me. Does anyone have any good scallop jokes?:confused:

I see you are from Buffalo, did you get it from our friends there, who have heard me tell it whenever they have served it on our several cruises together (met them on a cruise). I actually got this back in the early 70's.

Was I bummed! Escargot is my favorite RCI appetizer. It has always been on the first formal night menue for our past 21 cruises. Not this time. Instead they had tiny scallops and they skimped on the garlic, breadcrumb, butter sauce as well.

Is this another cost cutting move or hopefully just limited to this ship or sailing?

They were not available on Jewel week before last, they had the bay scallops with the same toppings. They were okay, but not as good as the escargots. I asked about them, and was told about the shortage. I was bummed, since it's my favorite MDR dish on RCI. I voiced my desire to see them back on the comment card.

We were on Mariner last week. I had told our waiter how I was looking forward to the escargot. He said he didn't know if we would have escargot the next night or not. When we got to the dining room, they were on the menu, but he came to the table and told me he just came from a meeting & they were told no escargot. So I ordered the scallop dish. He came back to the table shortly with a very excited look on his face and annouced that they had escargot and did I want 2? Abso-freakin'-lutely! So 2 I had. I have a photo somewhere....

My wife is as disgusted by escargot and I am delighted by them - but she loves scallops. I'm OK with scallops but not a huge fan of the bay scallops - less flavor. But if drowned in garlic butter sauce that does not matter so much.

Bad news regarding escargot... Just got off the Liberty on Monday and our head waiter told us they are no longer going to have escargot , replaced by scallops, also no more Lobster tails, replaced by fish filet with a steak! I don't even bother with the MDR, the Windjammer at night is better, more variety.Or the specialty restaurants. They haven't changed the MDR menu in years, really?

We were on Mariner last week. I had told our waiter how I was looking forward to the escargot. He said he didn't know if we would have escargot the next night or not. When we got to the dining room, they were on the menu, but he came to the table and told me he just came from a meeting & they were told no escargot. So I ordered the scallop dish. He came back to the table shortly with a very excited look on his face and annouced that they had escargot and did I want 2? Abso-freakin'-lutely! So 2 I had. I have a photo somewhere....

I was on Oasis in early February. The MDR was pretty empty on Superbowl Sunday and the waiters came around to chit-chat with other tables. "Oh, do you want another plate of escargot?" I had to stop myself at 3 plates to save room for the main course and dessert. Maybe I should have gone for a fourth plate. Come on snails, reproduce.

Bad news regarding escargot... Just got off the Liberty on Monday and our head waiter told us they are no longer going to have escargot , replaced by scallops, also no more Lobster tails, replaced by fish filet with a steak! I don't even bother with the MDR, the Windjammer at night is better, more variety.Or the specialty restaurants. They haven't changed the MDR menu in years, really?

Wait, what? No LOBSTER?!?!

Wait, what? No LOBSTER?!?!

Argh, that would be awful! Lobster night was a huge treat. The kids were quite unhappy that there was no escargot this past week on the Liberty, but middle son actually really enjoyed the scallop substitute.

Archived