The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

We preferred the MDR over Blu, so I called the Captains Club and requested that they change it so we would be eating in the MDR. When we boarded the ship (both times we were in Aquaclass) our dining room "assignment card" showed us in Blu. We went to the MDR immediately and asked that it be changed. No problem at all changing it. And they said we could still eat in Blu at times if we wanted to.

Why would you book Aqua if you don't want to eat in Blu? It's the only aqua perk that has a real value....

Why would you book Aqua if you don't want to eat in Blu? It's the only aqua perk that has a real value....

We wanted a "hump cabin", and that was where we found one. Also, there are other perks (i.e. the shower heads, pillow selections, etc). Another that we did not find worth having, however, was the Persian Gardens (or whatever the correct name is). They not only had it for those in Aquaclass, but also to those in other cabins who paid for it. The 2 times we went down the steam room was over crowded, the beds were all taken, and everyone we spoke with said they had found the same problem.

Our upcoming cruise we have reserved the C2 on the hump. Cost less, and gives us what we want.

And I don't mean to step on toes, as we have met a number of people who love eating in Blu. To each their own. Isn't it nice that we all want different things?

Thank you all for the tips about the m&ms. Looking forward to the peanut butter ice cream! We will no doubt have some more questions before we sail off into the sunset.:D

We were on the Eclipse in April and they had M&M and other sweets which could be had by the cup full if you asked. Also gummy worms. :)

I don't know if these could be considered 'secrets' but didn't notice them mentioned and thought they might be helpful...

~decks of cards are available at guest relations in case you've forgotten to pack any.

~if the riedel wine workshop sounds appealing but the thought of carrying the glasses back home on the plane does not...fear not...X will have your glasses shipped to you for $15 or so.

~you can change US $ for euros at guest relations (transatlantic).

cheers!

We have asked for Reidel glasses to use on the cruise for the last few cruises. If you are purchasing wine the wine steward can easily obtain them for your to use and should place them at you table setting for each dinner. We have a set but never take them because we know they are available for the asking. A wine steward gave us a hard time several cruises ago so we spoke with his boss and then were given them.

Great tips. Many Thanks!! Tom

I just learned that if you are B2B on Celebrity or RCI and have on day between cruises in the same port, the receiving cruise line will cover the coat of a hotel stay for the night. We will be B2B from Celebrity to RCI with a day in between. RCI is paying for the one day precruise stay in a hotel of their choice. Not a bad deal.

I just learned that if you are B2B on Celebrity or RCI and have on day between cruises in the same port, the receiving cruise line will cover the coat of a hotel stay for the night. We will be B2B from Celebrity to RCI with a day in between. RCI is paying for the one day precruise stay in a hotel of their choice. Not a bad deal.

Hello fellow CC cruisers, we have done, and are doing 2 more B2B on Celebrity, one the same day but, different port (Miami disembarkation in the morning and same day sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale in the afternoon, 30 miles away) the other cruise is in and out of Ft. Lauderdale with a night in between, all cabins are the PH and all cruises are on different Celebrity ships. Now my question to our CC group is : Whom should we contact with our request for (possible) transportation from one port to another, and/or the over night hotel arrangements for our other B2B. Please, any help would greatly be appreciate, maybe part of the secrets of Celebrity is first learning how to unravel the puzzle.

Tony

Hello fellow CC cruisers, we have done, and are doing 2 more B2B on Celebrity, one the same day but, different port (Miami disembarkation in the morning and same day sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale in the afternoon, 30 miles away) the other cruise is in and out of Ft. Lauderdale with a night in between, all cabins are the PH and all cruises are on different Celebrity ships. Now my question to our CC group is : Whom should we contact with our request for (possible) transportation from one port to another, and/or the over night hotel arrangements for our other B2B. Please, any help would greatly be appreciate, maybe part of the secrets of Celebrity is first learning how to unravel the puzzle.

Tony

Tony,

Contact the B2B desk at Celebrity. Celebrity should cover the one day hotel stay before the cruise when you have a day between. I doubt they will cover the cost of the transfer from your first cruise to the hotel but they will arrange for you to be picked up at the hotel for your second cruise. We were able to get transfers from Ft lauderdale to our hotel in Miami for $15. Made flying in to Ft Lauderdale( Southwest) instead of Miami a no brainer.

We have asked for Reidel glasses to use on the cruise for the last few cruises. If you are purchasing wine the wine steward can easily obtain them for your to use and should place them at you table setting for each dinner. We have a set but never take them because we know they are available for the asking. A wine steward gave us a hard time several cruises ago so we spoke with his boss and then were given them.

Thanks so much for sharing this tidbit, my wife and I are serious Reidel glass fans and will definitely ask for the "good crystal" to fully enjoy our vino.

BTW, if you are a wine drinker and haven't participated in one of the Reidel glass wine tastings onboard the =X= ships you should check them out. It is relatively inexpensive and eye-opening to see the difference a quality wine glass makes to the taste/texture/bouquet of the wine. You won't be disappointed!

Tony

Hi Tony:)

We were on a B to B out of FLL for the first cruise and out of Miami for the second cruise, with a day in between. Celebrity put us up, for free, at a hotel in Miami and paid for our transportaion to Miami. They used a shuttle bus.

We arrive in Southhampton on the 25th of Oct. on Connie and depart the 27th on the Eclipse. My TA says there is nothing they will do because it is not the same ship. Who do I need to contact? I looked for a b2b person to call and did not find anything. Any help out there?

We were on the Eclipse in April and they had M&M and other sweets which could be had by the cup full if you asked. Also gummy worms. :)

Thank you so much for the info Nancy, what more could we ask for!!

We arrive in Southhampton on the 25th of Oct. on Connie and depart the 27th on the Eclipse. My TA says there is nothing they will do because it is not the same ship. Who do I need to contact? I looked for a b2b person to call and did not find anything. Any help out there?

Call the B2B desk at Celebrity.

We do not have the same cruiseline for our 2 cruises. . The cruise to Sydney is Celebrity and the cruise out of Sydney is RCI. RCI covered it anyway.

It may be because it is 2 days between the 2 cruises not one. We do not use a travel agent for this reason. We do not , then, have access to the cruiseline,

Is this real.????

Hi Everyone,

Don't know if you've seen this yet, but a new "Celebrity secrets" thread was started this year and it has some pretty fun stuff on it - especially if you're first-time cruising. Enjoy! (oh, and all the previous "secrets are summed up on pg. 19...new ones from there on)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1602168&page=19

Is this real.????

Hi,

Yes this is real. We just did it for a B2B from Celebrity to RCI. We get into Sydney on Oct 23 and leave on RCI Oct 24. RCI paid for the one night hotel stay as a zero pre cruise cost and will pick us up at the hotel for the RCI cruise at their expense. We were surprised also and had to do it right away. But they did do it for us.

It works for Celebrity to Celebrity , RCI to RCI and RCI to Celebrity.

I'll start off:

1) On most cruises, if you would like to eat at a specialty restaurant on the first night, ask when you get on board....because they generally offer a discount if you eat there on the first night.

2) If you pre-purchase meals at the specialty restaurants and they offer a discounted package on-board, you can take the discounted package and they will (if you tell them) adjust what you paid with a credit to your on-board account

3) Sign up for internet the day of departure on the ship. In most cases, they will give you an additional 20% minutes on any package bought on the first day. (make sure you ask)

4) For those that are Jewish travelling at Passover, ask guest relations if there will be a special service/meal on your cruise (there will be, but they may not know about it). It is often never announced in the dailies....you just have to ask.

Hi from Arkansas!:)

We travel very extensively also and 90+ cruises on various lines.

Thanks for your efforts to keep everyone "IN THE KNOW!" Like the WORD says, "you have not, because you ask not". I ask and the fruit has been WONDERFUL! All Glory to FATHER GOD!:D

We are cruising February and are booking Aqua Class. Can we eat in the MDH if we choose or are we limited to BLU? Just curious.

Someone already replied to this question that the poster could dine wherever they want. How is that possible? If you are assigned to Blu, you do not have a MDR table assignment, nor are you signed up for Select Dining. How can one go back and forth between dining in Blu and MDR?

Archived