The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

According to the website the wine package must be ordered at least four days before you sail. Has this changed? It is on their website as of yesterday

Packages must be pre-reserved a minimum of four days before your sail date. To purchase Beverage Packages on board, please visit any bar throughout the ship. Taste of the Vineyards wine package is not available on Solstice® Class ships. quote]

If you purchase them in advance, you pay for them in advance, they don't go on your on board account. But they are still available for purchase once you are onboard. Well, I can only speak with experience for the Celebrity Century.

But, from what you posted from the website:

Packages must be pre-reserved a minimum of four days before your sail date. To purchase Beverage Packages on board, please visit any bar throughout the ship. Taste of the Vineyards wine package is not available on Solstice® Class ships.

I don't know what package TheCjs are planning to purchase, but notice it says that some package is not available on S class ships. I wonder why that is.

Btw, by all means don't miss a gander at the wine enclosure at the far aft of the MDR on the Equinox. Mr. B. and I had the pleasure of dining every night next to it, and we were intrigued by all the bottles! We're easily entertained, lol.

1. We like a glass (or two) of wine on our balcony before dinner. Where can we obtain a bottle in the afternoon or can we order it from room service?

You've already gotten a lot of good information about how and where to purchase wine - and yes, you can also order from room service. We sometimes order electronically from the room service menu available on the stateroom monitor and have always received prompt service.

On another subject - we recently discovered, while at breakfast in the elite lounge on-board the Century, that there were various liqueurs available from which we could have a shot added to our specialty coffee or hot chocolate at no extra charge.

Hi Kellie,

I am going to ask for the cheese platter and save it in the cooler to have with the wine we bring onboard in the evening.

Hi! We are booked for our first Celebrity Cruise to the Arctic Circle next year. Above are you saying that we can bring our own wine onboard the ship. We've only sailed RC and they confiscate everything.

Many thanks!

Joy

As virgin cruisers we would like to say a huge thank you to everyone on this thread for the extremely valuable information on here.:)

We have been visiting this thread for the last 18 months and can't believe that our sail date is almost upon us. We are so excited and feel well equipped with all the secrets posted on here.

BIG BIG THANKS :D:D:D

Bernie & Valerie

As virgin cruisers we would like to say a huge thank you to everyone on this thread for the extremely valuable information on here.:)

We have been visiting this thread for the last 18 months and can't believe that our sail date is almost upon us. We are so excited and feel well equipped with all the secrets posted on here.

BIG BIG THANKS :D:D:D

Bernie & Valerie

You're welcome! I'm sure most posters here would agree that it has been our pleasure to share whatever tips we've figured out in the course of cruising. I hope you'll continue to be an active participant on the boards and come back and share what you've discovered!

Have a wonderful first cruise!

Why be so rude? The reason "they" are posting here is because they either don't know or don't understand about roll calls.

Why not just help?

For those who need to go to roll call (and you do need to for these specific questions), go this link, and then follow your ship, and then your voyage:

Click here for roll calls and to ask specific questions for your voyage

We are CANADIANS taking the Celebrity Reflection Nov 4..from Venice to Barcelona..

Any dining tips? Do we need to book dining rooms early,each day,etc?

Should we recieve luggage tags from our local TA? Havent seen any:confused:

Any nice hot tubs tucked away on this ship?

Are lots of hangers provided/will we notice a smaller closet than our usual

Princess fare?

All suggestions helpful thanks! 6 1/2 WEEKS NOW!:)

Dale and Laura:)

We are CANADIANS taking the Celebrity Reflection Nov 4..from Venice to Barcelona..

Any dining tips? Do we need to book dining rooms early,each day,etc?

Should we recieve luggage tags from our local TA? Havent seen any:confused:

Any nice hot tubs tucked away on this ship?

Are lots of hangers provided/will we notice a smaller closet than our usual

Princess fare?

All suggestions helpful thanks! 6 1/2 WEEKS NOW!:)

Dale and Laura:)

Hi Dale and Laura:)....if you booked throught a TA? Call them about

your luggage tags.

As for your dining? Did you book select or traditional? If you booked

select, you can just go to the dining room each night (usually

select is upstairs starboard side) without too much of a wait.

Yes, there are hangers provided. If you need more? Ask your

cabin attendant for them. I have done that over the years and

they always bring me however many I need.:)

Here is the roll call for your cruise.....click on the link and you can

meet lots of other people:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1394413

Hello...I'm sure the answer to my question is on this thread, but I have only made it to # 22..we are booked b2b in Australia in March, we will be Captains Club Select on the first cruise and Elite on the second...my question is are the coupons per person or per cabin .... either way...wonderful savings for laundry and internet.

Hello...I'm sure the answer to my question is on this thread, but I have only made it to # 22..we are booked b2b in Australia in March, we will be Captains Club Select on the first cruise and Elite on the second...my question is are the coupons per person or per cabin .... either way...wonderful savings for laundry and internet.
The coupons are per person/per cruise, so you should get another set on the second leg of your cruise.

Hi there. Have a great time, sounds wonderful, B2B Australia!

Btw, not sure, but you might have to get the Captain's Club Hostess to make sure you're listed as Elite for your second cruise. When Mr. B. and I booked our Oz/NZ cruise, we were Select, and despite the fact that we made Elite in Sept., our status change never showed up in our January Oz/NZ booking. Finally I called and they changed it and sent an email to the Hostess, but we still had trouble when we boarded, as our key cards still showed Select! They gave us a sticker to put on the key card, but then I kept having trouble with my key card! However, we did get the correct coupons, plus we thoroughly enjoyed the Elite benefits.

You enjoy, too!

--May

Hi, can anyone help with this question, please.

We booked our cruise direct with Celebrity and have a large amount of OBC. This shows on our guest invoice but not as one amount but in $100 portions each with some kind of coding following it.

Can we spend our OBC on anything on the ship or will we be restricted according to the codes ie some for drinks, some for coffe etc.

Anyone know how it all works.

Thanks to all for the info contained here it certainly helps us first timers.

Carol

Hi' date=' can anyone help with this question, please.

We booked our cruise direct with Celebrity and have a large amount of OBC. This shows on our guest invoice but not as one amount but in $100 portions each with some kind of coding following it.

Can we spend our OBC on anything on the ship or will we be restricted according to the codes ie some for drinks, some for coffe etc.

Carol[/quote']

Hi Carol:)the amount of credit will be put onto your account and as

you purchase things the credit will get smaller.....anything you

drink....coffees, adult beverages, etc...and anything that costs

money...specialty restaurants....you will still give them your S&S

card but if you have a large credit?:D....the items get charged but

your credit will pay for the items. And you can check your account

via your tv too:)

Hi Theresa (mimto4),

You never know where you'll run into friends!

Peggy

:p ;) Hey you! What are you doing over here? Trying to find Celeb's secrets to take back to Regent or Crystal? You bad girl!

Ok, to stay on topic. . .if you are in Concierge class (and I believe Aqua), you will get a not-so-good bottle of bubbly. Don't hesitate to ask your attendant to change it to a bottle of white or red wine. It will be a bit better than the bubbly, at least IMO. If he or she says they can't (they can), encourage them to "make an exception" for you, or take it to dinner with you and ask them to exchange it. They will.

if you don't finish a bottle of wine at dinner...ask the waiter to save it for you. Then the next night (or lunch) or so...ask for it. They are stored by cabin number. We've bought wine in a specialty restaurant and had he 'left-overs' in the Lido. (may take a while to find it so ask before you order).

Hi' date=' can anyone help with this question, please.

Carol[/quote']

The coding might be telling you whether or not the OBC is refundable. Celebrity will always use up your non-refundable OBC first. The refundable OBC (if unused) will be credited back to the credit card your onboard account is tied to.

You can spend your OBC on anything that you can purchase with your sea pass. In addition, it can be used to pay your gratuities which are charged to your account daily.

Enjoy your first cruise! You'll probably get hooked like the rest of us.

Archived